It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's amnesty with an asterisk

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
According to this Ron Paul has become more pro-amnesty than against illegal immigration but you read and decide for yourself. This article is from fellow Congressman Tom Tancredo and takes quotes from Ron Pauls book.

I served with Ron Paul in Congress for 10 years. He was a member of my Immigration Reform Caucus, and I consider him a friend. We didn't see eye to eye on every issue, but he was generally an ally in the fight against illegal immigration. Unfortunately, it appears that Paul's views on immigration have now shifted into the pro-amnesty camp.

The result is not pretty. Paul's book misrepresents the views of immigration-control advocates and then insults their motivations. He insinuates that patriotic Americans who oppose mass immigration are lazy and motivated by race. He says that immigrants "have a work ethic superior to many of our own citizens who have grown dependent on welfare and unemployment benefits. This anger may reflect embarrassment as much as anything." He also claims, "It's hard to hide the fact that resentment toward a Hispanic immigrant is more common than toward a European illegal immigrant."

There is alot in this article from someone who knows Paul personally but this one statement by Paul is really disturbing.

Paul comes out against both these policies. He not only opposes the E-Verify program, he even comes out against all laws that prohibit employers from hiring illegal aliens. To make his point even more dramatic, he absurdly calls the idea of fining employers for hiring illegal aliens "involuntary servitude."

Anyways have a look and see what you think.

www.wnd.com...

edit on 16-8-2011 by kro32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

WorldNetDaily.........seriously? Do you also believe anything from Sorcha Faal?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
ATS used to have a filter agaist using anything from world net daily. It would immediately edit the link to avoid bad info from being injected onto the boards here,

I would like to see some other sources that verify wnd's claims here before we go any further.

With that being said, if it is bunk to make RP look bad, its not doing a very good job...

edit on 16-8-2011 by youdidntseeme because: spelling as usual

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I have read Ron Pauls book, I have it right next to me on the coffee table right now in fact. I can tell you that this is a mis-representation of his actual views.

If you read the entire 10 page chapter instead of a couple sentences the truth of his position is much different than what is represented in this thread.

Tom Tancredo, is simply using an old political trick used so often people actually believe it. He is citing words out of context to give them different meaning. For shame. People can hate Ron Paul or anyone else if they want to, it should just be for valid truthful reasons. This is a disgrace and a propaganda technique.

ETA: I have to ask you kro32... do you even believe this crap? Seriously?

edit on 16-8-2011 by sageofmonticello because: of of

edit on 16-8-2011 by sageofmonticello because: eta

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Even if Ron Paul did say such things, what was more important to him? Kicking Aliens out or cutting down on Governmental Control? He's primarily anti-big government, so when Big Governemnt disguises itself as something else he holds dear, he's going to wind up having to make a choice. There are plenty of ways to get rid of the Aliens without increasing Government Control.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I keep the impression the OP may be grasping at loose straws...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Besides being a complete misrepresentation of Paul's views, go a. get rid of the immigrants. White folks are gonna have to flip burgers and landscape their own goddamn golf courses. Oh yeah, thats right, people would rather not work than take work thats "below" them.

Also, go a. and get rid of illegals. Paying for legal labor will price your food out of this world. No literally, theres not enough money on the planet to pay for food if we pay pickers 8 bucks an hour.

Sorry, but all empires are built on cheap, immigrant labor. America is no different. Lost the cheap labor, lose America.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Who cares?

There is no such thing as an ``illegal`` immigrant.

Paul comes out against both these policies. He not only opposes the E-Verify program, he even comes out against all laws that prohibit employers from hiring illegal aliens. To make his point even more dramatic, he absurdly calls the idea of fining employers for hiring illegal aliens "involuntary servitude."

It isn't an employers job to make sure his employees are here legally. If the govt actually did its job none of this stuff would be a problem.

He says that immigrants "have a work ethic superior to many of our own citizens who have grown dependent on welfare and unemployment benefits.

This is true. Here in D.C everyone always complains that there are no jobs around here. Instead of looking for work in VA or MD or creating their own job, they'd rather wait in line at the welfare office or steal.
edit on 16-8-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

There is nothing wrong with amnesty, as long as it comes as part of a larger and permanent solution.

How to Fix Immigration

That is my plan on plan on how to fix immigration, and a temporary "amnesty period" is part of that plan. We don't want to deport millions of people, but we need to get them documented and accounted for, and paying appropriate taxes. So, we set up a time period where they can come in and get legal without any repercussions. During that same time period, we set up satellite immigration offices across the border, and we militarize the border and make it impossible to sneak across. We make it easy to immigrate legally, and we make it next to impossible to immigrate illegally, and we document the folks that are already here.

