It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Humans and Dinosaurs Coexist? Yes!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haxsaw

Oh yeah , cos it looks liike a boar doesnt it, lol, and the decorations just happen to be on its back, yeah right. Anyway, take your pick, faith in intelligent design(GOD) or faith in ummmm... that we all came from an accretion disk around the sun by chance, and this disk came from a big bang, and the particles involved in the big bang came from......bahahah, I'll stick with GOD.

edit on 17-8-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

Yeah, some invisible magic man who decides, "Hey I guess today I'll make a universe", seems really plausible, I mean I totally buy it, bahahaha.

Anyway, I think it could be possible that a couple of dino species somehow didn't go extinct when the rest of the dinos did. If people want to say ancient drawings prove this (though that's very debatable), then we must also say ancient drawings prove UFO's and aliens, as there are far more drawings, from many more places, and many more stories, than anything about dinosaurs.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Double
edit on 17-8-2011 by OMsk3ptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLastStand
These people will gripe about the atheists not having an open mind but everybody's got a closed mind when it takes a mental disorder to believe in this sort of backwards stuff.... the proof is all around you open your blind eyes you silly religious creationist sheeple.
edit on 17-8-2011 by TheLastStand because: (no reason given)

Open our eyes, what are you looking at? I'm looking at my family and realizing all the love and amazing feelings I have for them. I go to nature and look up into the stars and I'm amazed at all the beauty I see. Life happening by accident maybe Id argue that one. But for me God is the only possible answer. Science can explain life, but love and emotions we understand so little about we just drug everyone.
edit on 17-8-2011 by sacgamer25 because: punctuation

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I was open to hearing your argument, but you lost me at the earth is 6,000 years old. Written records of human history dates back 5,000 years, and there are mentions in those texts of civilizations far older than them.

So many geological events, extinct animals, atmospheric and environmental changes would have to be compressed into that 20% because none of them are accounted for in any of these historical records. Unless the conspiracy also dates back to ancient Mesopotamia? Or does it just involve all modern day scholars, historians, and archaeologists?

No error in carbon dating, conspiracies, or coverups can explain away the massive biodiversity we know existed, and the climate shattering environmental changes that took place and compress them into one 1,000 year timespan. Unless when the Earth was created, God added a massive back story? Though for all intents and purposes, that would still make the Earth older than 6,000 years.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
apologies if this has already been mentioned....

dinosaur carving at Angkor Wat Cambodia

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Disappointing. Very disappointing.

Your thread hangs on a man who doesn't even believe in Creationism or does he publish geology reports for a laugh. Nice one, but not really.

What a Fraud

And while I'm at it, try this one as well.

More Creationist Rubbish

So you've got a dubious image and some beavers, which apparently is also rubbish. Very, very disappointing. I'm seeing straws and hands that never seem to connect.

Disappointing.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
Nothing this beautiful could be by accident.

You are trying to argue against logic using emotion, which just doesn't cut it for rational minds. I can find hundreds of examples of amazingly beautiful and intricate designs created entirely by accident.

Also, your use of the word 'accident' is a misnomer. To say we are here by accident implies we are here unpredictablly with no appearant cause. On the contrary, we are by a set of very specific forces acting in a predictable manner. Certainly some of these causes may not be completely understood, but that doesn't mean they are no less natural or predictable. It is not either 'by accident' or 'by God' there are many degrees in between you seem to neglect completely.

Besides, only in a narrow mind can the existence of old ever expanding universe, evolution, and God be an impossibility. God and science are not mutually exclusive.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Can anybody on this thread say 6,000 years and keep a straight face? Can a planet recover from a moon sized impact in that time? How about all those creaters on the planet, really is 6,000 years enough for the scale of some of them?

What I'd like to know is how did North America break away from Antarctica and get where it is today (having in the process joined Europe and then split from that continent as well) in just 6,000 years

www.sciencedaily.com...

