Originally posted by nyk537
I'm going to post a couple of videos here that highlight some of the things I've talked about, and also go into greater detail on things I haven't.
The first is from a documentary called "Dragons or Dinosaurs" from a book of the same name written by Darek Issacs. I urge you to watch it before
commented on it please.
I'll try to be gentle, but it's very obvious that his degree is in Theology and that he has had almost no science education. To anyone who's worked
with dinosaurs (I have) he sounds like a poorly educated peasant farmer from India trying to explain the physics of the Large Hadron Collider. There
are too many misconceptions, misinterpretations, and outright misrepresntations to go into detail.
I can't recommend it, even as offering good counter-support to the science. It's sort of on par with "Answers in Genesis" (which most Creationists
now avoid citing.)
The second is only the first part of a documentary called Forbidden History: Dinosaurs and the Bible. I'm only going to put up the first part,
but again I urge you to watch the whole thing.
The first part was more than enough, thank you.
Here's some items that the films ignore:
* they assume the continents always had the shape they have today (ignoring the rock columns, which they dismiss completely and the "groups of the
same type of fossil" which are found in that rock layer.. on different continents.)
* they ignore the evidence of different fossils in different strata. For instance, while science CAN explain the presence of therapod footprints in
the Paluxy formation, the appearance of protohadrosaurs in the Woodbine formation (above them) and the shark teeth above them in the Eagle Ford shale
(here in Dallas) and the ammonites in the thick layer of Austin Chalk over that, Creationists can't explain why more primitive dinosaurs appear in
different layers and how the geology shown in this link was formed. (right
* geology and rocks are ALWAYS dismissed by Creationists, in spite of the fact that if you drive through the road cuts you can clearly see there are
layers of different rocks and you get scenarios that can only be explained by the land being above the water for a long period of time and then
submerged as shallow sea, then deep sea, then shallow sea, then river deltas... etc. Nor can they explain why beds are tilted or the sharp break
(seen behind the post office area on I 30 between Arlington and Dallas) which shows the beds dropping over 10 feet when a massive earthquake hit).
* I have a long rant about how anti-evolutionists don't bother to look at rocks -- but the summary is "they don't know that rocks form in big beds
that cover hundreds and thousands of miles and they don't want to learn anything about geology because once they try to explain the rocks, things get
uncomfortable and they retreat to the 'devil put them down to test our faith' position."
* the fossils found in Israel and so forth are fish and ammonites. www.travelnet.co.il...
human fossils (Neanderthals) aren't found in association with any dinosaur bones. There aren't any dinosaur bones in the area where the Bible was
written. Apatosaurus, for example, is found only in North America: www.enchantedlearning.com...
* consequently, none of the dinosaurs identified as "being in the Bible" were anywhere near that area.
* dinosaurs did not exist as single things strolling around the landscape, and landscape covered by herds of Apatosauruses (the most commonly cited
example) would be an ecological disaster that would be hard to miss.
* there weren't fifteen or twenty different kinds of dinosaurs -- there were over 300 very
* we have mummies and graves from Egypt and Babylon that are well dated (and up to 6,000 years old.) None of those animals/people/fibers/etc have
turned to rock (unlike the vertebra I'm working on. It's rock, not bone. You can come to the lab and confirm it for yourself.)
* none of the human remains appear in the same rocks as dinosaur remains.
* there are no "fresh" dinosaur skeletons or bones.
* no dinosaur remains preserved in ice along with mammoths (and I know this one because the lab has now finished with Alamosaurus, and I'm going to be
working on the material from Alaska.
* no modern plants are found with dinosaur fossils. (I did find plant material with some of the vertebra I was working on, but it wasn't anything we
have around today.)
* there is no UN-fossilized dinosaur poop. We've got scat from Ice Age and prehistoric creatures which isn't fossilized (paleofeces). Titanosaurs
(brontosaurus, etc) and the other large dinosaurs left a lot of it around -- so much that even some of that got fossilized (coprolites).
There's so much more that they misrepresent and ignore. I'm not going to go into a multipage discourse -- that's the highlights, though.
It's a shame you can't come to the lab and check out all the great dinosaur stuff here and learn where it came from and how it was found!
on 17-8-2011 by Byrd because: (no reason given)
edit on 17-8-2011 by Byrd because: (no reason given)
edit on 17-8-2011
by Byrd because: (no reason given)