It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Rick Perry Really a Front Runner?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The Media is not covering the people I want in the race, they are covering the extreme-- Obama and Bachmann and Rick Perry. I find it hard to believe that Rick Perry's approval has jumped from 0 to 29% in only a few hours.

Now the news is saying Ron Paul is only at 9% when he got second place in the straw poll??? WTF!!!! Is FOX NEWS editing these polls to Nominate Perry???.

BTW-- I like John Huntsman, Herman Cain, and Ron Paul.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Based on those who have officially thrown their hats in, and others who already inhabit the hallowed halls of the White House, I'm relatively certain that if I threw a rather large bag of garbage on a stage or in a souped up Greyhound and propped a sign up against it that said I'm running for president, it'd probably be a 'front runner' by the time dinner hits the table.

Kinda like the fat kid joining the relay team . . . sure everyone's got a chance at winning the race but realistically . . . c'mon.

edit on 16-8-2011 by GoalPoster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
Now the news is saying Ron Paul is only at 9% when he got second place in the straw poll??? WTF!!!! Is FOX NEWS editing these polls to Nominate Perry???.

3 million people in Iowa, the straw poll accounted for maybe 17,000 of them. I'd be more alarmed if the media were giving more weight than they are to an Iowan straw poll. I think the data may be more reflecting how truly irrelevant an Iowa straw poll is, than indicative of an anti-Paul agenda.

I'm not suggesting the media may not be running their own agenda to not recognize Paul, but I don't think this is an example of it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Yes but can a few interviews and an announcement for President really put you in first place in a few hours??? I just think FOX LOVES PERRY and HATES RON PAUL.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
deja vu all over again.
The one major difference, is that Paul has 4 years of Economy related interviews under his belt.
He IS a more familiar name, outside of Texas.

Last round McCain got pushed to the front of the line. If you recall, McCain's campaign was on life support for a while, then BOOM!, he's suddenly the frontrunner. I believe McCain was the sacrificial lamb, because the Obama train had gathered up steam and was running full speed.

Obama had become the guy that would get us out of the wars. And here we are. The wars are over...wait, what? no we're even more entrenched.
Perry will be handled somewhat like McCain. This may change depending on the dynamics of the Democrats, once campaign season gets into full swing. The Palin wildcard is out there too.

I'm assuming Obama will run again, but "someone" may have a talk with him.

Ever have goldfish? After a while, they swim to the side of the tank where your hand is. Move your hand, they swim to that side. It's unfortunate that the average American Voter is like a Goldfish, waiting for those tasty flakes.

Paul is a contender, however, he will be treated like a UFO sighting again. MSM will report on him, just watch the body language as they do it. Smirks, shaking of heads as they read copy.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
WHY IS IT ALWAYS A FLAKE IN THE LEAD????

All I ask is for an honest person to win, I know it will never happen, but RON PAUL gets my vote this time around!!!

GO RON PAUL!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Ron Paul is only running at about 9% in the National Polls. Behind Sarah Palin even and she's not even in the race.

The Straw Poll historically has meant nothing in terms of predicting who will get the nomination so by itself it's rather useless.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by jjf3rd77

Feh.

The poll questions can be found here .

No surprise, first name mentioned gets most, second name comes in second, third name gets third. The norm in a poll done by phone.

I guarantee had the names been shuffled, the results would be different.

It has nothing to do with Fox, or who they like or don't like. In my opinion.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 8/16/2011 by yeahright because: Link

new topics

top topics

join