It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brothers in the Shadows: Evidence that Secret Societies Manipulate World Affairs

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
now this sounds like a more plausible secret society conspiracy,

compared to all the Illuminati, bilderberg, etc. crap floating around.

well researched, never heard of it.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I've already begun digging deeper into this fascinating man. Truth be told I don't even know where to start reading his books. I found this one of interest, Agriculture Course: The Birth of the Biodynamic Method because...well...it might be a good idea to learn to till the land--- better this time, once the planet's anticipated "reset" happens after (fill in the blank with your favorite conspiracy's theory about how that happens).

I think I'll get started with that one and How to Know Higher Worlds unless someone has a better suggestion...

Agriculture Course: The Birth of the Biodynamic Method

How to Know Higher Worlds: A Modern Path of Initiation

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by requires1231

As I said on page 1, it may be worth reading "The Gods of Eden" by William Bramley. He goes into this theory at some length and, although I do not believe everything he says, it is certainly thought provoking.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Not trying to discredit your argument or theory, but perhaps he was a very intelligent guy. Of all the thousands of members in this organizations that meet in private, some of them lecture and write. Of those, is it possible that a few of them could be right about a lot of things?

So as far as a group "making" it happen, I'm not convinced. Could some very intelligent person see it coming? I can believe that.

That's just my opinion. By the way, I'm horrible at history - world or any other kind - so if I've missed something in interpreting what you placed for us to read, sorry. I did read it, but I can't put it in context.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Superb thread its great to see new and well researched information.

S&F

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by nagabonar

Bilderberg crap? lol

Thats the most "in your face" secret society out there because we know who's involved but don't know what they discuss because they keep the whole thing so "secret".

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

I can’t say I am surprised, but welcome your shared view. On earth there has always been somebody ready to map out and manipulate people’s lives. In their eyes we are just children with no direction, so why not set out a plan? Until we really do mature, that’s what’s on each individual’s plate. They are happy with our comfortably numb scenario, the question is are you? From that point on leaps and bounds is more than just a possibility. Best wishes.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Hey Man,

Very well put together.
There are a number of parallels with todays situation so this something that should stay in the forefront for a while.
Very relevant
Thanks!

This kind of thing is why I come here!

edit on 17-8-2011 by soundofathousandbirds because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Great post OP. I never realised that Theosophy had an offshoot philosophy!

Perhaps Steiner had affiliations with the likes of Blavatsky, Bailey, Leadbeater, Krishnamurthi and such like folk..
For me it is interesting to see the correlations between the two philosophies, one seems a more intense version of the other.

The fact that Theosophy supports the notion of the arrival of a World Teacher would be worthy of noting and seeing if there are any parallels between the two philosophies in this regard. I mention this only due to the research i have conducted over the years and the evident planning that has taken place from the inception of occultism on the world and its history as a whole. For me it appears that the stage is being set for the arrival of the one. Everything lends credence to this being the end goal of both philosophies..

Would be interested in getting the OP's insight on this angle...

Thanks again

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies everyone

It's great to know that some of you are looking into this further.

Some more Steiner quotes:

In many places outside the actual British Realm, Freemasonry pursues exclusively or mainly political interests. And further: The Lodges knew how to find the channels for imprinting certain directions into people’s thoughts … then one only needs to press the button and the thing carries on working. In what direction? – Towards seizure of power by the few, using the means that are known in the sanctuary of the Lodge (Jan. 8, 1917, GA 174).

Somebody mentioned how the maps do have some inaccuracies, which is very true. That can be somewhat explained by the following:

Rudolf Steiner told the anthroposophists of a map of Europe that had been drawn by the secret societies already in the ’Eighties of the 19th century. With the aid of this map the members of the societies were trained for special tasks – preparation of the First World War. This map also foresaw the division of Austria-Hungary, the formation of a Slavic confederation in the Balkans, the shifting of the eastern border of France etc. Rudolf Steiner closes his account with the words: compare this map with what is already contained in the note from the Entente to Wilson. It is what was then regarded (and intended for implementation) as the ideal way of dividing up Europe (Jan. 14, 1917, GA 174).

So not a definitive way, just the preferred way, which means that they may not have hit all of their goals or perhaps some of their goals changed over time.

More on the mentioned note to Wilson:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ed430dafd85c.jpg[/atsimg]

Source: query.nytimes.com...
Another source.

Steiner also gives an economic reason for the war to take place:

export [from Jan. to June 1914] was to the value of 1,045,000,000 Pounds, while that of Britain was 1,075,000,000 Pounds … If the world war had not taken place … German export might have been greater than the British. This was not to be allowed! (Dec. 4, 1916, GA 173).

