It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 weeks of boot camp = ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
My job consists of me handling finances for people who receive checks from Social Security such as SSI, SSDI, or just SS. The majority of my clients are either mentally ill or mentally retarded and can not responsibly handle there finances on there own. I have a client who enlisted in the army in 1988 and made it 4 weeks through boot camp, then had to drop out because of his mental instability. There's documentation showing that he was "sick" since he was a child but the army is insisting that they made him "sick." For there mistake now they are awarding him $190,000... yes that is no typo.

He never served our country once and the military for some reason won't look at the documents that we have from physician's telling of his mental illness from the age of 10. Here our county is trying to reduce the pay of our soldiers that have served for years yet 4 weeks can get you that amount of money???
edit on 16-8-2011 by blair56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
$190,00?

That's... impossible.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

I wish it was sir. It's back pay for non payments since 1988. He was supposed to be receiving about $700 a month since then, so for every month they didn't pay him they're giving him that lump sum and then will continue to give $700 a month and that's in addition to the SS he's receiving.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by blair56
I have a client who enlisted in the army in 1988 and made it 4 weeks through boot camp, then had to drop out because of his mental instability. There's documentation showing that he was "sick" since he was a child but the army is insisting that they made him "sick." For there mistake now they are awarding him $190,00... yes that is no typo.

He never served our country once and the military for some reason won't look at the documents that we have from physician's telling of his mental illness from the age of 10. Here our county is trying to reduce the pay of our soldiers that have served for years yet 4 weeks can get you that amount of money???

This infuriates me. My husband served in the US Army 22 years, saw combat on several occasions, and when he retired he was given $10k lump sum and 80% retirement for the remainder of his life for his BRAIN injury that was directly correlated to his time in service. I cannot wrap my head around how this can be real.

4 wks= 190k
1144 wks= 10k

Hmmm no wonder our budget in the US doesnt balance. The PTB obviously cannot do math.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by blair56

Hm that is truly bizarre tbh....so was it $19,000 or $190,000 ? soz just being pernickity lol

maybe they gave him that so him and/or his family and/or friends couldnt make a big deal out of it.....
you know like a umm, hang on i forget the phrase now, but maybe he got given the money so he (or whoever was representing him) wouldnt ruffle any feathers...if you get my drift....

hope that makes sense !

fluffx

link   
reply to post by blair56

This makes an old girl like me want to enlist for a week or two, scream I 'm crazy (wont be hard to prove I belong to ATS..
:lol
then get out and collect...

However my sense of values wouldnt allow me to do that.

US Army is the new gravy train???

Sheesh...

link   
Who is "They" when you say "they are awarding him $190,00..."

I thought the Veterans Administration would have handled this type of payout not "SSI, SSDI, or SS"

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

My job consists of me handling finances for people who receive checks from Social Security such as SSI, SSDI, or just SS. The majority of my clients are either mentally ill or mentally retarded and can not responsibly handle there finances on there own. I have a client who enlisted in the army in 1988 and made it 4 weeks through boot camp, then had to drop out because of his mental instability. There's documentation showing that he was "sick" since he was a child but the army is insisting that they made him "sick." For there mistake now they are awarding him $190,000... yes that is no typo.

If they're claiming responsibility there is a reason for it, and they know exactly why they are doing such.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

I'm sorry i should have specified, your are right it is the VA that is awarding this money to him

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmVeeFF

If they're claiming responsibility there is a reason for it, and they know exactly why they are doing such.

Right on the money with your anwser, I think it is very possible that the OP doesnt not know the truth of the reason he is being awarded this money.

I believe the the OP knows the story that the Vet told him/her, but that doesn't make it the true story. The vet maybe hiding/holding back information, who knows why. But in my 12 years of military experience the VA does not hand out money before it does very through research.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by EmVeeFF

Right on the money with your anwser, I think it is very possible that the OP doesnt not know the truth of the reason he is being awarded this money.

I believe the the OP knows the story that the Vet told him/her, but that doesn't make it the true story. The vet maybe hiding/holding back information, who knows why. But in my 12 years of military experience the VA does not hand out money before it does very through research.

I mean no disrespect at all, but this man is not a vet in any way. Also I can tell you for fact he's holding no information back. If you knew personally you would know what I meant. As far as the VA just handing out money... again we have proof they didnt do what they're saying they did. It was already there when he entered boot camp, but they would not listen.

new topics

top topics

join