It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A lie told often enough becomes the truth!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Alex, is your avatar a little prozac pill?

"The Blue Degrees are but the outer court or portico of the Temple. Part of the symbols are displayed there to the Initiate, but he is intentionally misled by false interpretations. It is not intended that he shall understand them, but it is intended that he shall imagine he understands them."

"Masonry, like all the religions, all the Mysteries, Hermeticism and Alchemy, CONCEALS its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve only to be misled; to conceal the Truth, which it calls Light, from them, and to draw them away from it. Truth is not for those who are unworthy or unable to receive it, or would pervert it."

Albert Pike - Morals and Dogma

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Also found some other stuff I would like and opinion on!

The 47th Problem of Euclid

� The major streets that radiate from the Capitol in the northwest quadrant are Pennsylvania Avenue and New Jersey Avenue.
� They are at the angle of the 3-4-5 triangle.
� The White House is the base for the ABCD rectangle/double-square.
� The Old Post Office is at two-thirds the distance of FA.
� The point where AC intersects JM is becomes the radius of a circle that touches the city's border at 18th street and "U Street," or point H
� Moving directly east along "U Street," we hit the border again at 9th street, which is also touching the line CD.
� A new circle is drawn from a central point J. This circle intersects Pennsylvania Avenue at 13th Street, making the only "kink" in the otherwise straight line to the White House grounds.
� The Intersection of this circle and the arc CF defines yet another city boundary on Florida Street between 2nd and 3rd Streets, which extends northwest to the point where "U Street" intersects with CD.
� This circle intersects EF at "N Street," which runs directly west through the center of our original pentacle.
� Point N intersects all circles at "H Street."
� Point R locates "25th Street."
� Point C locates "W Street."
� "M Street" ends at the border of the city and the large circle.
� The "kink" in "M Street" at New Hampshire Avenue is on the long side of another 3-4-5 triangle JRS.
� The Justice Department lies at point P, where FP = FN.
� "Judiciary Square" is bisected by the line FL.

All info taken from: www.startiming.net...

Also if you have the time read this article I found it very interesting it�s a bit long so you can start by book marking it for later reference.

www.rense.com...

www.rense.com...

www.rense.com...

www.rense.com...

Also did Pike have any reference to the KKK? Was he a general of the Klan? Now this is only a rumour I heard I am not saying it is true! If it�s true it puts him in a different light I would say.

Baron Bilbo Baggins
Bilbo�s Empire of the Neutral Zone

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I don't have much time, but I have two leads (two connections) that I'm working on.

One is the Bohemian Club setting up the National Press Club;

The other is the Skull & Bones involvement with the CIA, as well as some interesting history of Skull & Bones.

I also have to continue the 'History of Freemasonry' which I paused.

Back soon.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
"The Blue Degrees are but the outer court or portico of the Temple. Part of the symbols are displayed there to the Initiate, but he is intentionally misled by false interpretations. It is not intended that he shall understand them, but it is intended that he shall imagine he understands them."

"Masonry, like all the religions, all the Mysteries, Hermeticism and Alchemy, CONCEALS its secrets from all except the Adepts and Sages, or the Elect, and uses false explanations and misinterpretations of its symbols to mislead those who deserve only to be misled; to conceal the Truth, which it calls Light, from them, and to draw them away from it. Truth is not for those who are unworthy or unable to receive it, or would pervert it."

Did Albert Pike actually write that? If so, it's an interesting passage, obviously. Does it mean that the "secrets" are made open to Masons at what, the 15th degree, the 24th, or is it the 33rd degree? I'm a bit confused. What kind of Mason is considered an "adept" or a "sage"? At what point is a Mason "worthy" of receiving this truth ??? Does an "adept" pull a Mason off to the side and say "you've been selected, Brother, to receive the Ultimate Truth" ?? Is a book given to the Mason, entitled "The Truth - Yay!" Or, does a Mason simply wake up one morning and say, "holy Manly Hall !! NOW I understand!!" ????

[edit on 31-8-2004 by LTD602]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by stoneskull

Nope. I'm just infuriated by those who are lucky and priveleged enough to have the power to post things on the internet (not everybody has that privelege, you know), yet willfully avoid using common sense, reason, and compassion.

And I suppose those who claim Masonry is full of Satanists or aliens are "Adepts and Sages, or the Elect?" This is the failing of most anti-Masonic advocates -- apparently, they know the truth, but people who experience Masonry all the time, who live their lives by its precepts, don't know what's "really" going on. Not only that, but these revelations about what Masonry "really is" don't require any proof or documentation! Amazing!

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Okay AK I didn�t make myself clear then, I am only talking about master numbers like 11, 22, and 33 but they continue to 44, 55, 66, 111, 222, and 666 and so on.

A little bit. What annoys me more is when you post those crusty old "graphs" that imply that Freemasonry and Freemasons are involved in not only generic evil, but also Pedophilia. Now, I'm not saying that you are implying this, but you put up the graphs -- you had a choice. You didn't HAVE to post those graphs. You seem at least moderately intelligent, so you must realize how nonsensical those graphs are, and how there is not one iota of proof that they are accurate (because, in fact, they are not). That annoys me. if I felt you were making statements like that about Masonry -- just pulling the idea that Masons are evil out of the air, unsubstantiated, simply because you want a "conspiracy" to entertain you, then I would have set you on "ignore," plain and simple. I've already explained elsewhere how I feel about and deal with slander.

