It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart rips the traditional media for ignoring Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Indecision 2012 - Corn Polled Edition - Ron Paul & the Top Tier

When Stewart is on, he really can rip the media like no one else. This is perhaps the single best rip job anyone has given the traditional media for its lack of coverage concerning Ron Paul.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FSBlueApocalypse

I love Stewart and Colbert. I get a kick out of the people who whine and complain about journalistic integrity and partisan ship and such. It's a fake news show on comedy central people, the fact that you are better off getting your news from them than the MsM should be alarming. I know Stewart has said as much himself.

I think this blacklisting of Paul is going to backfire completely. Too many people are awake and aware, and unplugged from the propaganda network.

Hell, when I was a kid my parents told me time and time again, don't you go near that old house by the graveyard, you stay away from there.

And where do you think I ended up as soon as the front door closed?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FSBlueApocalypse
Indecision 2012 - Corn Polled Edition - Ron Paul & the Top Tier

When Stewart is on, he really can rip the media like no one else. This is perhaps the single best rip job anyone has given the traditional media for its lack of coverage concerning Ron Paul.

Great but isn't he and also Dylan Rattigan who gave that great monologue or speech recently both part of the MSM? What I am saying is there are some good reporters there who try to get at the truth. And it is quite possible the truth is so well concealed and protected we can only get small bits and pieces here and there that we can never fully connect. ...but some try.

And then there are those who are lying on a daily basis (I remember when this was criminal in a news agency and they would be sidelined as a rag) to perpetuate some dastardly agenda they don't even know the full scope of themselves - all they know is this message is bought and paid for ...like the Post Office has to keep sending you junk mail. Already purchased, they have to deliver it.

You can't bash the whole main stream media and lump all the stations together.
The NWO is one of those operations...they are in no hurry.
They are not on a schedule and they are willing to take over small bits at a time.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
more and more people in the alternative media need to start pumping up Ron Paul, once teh kids find out that he isnt liked by the main stream he will blow up on social media, that is the network for change now. not the CNN and MSNBC's. Make Ron Paul the anti-govt candidate and i think he takes off, just hope its before the elections.

FYI they were just talking about ron paul on CNN, i didnt hear the context but they did a 2 minute segment on him and thats more than ive seen in the last 2 weeks

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
god I love jon stewart.

I nominate him, for president

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Totally agree.
Paul is also the most stable candidate on all his issues. The others change their key to fit the audience, which might win them some early support but they will never stand a chance in a race with Obama. Paul is probably the Republicans only hope to win the election, and yet they continue to ignore him. Why?
Is he just too far disconnected from the REAL powers running this country? Ending wars would be great for the economy, but isn't a good business move for the military-industrial complex.

What's the use of putting a candidate in office if you can't secretly control him? I mean come on, who do they think runs this country? The people???

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Stewart has never really considered himself part of the MSM. It is an indictment against the MSM that Stewart ends up becoming a news source for so many.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
This should go viral. Every American (and everyone else for that matter) should see this. Whether or not you approve of Ron Paul this should highlight the media's influence on important political issues. Too many people are still believing what they hear on MSM.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Lets see if this works:

****Edit

Nope, sure didnt

edit on 16-8-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This is EXACTLY what is going on, and even tho John Stewart is a comedian, this is no laughing matter. Good for him to get it out there because the media is looking dumber and dumber. Their attempts at politically assassinating Ron Paul is looking clearer to even the blind who refused to see it earlier.

I say flag this and get this message out!

edit on 16-8-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Nothing new, they have been doing this for years. After seeing this so many times one has to wonder how scared TPTB are of this man and his ideas, seeing as they will go to any lengths to make him look the fool.

The American MSM is so screwed up it takes a comedy show to point out how RP is getting shafted.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Yes indeed it was spectacular. But no less so than the rip job he did on Rick Perry.

Do any here remember Stewart's 9/11 speech?
With all the crowing and drum beating going on that week, here was the one guy who pulled it back together for me.
It's not over the top like his rip of Perry or oh so truthfully funny as his rip of MSM, rather it here is a view of the man behind the fun, struggling with our national sorrow.

Give this time, it's ten minutes long.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Just wanted to say thanks for all of the stars and flags. Pass this link to everyone.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
There has already been a MSM response to the Jon Stewart clip and here it is from New York Magazine.

NYmag responds to Jon Stewart.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

John stewart and his little friend stephen colbert are liberal sock puppets. stopped watching liberal central decades ago due to those two idiots.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

your sig says war is wrong and your avatar is a guy with a rifle.

odd.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I'm sorry but I'm afraid Ron Paul is toast.
You can blame that on his very own comment where he said that he is for a "nuclear Iran".

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Funny how they rip Paul by saying the same old same old.

But as for the "top tier" of candidates, Paul just doesn't belong there. That "top tier" is a political calculation of who has the best shot at winning the GOP nomination. Paul has a very loyal, very passionate fan base, which is why he dominates so many straw polls. But he doesn't have the breadth of support that's needed to capture the nomination, and since many of his views fall outside of the party's mainstream, he never will.

He never will because rags like that marginalize him so much and somehow people actually fall for it. Can't have a original thought anymore. I'll just let the MSM make up my mind for me and all is well.

Then again, people in this country are actually trying to get Michelle Bachmann elected which is clearly insane behavior and shows how really stupid we, as a country, are. I wouldn't let that broad lead me through a funhouse and people think she can run this country?

Between her and Palin I'm ready to bug out to a desert island and eat only bananas for the rest of my life. Be better than being surrounded by fools like I am now.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

It was long time coming, he is honestly one person in the whole US government that actually believes in what he says, rather than says what people believe just to get votes, then PIMP slap them and say, I'm the commander and chief, you shut up and wait for the next election if you don't like what I'm doing, you know, even though I was just lying to you when I said change, and this and that, live with it, I'm dictating US now, you move an inch, I will shut down phone services and arrest your whole family.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
You can really tell that there's a conspiracy against Ron Paul cause you notice all of the MSM use the same talking points.

"Top tier candidates like Michelle Bachmann, Mitt Romney and Rick Perry" (all while leaving out Ron Paul)

All 3 networks(FOX,MSNBC,CNN) use that same line. That's evidence of network cohesion to undermine Ron Paul. Typical media lynching and it's so blatantly obvious.
edit on 16-8-2011 by Noidentity because: added stuff

top topics

<<   2 >>

join