BREAKING: Rick Perry Wins ATS Republican Straw Poll

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+41 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
DISASSOCIATED PRESS
NEW YORK - August 16, 2011 - Texas governor Rick Perry wins the ATS Republican Straw poll in commanding fashion with more than five percent more votes than his closest rival, Michelle Bachmann. Other top finishers in this early season online straw poll include Sarah Palin (6.6%), Herman Cain (6.4%), and Mitt Romney (5.5%).

The highly-popular news and alternative opinion web site, AboveTopSecret.com (known as ATS), operated an online straw poll, audited by the disAssociated Press and another independent auditing firm. The poll asked respondents to pick a candidate, then indicate why they prefer that specific candidate. The number-one reason pollers picked Rick Perry was his core economic policy, indicating potential voters are frustrated with the state of the national economy.

Others who performed well, and show promise as the campaign season picks up, are Newt Gingrich and Jon Huntsman. Non of the candidates were available for comment.

Fringe Libertarian candidate Ron Paul showed well in the polling, but we're not allowed to talk about him.

Actual Straw Poll Results are Below:

This is satire and does not represent actual straw poll results.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Fringe Libertarian candidate Ron Paul showed well in the polling, but we're not allowed to talk about him.
Fudge Ron Paul is the only candidate who doesn't sound like a used cars salesman. It would be interesting to see if Ron Paul was President of the U.S.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

SO, you must be like really bored or something. Maybe it's time you, Mark and the boys went on another Gilliand ranch excursion or something....

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Thank goodness for satire.

I thought my head was going to explode.
edit on 2011/8/16 by Aeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I missed the poll....were there rules? Why were we not allowed to talk about Ron Paul? I do dislike politics, politicians are mostly all the same, sad really. I soo hope Ron Paul is our next President!
edit on 16-8-2011 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

Okay new puppy at home and lack of sleep to catch on...LOL...I get it now
edit on 16-8-2011 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I almost channeled that freak-out dude from April 1st.

Well-done.

And if you're listening freak-out dude, thanks a million. It still makes me laugh. Primarily because I was right behind you until I got pulled into a meeting that day.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
yeah skeptics has got the mainstream speak down pat.

GO PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I knew Rick Perry would win. He always has the best luck.

link   
So......in other words, Ron Paul was the clear winner in the ATS Straw Poll.

link   

I was about to poop my pants SO

Got me good!!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

HAHAHAHA!

good one SO, good one! You almost had me there with the title and the first few paragraphs... Then i got to the poll image and lol'ed.

edit on 8/16/2011 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Thanks for the laugh - I knew from the moment I saw the title what was going on though. There is 0% chance, in my mind, that ATS'ers pick Perry.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Love it!

Good show SO

link   
I couldn't resist. The poll is still open for a few more hours. Actual results will hopefully be up late tonight.

link   
I was enraged at the title at first.
Great sense of humor guys.

I actually took this survey even though I am Canadian.

link   

LOL

link   
SO,

Are you pulling an election 2000 Florida on us though? Calling the race before the voting has closed? Electioneering??!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
April Fools? O, wait....its August!

Thanks for the laugh, but isn't it funny how Rick Perry is a comical joke to us but to the rest of the US he is actually a viable candidate?

Now thats funny!

link   

DISASSOCIATED PRESS.................................................

God,how that rings so true..................

link   
Can't believe Bachmann got any votes at all.

Guess I have more work to do

<<   2  3  4 >>

join