It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Humans and Dinosaurs Coexist? Yes!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
We have found "living fossils" remnant populations of prehistoric creatures living here in the modern world. Crocodiles, Turtles and Sharks come to mind also the discovery of living Coelacanth in 1938

It is harder to argue remnant populations of Dinosaurs surviving in Montana and elsewhere to tens of thousands years ago, but even granted that assumption, how does that disprove evolution?

What I am saying is We know that many species have both died out and survived from prehistory, how does the fact the we could be mistaken on the dates of extinction for some argue in favor creationism.

The dates given for prehistory have always been estimates stated as possibilities arrived at by the best information available. New discoveries, techniques and improved basic understanding will continue to refine and occasionally rewrite some of these dates because we have so much left to learn. One thing that can not be logically ignored is that both life and planet Earth have a very long and rich prehistory.

or that's how I feel about it anyway

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

How could an entire scientific community supress this information without someone making a fuss? I find that hard to pull off!

On a side note: I do not believe their is one bit of evidence to actually prove evolution in any way. There is proof of de-evolution in vestigal organs, but evolution itself has little face to stand on......that's why it's only a theory and not fact.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Evolutionary science has ingrained itself into modern life. Do you honestly think they would want information that disproves what they have built their lives around to be common knowledge? These kinds of results are buried and dismissed without every really discussing them.
Do you believe that scientists are out there to trick everyone? They are always correcting things when data reveals new information. If the data was strong enough, I'm sure they would consider it in their studies. Their minds are open, not closed due to what some ancient writing tells them to believe.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It amazes me how some peeps are of stuff that really we have a very limited understanding of. keep an open mind peeps..

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
Honestly, if they existed while man was alive, they were probably hunted into extinction becuase of the obvious threat they would post to man's safety.

Quite honestly where do you think the myths and legends of dragons came from? Along with the myth there's some bit of truth down in there. Most likely there were people who actually did fight fantastic beasts who were large and terrible enough to destroy villages on their own. Nearly every depiction of a dragon includes the long neck and tail which are markers for nothing that's alive today. I don't think people made heroes out of knights that fought iguana lizards. In keeping with the theme of "denying ignorance" I think it would be great to discuss this topic.

This became a much more real after visiting Dinosaur Valley State Park in Glen Rose, TX Being able to actually touch a dinosaur footprint was quite an interesting experience.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Do you really believe that?

Then why do they hold certain bones from being tested? Why do they dismiss real evidence as lunacy without ever really discussing the issue? I don't believe they are open-minded at all.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

On a side note: I do not believe their is one bit of evidence to actually prove evolution in any way. There is proof of de-evolution in vestigal organs, but evolution itself has little face to stand on......that's why it's only a theory and not fact.
Evolution is witnessed in the lab all the time. It is a fact.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Do you really believe that?

Then why do they hold certain bones from being tested? Why do they dismiss real evidence as lunacy without ever really discussing the issue? I don't believe they are open-minded at all.
What bones are being held from being tested? Let's research that and find out the reason why, not speculate.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dbates

The descriptions of creatures by civilizations all over the world could not be a coincidence could it? There are reports from all kinds of people of giant lizards and flying serpents. These are common across all corners of the world.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Specifically the T-rex bone from Hells Creek has been withheld every since it's discovery. It has never been allowed to be tested for Carbon 14. In my opinion it's because the results are obvious...it would show yet another bone to be very recent.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Why is it so far fetched to believe that

A) Dinosaurs existed on Earth for an extended period of time after the supposed “Great Extinction”? Is it logical to think that every single dinosaur on Earth was killed simultaneously by one event yet by our own thinking we could survive in caves and subterranean bunkers if it happened again? I think a great many pockets of dinosaurs could have not only survived, but thrived in a “post extinction” world, especially in areas least effected.

B) Some form of “modern Human” existed much earlier in our history than what we’ve been taught? As we are becoming more and more aware of our ancestors and our origins we begin to see that our story is much older than we first thought. Many ancient stories and prophecies talk about numerous destructions of Earth and it’s people. Ever changing coast lines and natural disasters can literally erase whole civilization from the planet.

C) Current scientific knowledge and methods are wrong? This has been proven time and time again, only with this topic so much of our foundational beliefs stand to be toppled that many will go to great lengths to ensure the truths are never revealed.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

reply to post by dbates

The descriptions of creatures by civilizations all over the world could not be a coincidence could it? There are reports from all kinds of people of giant lizards and flying serpents. These are common across all corners of the world.
I wonder if people thousands of years from now will find that we have artwork, movies, museums about dinosaurs and get the idea that we lived with them.

link   
reply to post by Stovokor

yes it is! who are u to make such a remark on an article older that your "new thinking" text books

link   
reply to post by nyk537

Quite frankly I think all it proves (if indeed the OP is true) is that more dinosaurs than previously thought survived the K-T Event.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Specifically the T-rex bone from Hells Creek has been withheld every since it's discovery. It has never been allowed to be tested for Carbon 14. In my opinion it's because the results are obvious...it would show yet another bone to be very recent.
Can you provide me a link?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The evidence of if dinosaurs roamed at the same time as humans is one that has really never been proven, though their descendents still roam today, and has been shown to be around even now. The chicken is a living realative of the T-Rex, though the question would bear, if they did co-exist, why has there been no human remains found by the KT boundary? After all that is the gelogocial point where they have found dinosaur remains on one side, and human remains on the other side. If by chance that they did find human remains or dinosaur remains on the opposite side, it would give weight to the argument that both existed at the same time in the same place.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I'm sure they will.

The only difference is that when ancient people were drawing and telling stories of dinosaurs...they supposedly hadn't been discovered yet.

We have knowledge of dinosaurs now that they supposedly didn't. Unless of course they actually saw them.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Wait a minute - so are our dating methods flawed or not? In one breath you say we have it all wrong and in the next you claim that only C14 dating will answer the question.

So which is it?
edit on 16/8/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

What I find problematic is that you assume that anyone who believes that dinosaurs and humans coexisted must be a creationist who thinks the Earth is only 6000 years old. That's not necessarily the case.

The OP has presented evidence using the same scientific methods you claim to cherish so much. There is evidence that humans knew way too much about dinosaurs than they should have long before any fossils were ever discovered.

There is evidence that humans and dinosaurs existed at the same time. You don't have to be a religious creationist to believe this.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

The only difference is that when ancient people were drawing and telling stories of dinosaurs...they supposedly hadn't been discovered yet.
So you don't think they came across any dino fossils?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join