As someone else mentioned, yes Steiner was an incredible intellect and certainly some of his predictions and observations could easily have been formed in his own mind. However, he does explicitly reference certain "brotherhoods" or "secret societies" and it becomes obvious that he is also receiving information from them.

I think it's a bit of both.

Still searching...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Nice thread OP. S&F

To me there is no doubt that the world has been pushed in certain directions by wealthy occultists, and it also seems that these occult groups thrive mainly off kabala at their core and have a predominantly jewish influence, including freemasonry.

I havent read much on Steiner for a few years, I do remember trying to find out more information about the supposed glasses that he mentioned(cant remember what in) that allow the wearer to see into the spiritual realm.

Also on a side note, I'm not a christian, but still think this leader they want in power is indeed the anti-christ, whom most jews and occultists will fall for(along with many others).

Anyway, just my 2 cents
edit on 17-8-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
something realy new beside those dulce papers. thank u OP. lucky me, german is like my 2nd language. maybe can do something about it.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by coyote66

That would be great.

If you could have a look at some of the sources I posted, especially Karl Heise's book, then that would be great. Even a quick scan of the contents page might reveal something interesting.

Cheers.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Firstly, thank you LiveForever8 for a very interesting read, and the potential for much productive time lost on the continued research that will stem from it!

As many have noted here, I starred, flagged and subscribed to your thread yesterday, but needed some time to go through it before posting, though admittedly, much more reading lies ahead.

The angle of interest which particularly struck me are how the descriptions can be applied to today's global situation, and the fact that many are predicting this as the precursor to a third "great war".

You can hear the cry from the lower strata of society: World-revolution! This idea of world-revolution can only be shrouded in a fog through the unleashing of this Second World War catastrophe. There cannot be any other way.

We are hearing the cries for "world-revolution" from the "lower strata" form North Africa, the Middle East, to Greece, Spain, Ireland, and now inner-city London (via many other locations as well). Is the current power structure also considering a world conflict in order to "shroud this idea in a fog"?

I find it very interesting to note that Germany is once again in the middle of things. They are in the midst of creating a German/Russian free trade zone, and the way the economic and currency situations have been playing out, are on the verge of emerging (or re-emerging) as the economic powerhouse of the world.

Throughout history, real wars tend to follow currency and trade wars, and it is noteworthy that half (+/-) of Germany's gold is being held at the New York Federal Reserve Bank... the retrieval of which would have dire consequences on the U.S. dollar. However, the refusal to hand it over (which has been seen before in history) would definitely lead to heightened tensions between these countries.

The Anglo-American brotherhoods that seek dominion over mankind ... are deliberately sponsoring various kind of materialism in the hope of halting and trapping humanity at the present stage of its development. They don’t want humans to progress beyond the present stage of immersion in the material world... because they know that their grip over humanity would then be lost. Human progress is dependent on spiritual knowledge, and thus the occult brotherhoods work against it.

If nothing else, (that is, whatever one may think of secret societies and their potential influence on world events) I don't think that anyone can deny the fabulous success of this particular "undertaking"! (says me sitting at my desk in front of my computer!?!)

Once again, thanks for the neuronal stimulation... I've got more reading to do.

Cheers,

the Billmeister

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

I think your observations are absolutely spot on

It's very true how, "the more things change, the more they stay the same."

I urge you to keep looking, there is absolutely LOADS that this man came out with that, considering the time-frame, is just unbelievable! He was obviously a very astute and well connected man.

More to come...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Good thread S+F for you.
Have nothing to add, only that I agree with you...

There is a master plan, and while it might change a little over time, the end goal is the same...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Another name for me to research, awesome work OP

As for contribution I just have a quote:

There exists in the world today, and has existed for thousands of years, a body of enlightened humans united in what might be termed Order of the Quest. It is composed of those whose intellectual and spiritual perception have revealed to them that civilization has a secret destiny--secret, I say, because this high purpose is not realized by the many; the great masses of people still live along withou any knowledge whatsoever that they are part of a Universal Motion.

By one of the greatest Masons of all time, Manley P. Hall from his book: The Secret Destiny of America

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspirus
By one of the greatest Masons of all time, Manley P. Hall from his book: The Secret Destiny of America

it should be noted however that Hall wrote that about thirty years prior to becoming a Mason.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Very interesting read. We do know that the Knights Templar were of a few groups who really started things in motion towards a one world, small group of controllers type world, and who knows really how far back this all dates. We need to keep investigating, look forward to more reading and delving with you OP!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join