It isn't a complicated plan, and it is very similar to Ron Paul's plan. I think he stole my idea!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Dad works as a top welder for his company-- top pay--and I mean that they can't afford to tee him off too much by making him follow stupid company policies because he tells them up front that they can't make him. (Like making it against the rules to have a phone on you. When you're working in a hot coffin alone and you get stuck you have to have the ability to call for help. Just because 1 guy keeps getting caught on his phone during work hours.) His company employes priamrily illegal aliens who have no real interest in immigrating. They come in for the jobs, buy stuff to ship home to their wives and kids. They are paid an equal pay to any American Citzen in their yard, and many of them are too lazy to trust to do the work they are hired for...but they're still there.

Why? Because no American Citizen who thinks more about his rights and easy money is willing to burn themselves daily for a living. There is no way to prevent burns on a shipyard scale, or flashes, or 120 plus degree heat down in the bowls of a new or refitted ship. It's also a young man's job, and never something that you should start doing in the summer months. My husband's job is less strenuous, and he comes home wrung out during the summer.

So, no, raising pay for an immigrant or illegal alien to what everyone else gets paid will not do a dang thing because people would rather sit on their butts all day.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Congressman Paul explained his position on these issues in the Ames Straw Poll Debates. I suggest you watch.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I didn't know this source was not credible and had a history of misrepresentation. I will make sure not to use them again.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
If you read through the OP's posts you will find that pretty much all his posts are anti Ron Paul.

I wonder why that is?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
On a side note: I haven't noticed anywhere that good or bad sites are listed for finding credible information.

I for one would find it useful to have a list of sources that ATS feels is credible or not credible or suspect in it's reporting to ensure that future posts are based on as accurate information as possible.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
If you read through the OP's posts you will find that pretty much all his posts are anti Ron Paul.

I wonder why that is?

If you read through all the Ron Paul posts on ATS you will that pretty much all of them are in support of Ron Paul I wonder why that is.

God forbid someone should have the audacity to present the other side of the argument.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is the 3rd thread kro32 has authored trying to bring down Ron Paul and everytime, it is shown that his accusations are poorly researched. One would think that he would eventually get the point and either stop bashing Ron Paul or better research his views before spouting half-truths and mis-respresentations of his views.

For the record :

Ron Paul voted to not protect children from harm
Ron Paul further alienates himself by siding with Michael Savage

Now, how about you tell us why it is that you want to bring him down so much?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wowbagger

How is this thread bashing Ron Paul. It's simply bringing attention to some statements made by a former colleague of his. Doesn't require more research than the content shown.

And for the record why do you have a problem with people looking for negative things a possible President has done or said?

I find it funny you call me out yet let every Ron Paul thread that is based on nothing but praise for the man slide as being ok. I don't see you criticizing those people.

Obvious who you support I guess.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Who cares who I support, I'm not even american.

What annoys me is that you apparently can't accept that there is a lot of support for Ron Paul and you keep producing threads based on misrepresented views of his. It annoys me that you use any biased information source to support your threads. Find an Anti Ron Paul semi factual article on the net, make a Ron Paul thread immediately without further research. If the article shows that Ron Paul is a monster then it must be true! To me it's obvious that you do not like the man and are trying to shift the members of these boards views on him in order to reduce his support base come election day.

Of course, there are members that blindly support him without backing their claims. However, in each of your threads on the subject, it is also quickly demonstrated factually that you have misrepresented his views in order to paint him in a bad light.

Now, about you tell us why you do this?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wowbagger

I haven't misrepresented anything and have defended successfully every post I've authored. If I was wrong on something I would be the first to admit it since I have no shame. I haven't had to admit anything yet so you are incorrect. Just because you may not agree with it does not mean I was wrong.

I am the only one on this site I know of that is looking at Ron Paul without blinders on and looking into possible negatives of him being President. This site is becoming overwhelmed with blind support for Paul and the hysteria for this man is reaching epic proportions.

I will fight the lonely fight for truth while the others bury their . in the sand and in the end I will probably vote for Ron Paul myself however I will do it knowing the complete picture of what he is and not out of blind devotion for an idea.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wowbagger
Now, how about you tell us why it is that you want to bring him down so much?

Ever heard of a 'paid shill'?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join