It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained light in clouds - HAARP?? or something else

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeSpeaker
I do love a cold corona with a lemon wedge on a hot day.

A lemon wedge? Blasphemous! Only limes here.

The other videos are interesting, but let's not jump to conclusions or start blaming an antenna array, that can't even be aimed, thousands of miles away. Where is ozweatherman when you need him?
edit on 8/17/11 by adeclerk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk
A lemon wedge? Blasphemous! Only limes here.

To each his own and all that.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeyDawn

That's a wonderful video, it is very interesting in that you can almost see rainfall from top cloud to the lower cloud in a small area in the front of the light.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Very cool videos, I've never seen anything like that before.

The most plausible sounding explanation to me is shock waves from lightning disrupting a thin and brightly lit region of cloud. I don't think any of the lighting effects actually come from the lightning, but are actually just sunlight.

Lightning creates a sonic shock wave for the rapid expansion of the air. This is not a circular shock way, like with a regular explosion, but is of a long random shape - like the lightning itself. The shock wave travels at the speed of sound. So what you see is a near-instantaneous rearrangement of part of the cloud from lighting in different places.

The disruption might be visibly indirect. The illuminated region might actually be shadows cast by a hidden part of the cloud, and possibly at an angle, this could serve to magnify the effect.

ETA - This video shows a shock wave from a rocket rapidly rearranging a cloud

So the more intense, shorter, and much more randomly shaped shocked waves from lighting could quite plausibly do something similar.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSprepared

The lights from this second video really remind me of the dancing light I saw at the Sakurajima volcano video but without the intense flare up and pulsing:

That's entirely unrelated. It's a man-made light at ground level, possibly a street light, or a light on a building. It gets brighter and brighter as the camera exposure changes in the time-lapse video, as night falls. Notice you can see the stars at the end of the video.

Actually, looking at the HD video, I'd say it's a floodlight on a building site. You can see what looks like the back and forth of an excavator next to it.
edit on 18-8-2011 by Uncinus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Not read through the thread but watched the video. Looks like St Elmos fire caught in the daytime to me, very cool.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I'm still waiting to have it explained to me how an array of antennas shooting RF energy at a single fixed position in the sky, somehow allegedly creates effects and changes weather all over the world, including creating earthquakes. I hear a lot of crazy pseudo science that sounds like something Marvin the Martian would say, but that's about it. It's like saying a guy flushing his toilet in Iowa made my toaster turn on. Makes absolutely no sense at all.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I heard that HAARP does have the ability to move clouds. Im not really sure how the technology works though.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSprepared
reply to post by adeclerk

The sun doesn't move the clouds around like that though. Did you even watch the videos?

That's the truth.
I spent 3+ years in meteorology classes..
and never once learned of, heard of , or seen anything like this.

Very interesting, thanks for bringing it to our attention.

god the amount of ignorance here is astounding.

[SNIP]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
General ATS Discussion Etiquette

edit on 8/26/2011 by dbates because: Removed inflammatory text

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join