Of course, I suppose the argument is that God created the world to look like the continents have moved around over billions of years, just to fool silly gullible scientists?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

If this is the case and fossils like dinosaur fossils that are found within rock are only a few thousand years old, wouldn't that make the corpses of Mammoths found still frozen much younger also? Wouldn't this effectively bump our timeline up to the point that Mammoths would've lived only a few hundred years ago? I'm sorry but I don't belive any of it. They've cataloged so many species of fossils that lived and died that if it were true, we'd be watching entire species live and go extinct in 20 years time if your theory was true. We observe species right now in modern time as holding on for very long periods of time in the face of extinction. It just doesn't fit into your shorter timeline.

They've not only studied many species but they've also studied several evolutionary attempts that all go in very different directions for a very long time. If your theory was correct it would mean that these evolutionary directions would also be lasting a very small amount of time. Mammals are young by the standards of the earth. Dinosaurs are one small part of the theory of evolution. There were many other non-reptilian periods of domination on earth before and after dinosaurs. They have mountains of evidence to support this. Mammals are not special and did not coexist with any of them. They were the dominant organisms. Now we are. You can't have two dominant species.

If you really want to break it down, crocodiles are pretty close to living dinosaurs. So we do live with dinosaurs. We just didn't share the earth when they were the dominant species. When they were the dominant species, a mammal was lunch!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Haven't you heard? It's happening as we speak!!!

Shocking: New Zealand and Australia are out of their place on the map

Funny, I live in Sydney and if our whole country is moving, I ain't feeling it

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

These people will gripe about the atheists not having an open mind but everybody's got a closed mind when it takes a mental disorder to believe in this sort of backwards stuff.... the proof is all around you open your blind eyes you silly religious creationist sheeple.

Open our eyes, what are you looking at? I'm looking at my family and realizing all the love and amazing feelings I have for them. I go to nature and look up into the stars and I'm amazed at all the beauty I see. Life happening by accident maybe Id argue that one. But for me God is the only possible answer. Science can explain life, but love and emotions we understand so little about we just drug everyone.

dude seriously, my post was directed at the 'creationists' in general and their backwards beliefs. Some of their beliefs flies so much in the face of reality that they really do set themselves apart as ilk to the flat earthers. Also this isn't the first time I've had a debate with a creationist, frankly, even when faced with the sheer lunacy of their 6,000 year old plant (what a joke) and the premade backstory that god apparently created (thanks for that) their weak minds still cling onto the same beliefs. The god in their head is this weird mythical super-intelligent but backwards thinking kinda guy. God took seven days because his oxen drawn chariot took time driving around.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Though to be fair, if God created the Earth you would also have to assume he could tear continents apart and move them across the globe with little effort. This would look like a process that took millions of years to us, simply because we have no frame of reference to how God moves continents, what it looks like, or how long it takes.

Not that I don't think the theory's bogus, just that the magical nature of God can pretty much be used to counter any argument, which is why it is infinitely frustrating to argue against.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Apologies for not reading every single post, so sorry if its been mentioned before. But we do have Dinosaurs living on earth now. Creatures like crocodiles and alligators are a good example and many birds too. If you look at world mythologies large reptiles are a common theme. The griffin (like in my avatar) is believed to been invented when ancient people discovered dino-bones, but maybe they were real?

Thanks for information, nyk537.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Akasirus

You can't argue against a lie that by it's very nature has to prove NOTHING.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thestargateisreal
reply to post by Akasirus

You can't argue against a lie that by it's very nature has to prove NOTHING.

I think if we show these loons things that couldn't have possibly been done in 6,000 years they might reconsider? Nah their peabrains will grasp at more irrational straws to keep their strawman religion intact with. These people pretend to be awake, how insulting to everyone else's intelligence. They should rename this thread to "did irrational thinking and creationists coexist? Why yes that's been the case ever since creation and irrational thinking!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

There must be something in the water, or the some knowledge is streaming into the global conscious. I was thinking about how the Dinosaurs might have become extinct, and I thought if humans were alive with them, maybe we hunted them to death and ate their eggs. Knowing how humanity operates we tend to bond together. It shouldn't be a stretch to imagine we learned how to fight these creatures.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
This is off topic in a sense, however in response to your post, Australia is actually moving in a generally northerly direction at about 7cm per year.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Your "personal reflection" and an image that loosely resembles a dinosaur is not going to overturn decades of scientific research, containing thousands of volumes of compelling evidence, that you are wrong. Sorry, fruitloop, science will always trump religious faith.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join