It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporter implicates senior Murdoch executives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Reporter implicates senior Murdoch executives

news.yahoo.com

LONDON (Reuters) - Phone hacking was widely discussed at Rupert Murdoch's News of the World, according to a reporter who was blamed as the sole culprit, contradicting repeated denials by senior executives and dragging Britain's prime minister back into the scandal.

In a letter written four years ago in an appeal against his dismissal from the tabloid, former royal reporter Clive Goodman said the practice of hacking was openly discussed until the then editor Andy Coulson banned open talk about it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It seems that the net is closing in on Murdoch and it's interesting to see what the fallout from this may be in regards to other top men who wield so much power.

It appears that nobody is above getting entangled in criminal activity which is a good thing. Kinda goes against the theory that if your rich you can't get in trouble.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 16-8-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I thought we had seen the last of this story, but it seems they just are not going to let it die. Cameron is implicated in it, Our government does far worse things than this everyday with echelon, but does anything change with that? no, Government just denies it even though it has been confirmed that we are in it by other sources that are also in it.With luck it may topple the government here eventually.

I do not agree with what murdochs papers did, but it seems a bit of a double standard hauling them before commitees when our government are doing things far worse along the same lines and far more illegal, hence why they wont admit to it!

Typical political bravado and BS as usual, it's about time they all got kicked into touch, they are all self serving hypocrites.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by brommas

The difference between News Corp and politicians is Murdoch got caught.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I thought I would add what I think is an interesting commentary /observation when putting the picture together.
edit on 16-8-2011 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

top topics

join