It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Humans and Dinosaurs Coexist? Yes!

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott

Originally posted by Hydroman
I suppose dinosaurs were on the ark?

Well, we know that many dinosaurs came from eggs.
I suppose you could put a lot of eggs on the Ark.
Don't you?

You can believe in science, and in the Bible. I don't see a conflict. God can make anything aged.
I suppose you didn't read my next reply? My point wasn't that they were on the ark, my point was this: Why would an all-knowing god put these dinosaurs on the ark, egg or fully grown, only for EVERY SINGLE ONE of them to go extinct a few years later?

Oh, and I guess Noah had a technique for figuring out which egg was going to be a male, and which egg was going to be female?
edit on 17-8-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by yaluk

You are dismissing evolution because you don't understand it, and you don't understand because you clearly haven't done any research. That's what doesn't make sense. Most of the questions you asked have very simple answers.

As far as the origin of life from non-life, that's not covered by evolution because that is a different field - abiogenesis. Evolution is actually compatible with a belief in God as it only explains the diversity of life on Earth.

As to your question on intelligence, it's all a matter of degree. Some animals are smarter than others, one species has to be the most intelligent, and probably due to our lack of strength we've relied on intelligence to survive, and have occupied that niche.

Why do apes still exist if we evolved from ape-like ancestors? If a species is fit enough, it'll survive. If the species we evolved from is fit enough to survive, they will survive alongside us. Nothing in evolution states that a species that evolved from another species will necessarily wipe it out and take its place, it's possible to coexist.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

LOOOOOOOOOONG time means what? 3-4k years? 500k? You seem to know how much time it takes.. Please enlighten us

I believe its pretty possible that dinosaurs existed much later than we think because of the tests they made with recent rocks and the results were like crap! (its 50years and it tells us 270k to 3.5millions years old..) so all we think we know could be very wrong.

Don't count on our "trustable" scientific community to go and correct their mistakes.. its better for them to hide them and make us believe they are always right.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bigwig22

I also suggested, in another post, that I believe it is very possible that more dinosaurs than previously thought survived the Cretaceous-Tertiary and other extinction events.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Hydroman

Genesis 6:4

King James Version (KJV)

4There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
Not sure why you targeted me with that verse?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

God and the gods, became associated with the mechanism used to create the universe. The mechanism was an object or rather a set of objects. Therefore, the account of the creation of the universe is one of the earliest known examples of deification of an inanimate object because it was used by God and the gods, to create (among other things). God and this mechanism became synonmous. And that mechanism is:

Google Video Link

when you go back to the original languages used to write the opening text of Genesis, you find all the necessary key words to describe the terminology mentioned in the video i've linked.
hint: the water is not water, it's the abyss, and the abyss is the black hole. the chaotic water (abyss) dragon who created the universe known as tiamat, is the same thing. once you know the language, it gets pretty obvious.
edit on 17-8-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaplateausFlight
i can see you never read the best book ever written 4 it clearly states all animals were vegetarians before the flood , that would defiantly explain how we could live side by side i could go into detail but i do not feel like wasting my time when you have already closed ur mind
First, where does it clearly state that? Second, hmmmm....god has a strange sense of design. Wonder why he designed sharp, tearing teeth as found in sharks, piranha, t-rex, lions, tigers, bears, oh my, etc. etc. etc. if they were designed to eat only plants? I wonder why he gave spiders, wasps, snakes, etc. venom? To poison a plant before they ate it? That is really strange! Spiders can build webs to trap flying plants....and so on...
edit on 17-8-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scytherius
reply to post by nyk537

Sometimes, the utter lack of basic intellect makes me want to cry.

clearly the op has an intellect and a fine one, as he/she has the ability to ask questions and seek answers to those questions, write them out and provide evidence. comments such as yours are not useful nor are they accurate regarding the op's intellect. in addition to being rude to the op and lying about the op's intellect, you've violated the TOS of this site by not adding anything to the thread but an insult. i'm sure you can do better than that.

why do you think it's wrong? list out your reasons. if you can't be bothered, then you might want to rethink violating the TOS for the sole purpose of an one sentence insult.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fisherr
The idea of man and dinosaurs living together sounds crazy only if you've been brainwashed into thinking the earth is billions of years old. If the world is as young as the bible says it is (about six thousand years old), then man living with dinosaurs makes perfect sense.

