It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting over Studio City

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Just found this which is quite interesting, now the obvious would be RC vehicle but maybe not. Same old story with the short filming, where did it go, what happened next etc.

MUFON looked into two sightings on July 4, and remain stumped. Unknown objects were spotted in the skies over Los Angeles on July 4 this year, and remain unexplained. Steve R. Murillo, a trained investigator of MUFON, the Mutual UFO Network—a volunteer organization that skeptically researches claims of UFO—looked into the sightings that started in Chino and ended in Studio City only 40 minutes apart.

The Chino sighting in the video is exactly the same as the craft seen in Studio City, and in fact, the family saw the video on YouTube.

Full article here:

www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
If it is extraterrestial, they don't know anythign about good design

But I think it's RC.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
It looks like a balloon with an LED array on the bottom.

Sure doesn't look alien.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Alright. Firstly, it's timed leds at the bottom to give the illusion of rotation, either the timing is off, or the frame rate from the camera / youtube makes it look off.

Secondly, My guess is weighted balloon. It appears fairly stable (shaky camera aside) so there's probably something there adding some weight to the bottom.

Does not appear to be an RC chopper or plane that I have seen, but there are new ones that do look like UFOS and have the rotors blades inside the center of the object. The problem with that is they need to move air, so covering the top and bottom isn't an option, and the top of this looks covered to me.

IMO:

Balloon + weight + led array + piece of cloth = this hoax video (don't think the people who cammed it are in on it.)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
Balloon + weight + led array + piece of cloth = this hoax video (don't think the people who cammed it are in on it.)

I don't think it's a hoax, the clip was taken on July 4th and I'm sure that this was just a toy of some sort that someone set aloft. The camera person confused it for being a UFO is all. I fly R/C and have several aircraft with LED lighting for night flying. Some of them are aerobatic and when doing loops/ rolls/ flat spins and such it can look downright bizarre at night. I fly a lot in my backyard and now and then people will freak out when I'm flying something and I can hear them excitedly talking in the distance about the "UFO", and trying to shine lights on it and such. I usually land before they decide to go get a gun and see if they can knock it out of the sky
I'm not trying to fool people, I'm just out having fun flying. I suspect this story is something similar, someone was just having fun on the 4th and someone else misinterpreted what the object was.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

Would you not hear it? I'm not an expert on RCs but don't they make a lot of noise?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
reply to post by SavedOne

Would you not hear it? I'm not an expert on RCs but don't they make a lot of noise?

Glow planes are quite loud, but I fly nothing but electrics and with the advent of brushless motors and special electric props, they've gotten so quiet that you can only hear them when they're within 30' or so and even then you just hear a quiet whirring.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I don't understand why this thread is even a conversation. Anyone with a bit of interest in these topics should no better and that this a complete waste of time. And yes, i did waste my time typing this.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Another video of the same object:

What's the range of these RC vehicles?

edit on 16-8-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Range isnt an issue anymore with the advent of GPS control. Click and point on the web create waypoints and with auto return and function control you can go as far as the power you have available will let you...

You use THIS kind of technology with some stout helium balloons neutral balanced with some gnarly very quiet electric motors (think mini stealth blimp) and viola! you are on the cover of every UFO magazine and web site on the planet with goofballs everywhere manufacturing evidence to prove your little toy is from another star system...

THIS is one reason why people must, I repeat must, level very deep scrutiny at anything they see in the sky. Literally the sky is the limit as to what people can create and fool people with in the sky.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Same old story with the short filming, where did it go, what happened next etc...

Shouldn't that tell you something right there? I don't mean to piss you off, but come on man, you answered your own question. In this modern age, one doesn't need any video experience to be able to spot utter rubbish. It would seem your on the brink of erasing your own ignorance, just not quite there yet.

Your ability to use logic, reason and common sense is growing.....the only real question here is if you will hang around after your have developed it fully, or do like most and slink away out of embarrassment about your previous posts....

Don't slink away.....we need people that have "been there, done that" and stayed to help steady the boat....

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Same old story with the short filming, where did it go, what happened next etc...

Shouldn't that tell you something right there? I don't mean to piss you off, but come on man, you answered your own question. In this modern age, one doesn't need any video experience to be able to spot utter rubbish. It would seem your on the brink of erasing your own ignorance, just not quite there yet.

Your ability to use logic, reason and common sense is growing.....the only real question here is if you will hang around after your have developed it fully, or do like most and slink away out of embarrassment about your previous posts....

Don't slink away.....we need people that have "been there, done that" and stayed to help steady the boat....

Just sharing the video, imo the second video is better. I'm still not convinced that this is RC, it might be but may not be. Always good to hear other opinions.

new topics

top topics

join