It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spare the rod, spoil the child

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynzer
I have never agreed with the spare the rod, spoil the child philosophy. I was spanked as child....and frankly sometimes got what I considered then, and do now, abusive type spankings with belts and brushes. I knew I would never spank my children, even when I was still a child.

I did time outs and guess what? Both of my children were well behaved...I never had problems with them in school, etc. In fact I was always complimented on how well behaved my children were/are.

Spanking just causes violence and resentment toward their parents and others. If you have children I would strongly recommend that you don't hit them under any circumstance.

Your opinion is complete and utter crap. I am the middle child of the family and have been spanked the most. With belts, plastic cooking spoons etc.

NEVER have I thought about violence pertaining to my parents, and I do not resent them. I am not a violent person by any means. I am sure MANY others who were spanked as kids would agree with me. Quit spreading what you think is truth but is really just a steaming pile of lies.

I did not consider myself abused and I still dont. And I really dont think you should be telling anyone that it's wrong to spank their children. Spanking is not violence, it's a corrective measure. Sure, I hated spankings when I was a kid. But once I got mature, I realized what my parents did for me, it's sad that you cant realize that. You're stuck in a child mentality.
edit on 3-9-2011 by JudgeEden because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join