I remember this site.. www.genesispark.com...

The Bible does not say that the world is 6,000 years old. Bishop Usher said the world is 6,000 years old. No where in the Bible did God quote Bishop Usher as an authority on anything, much less geologic chronology.

That doesn't mean that man didn't live with dinosaurs, it only means that this line of reasoning won't hold water.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stovokor
The two species that are separated by 65 million years of evolution.

I think some ATS'ers have lost their minds.

You can have your opinions and beliefs, but you can't have your own facts.

Now show me a fossilized stegosaurus with a saddle then I might start to believe In the looney.

Didn't you read the part when it says our radiometric dating methods may be very wrong??

To say someone has lost his mind is not really kind, especially when this person seems to have made a lot of research on a subject.

But you KNOW that the 65millions years of evolution is true, so why am I wasting my time?

Peace out

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by EartOccupant

Now show me a fossilized stegosaurus with a saddle then I might start to believe In the looney.

Looks like a llama to me.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MartyMcFlyJr

Originally posted by EartOccupant

Lol if it was indeed a dinosaur, that would be totally BAD @$$

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MartyMcFlyJr

Agreed. The much simpler and more obvious exaplanation is that back then, like today, people do ride llamas.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9673dfaaed6b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
A couple of things here it's not hard to imagine that people have always found dinosaur bones. And that the church would whenever possible suppress that information. Of course there would be people who knew that information inside of the church and if you've seen some of the full sets of bones found it's not hard to draw the creature with skin.

As for the beaver holes it makes sense that if there are holes in the ground creatures will use them like they do caves, that beavers would use million year old holes isn't startling.

As for us living with dinosaurs the history of our planet isn't yet completely retold so if someone does there work and comes up with evidence I will always listen.
edit on 17-8-2011 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Whoa whoa whao ....wait....where do the Aliens fit in????

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

You're really reaching now, my friend. The depictions in question were made before the first fossils were uncovered. Movies, etc. came after the bones were dug up and put together and put on display. Are you saying that prehistoric peoples from all over the world, and 15th century Europe had dug them up, decided what they looked like, and then forgot to pass the information along for the next 3 hundred years?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by works4dhs
First, plants discriminate ...
Second, the ratio of 14C/12C in the atmosphere has not been constant...
Measurement of 14C in historically dated objects...

Well hey, more double standards and hypocracy.
The ONLY reason that we know all of the various things that need to be taken into account when doing C14 measurements (and there are a few more you didnt list) is because REAL SCIENTISTS have discovered them.

Real proper scientists doing real proper science have discovered things that creationists then take to say that real scientists dont know what they're doing.

It'd be funny if it wasnt true.
Actually, I think its just pathetic.

"real scientists" like the ones that said the earth is flat. After they figured out that wasnt right then we were at the center of the universe and then.....

Im not a creationist, I dont need to live inside their 10,000 year time frame, so explain the soft tissue found inside the t rex bone. It should not be there, period, acording to the scientists "facts".

Im new posting to this site but not new to reading this site. Seems like alot of religous bashing going on here. Thats like one step below being a raceist.

What your "facts" are today could very well be a joke in the future.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

That's one WHOPPING big ark - unless you are saying it's like the Doctor Who T.A.R.D.I.S. - bigger on the inside than on the out. Certainly nothing like the dimensions as described in the Bible.

That is making the assumption that every animal was fully matured and fully grown. Why make that assumtpion?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

The first image looks more like a llama than any dinosaur I've heard of, and lots of people have pointed that out already.

The second one looks like a T-Rex attacking either another T-Rex or a human, but IDK that whole scratched into the rock thing just screams "Fake" to me. It could be legit, but I really think there's a more logical explanation than they witnessed dinosaurs. Maybe that's an animal that lived around there but they drew poorly, maybe it's something in their culture like a God or demon or some monster from a story, but I really, really doubt that it's a historical account of humans living with dinosaurs.

In that collage of sculptures, many of those actually look like dinosaurs. But again, I still think if those are legitimately artifacts from hundreds if not thousands of years ago, it wouldn't be describing them witnessing dinosaurs, there's a more practical, realistic explanation.
edit on 17-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join