It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATTENTION!!!! A new credit card scam sweeping the US and Canada **please read**

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Someone is always trying to seperate you from your money

Seems their first step is identity theft
But they need the pin..so they call you to sucker it out of you

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The key to this is simple enough. Never speak with anyone who calls or emails you. Always tell them you will call the phone number on your card, confirm who they are and let them connect you to them if they are for real. Learned that many years ago.

Of course I have some fun also. I grill them for any information I can get and keep them on the phone for as long as I can with crazy talk and dumb questions. I make them give me company name, address, their full name and so on. Then I ask for their supervisor. Generally at that point they hang up and go away. A couple of times I've kept them on the line for twenty or thirty minutes.

My favorite one is the where they tell you if you don't subscribe to a service it will cost you extra money and then want you to use the card to pay for the service, supposedly coming from the company that issued the card.

Real Credit Card companies employees cannot access your information to begin with.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Good info but an old scam.

about.com urbanlegends

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

I worked in a call center for 6 years in the US and occasionally I would have to take credit card details . . .

in all honesty, there was nothing to stop employees from taking the card #'s and info and using it, but they would have to be the one to obtain it directly from the customer and their employee id was tied to it. . . . once entered into the system it only showed the employee id, last 4 of the card # and the card type (visa, mastercard, etc) . ..nothing else . . .

and the company I worked for was sure to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law, which they did on several occasions while I worked there

I don't own any credit cards so no worries here!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
i dont get it, how can they do anything on your account(card) with only that information?

i need to input much more info when i want to make purchase, or register a card on paypal for example

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan

But a useful alert to people who havnt seen it, I suppose.

You suppose correctly

When evil rears its ugly head, its a good thing to be reminded to be on alert and remember some good ole commen sense.

the sad thing I see is that you have already put your trust into the wrong hands in the first place...

the Fed.. Visa, MC.. BoA, WF.. Sally, Freddie and al the rest..

you see when America went into default a mere 15 or so years after the Creature from Jekyll Island (ie the private bank known as The Federal Reserve) was questionably created in the passing of Senator "Aldrich's Bill", ...Your Signature creates the Value, by way of Contract..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1a22b5b98433.jpg[/atsimg]

your worried about crooks taking you for a ride when the company your trusting in is doing FAR worse...

you Sign Your Sovereign Name onto a credit card contract for .. lets say $5k.

so you made a legal promissory note.

but the rub is you think that the Bank has a pile of money somewhere and now it was transferred to you somehow in the form of Goblins working in Gringotts over at Diagon Alley..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2277e615a700.jpg[/atsimg]

ok.. so I have to pay it back? to be an upright Citizen. and those guys have dragons..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/682c1875e65b.jpg[/atsimg]

yes? However, what if you knew that promissory note piece of paper just became worth $5,000 and that, along with other similar promissory notes are sold on the market.? make you think twice?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d415965b913d.jpg[/atsimg]

so average CC rate today is 14.88% per month. max out that's $744 per month in interest with a good credit rating... average consumer's oldest obligation is 14 years old old..

by the time you even get close on the principle to close this account.. your original Note with your signature has been tossed around wall street making everyone money .. but you..

so using the average times of account being held open .. paid $124,992 in interest alone.. and mind you guys at ATS out there.. yes this is worst case scenario.. but that's the thing...we always think we can pay it off quicker.. and check the average cards Americans hold now..

anyways.. you would have paid.. $129,992 back.. PLUS they made MONEY off the Value of YOUR Promissory Note.. ( So Did Others Too.. OPM)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/33eb687beee5.jpg[/atsimg]

same with your car.. then they repo it when you fall behind.. then turn around and get a Sovereign Man to SIGN another NOTE for the same car.. your payments + interest + vehicle.. and your left with nothing but.. man you should'a seen my mustang dude.. and DEBT.. now your at higher interest rate..

and your worried about giving away your 3 digit security code on the back to a telemarketing scam? no wonder these scams work and are around for years.. if you have one.. your already a Mark!

The Constitution IS a list of what the federal government is authorized to do, with ALL ELSE being DENIED to it by default. The absence of specific constitutional authorization for anything means that the federal government is denied/prohibited by default.

Amendments 9 & 10 are probably the clearest and most simple explanation of that point:

AMENDMENT IX
RIGHTS RETAINED BY THE PEOPLE
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

AMENDMENT X
POWERS RETAINED BY THE STATES AND THE PEOPLE
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0c1d05d91e50.jpg[/atsimg]

About the money issue, take the following from the Constitution:

Article I, Section 8, Clause 5: The Congress shall have Power…To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures.

Article I, Section 10, Clause 1: No State shall…coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debt.

So, from that we have:

1. The federal government can coin money.

2. States cannot coin money.

3. States have the authority of determining what can be used as a tender in payment of debts by default, because the federal government does not have that specific constitutional authorization.

4. States are then prohibited by the Constitution from making any Thing but gold or silver coin a tender in payment of debts. (Which also additionally proves that #3 is correct.)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7b3b7ad76111.jpg[/atsimg]

So as Ron Paul has clearly stated in order for the Federal Reserve to be legal, as per the highest law of our land, it MUST be specifically authorized by the Constitution. It is not, therefore it is forbidden by default.

The Great Banking Scam Explained

Money as Debt

Google Video Link

The Money Masters

The American Dream

Ron Paul

Freedom to Fascism

Google Video Link

edit on 17-8-2011 by reeferman because: googe video links.. what else

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RTGREAT
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Also, why such a modest amount? Why not add a 2-3 zeros to purchase? I would - prison term will be pretty much the same if they catch you, why not to go va-bank?

many people will see a relatively small purchase and ignore it.
prosecutors that will target a thousand-dollar plus fraud might ignore one half that.

I used to work at a call center and we had one or two people get busted for stealing and using CC#s. they got caught because they ordered things and had them delivered to their home address.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by works4dhs

Originally posted by RTGREAT
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Also, why such a modest amount? Why not add a 2-3 zeros to purchase? I would - prison term will be pretty much the same if they catch you, why not to go va-bank?

many people will see a relatively small purchase and ignore it.
prosecutors that will target a thousand-dollar plus fraud might ignore one half that.

I used to work at a call center and we had one or two people get busted for stealing and using CC#s. they got caught because they ordered things and had them delivered to their home address.

They were completely stupid right then and there. Stealing CC #s and using them to order stuff and have them delivered to their own house(s)? They might as well put out a huge billboard saying to law enforcement *HEY I STOLE SOME CC #S COME TAKE ME TO JAIL*

top topics

<< 1   >>

join