I have also stated that the crime and drug attacks and later added Pedophilia as a no go in my post, so at this point it is not my theory I just wanted the graph and I couldn�t download it edit it and upload as I think its to big for that. And I know how you reply to slander I think we all do by know, as a personal remark it was great the first time and the second time but now I feel it has lost its meaning and it is making you look worse, now this is said as positive criticism I can understand why you reply as you do, but in the long run I think it would just make you look well not so good.

Neither. Not everything in the world falls into "Mason-made" or "Anti-Masonic" categories. This is just a picture -- it doesn't mean anything on its own, and the picture doesn't even seem to imply anything (other than the idea that Christ is The Great Architect of the Universe).

True you got it right no back door or anything suspicious in the source code, but it was worth checking it out.

ppps: nice pyramid StoneSkull perhaps there are 3 hidden degrees in masonry?

Well its just speculation I just like stone skulls pyramid and wondered that perhaps there where 3 hidden degrees in the Scottish rite.

I know I said it spooked me, but it was a bad word it wasn�t what I meant, remember this isn�t my native tongue and I couldn�t say it weird me so I used spook it was a mistake don�t be a nitpicker you little pick nitter.

I thought of bringing in that quote myself, but you beat me to it, but let�s not quote old Albert all the time if masonry has changed there must be some new books we can read on this subject.

I don't have much time,

Are they on to you, you need help I have safe hideouts all over the world you just say it. Some of the big dreamers from your country are my friends they can hide you! You just say the �word�

Bilbo

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LTD602

Did Albert Pike actually write that? If so, it's an interesting passage, obviously. Does it mean that the "secrets" are made open to Masons at what, the 15th degree, the 24th, or is it the 33rd degree? I'm a bit confused. What kind of Mason is considered an "adept" or a "sage"? At what point is a Mason "worthy" of receiving this truth ??? Does an "adept" pull a Mason off to the side and say "you've been selected, Brother, to receive the Ultimate Truth" ?? Is a book given to the Mason, entitled "The Truth - Yay!" Or, does a Mason simply wake up one morning and say, "holy Manly Hall !! NOW I understand!!" ????

The secrets of not only the Greater Mysteries, but also of Nature, are simply by their nature incomprehensible without extensive study. If I said the following:

"The truth about Microbiology is not well understood by the layman. The layman is given simplified explanations to aid his understanding, but the truth of the discipline is knowable only by those with a solid grouding in Genetics and Molecular Biology, and with a good understanding of the philosophy of science generally. It is for these, the "Elect" of science, as it were, that Microbiology truly opens up her secrets"

Would that mean that there's something sinister about the study of Microbiology? No. It would only mean exactly what Albert Pike said : that there are certain concepts that can only be understood when one is properly prepared.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Holy Manly P. Hall !! NOW I understand!
Hehe . . .

Alright, nice example, Alex.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The truth about the American Capitol:

(Please note... I only used existing roads, except in the case of the 'k", where the lower bar was made by connecting the coreners of blocks. As such, this interpretation is more valid than one which draws random circles on the map.

Apparently, The Evil Freemasons who Control the World really like cheese.

[edit on 31-8-2004 by AlexKennedy]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
ha neon, nah i'm fine, but thanks...

LTD602, Albert Pike is like a L Ron Hubbard of Masonry. He would be considered an "adept" or a "sage". He was definitely up there.

Does an "adept" pull a Mason off to the side and say "you've been selected, Brother, to receive the Ultimate Truth" ?? Is a book given to the Mason, entitled "The Truth - Yay!"

Yeah, the 32nd degree is a graduation (and you get given the book "Morals and Dogma"). To receive the 33rd, a further initiation (like the 4th is into Scottish Rite Masonry) you have to be chosen by other 33rds. This is when they've decided you've done some great task politically or socially they deem worthy of the title.

Read "Morals and Dogma" for yourself at:
www.freemasons-freemasonry.com...

or if you don't use Java:
www.illuminati-news.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   

(Please note... I only used existing roads, except in the case of the 'k", where the lower bar was made by connecting the corners of blocks. As such, this interpretation is more valid than one which draws random circles on the map.)

*LOL* AK that�s good, it makes sense thanks for helping in the exposure of the Free Masons for One World Cheese.

But if you do some research in to the subject you will see that they are not randomly drawn, but heck I didn�t expect you wanted to do that, also the inverted cross you made is funny (the picture in the Rothschild thread.)

The Pentacle that extends north of the White House possesses many invisible levels of sacred geometry. Based on geometric progression of squares, it appears to be skewed an unequal, yet it supports a complex set of shapes that are common inside the Masonic lodge. It is explained in Bromwell's Restorations4 as the function of the oblong square, or a 1:2 rectangle (upside down):

Figure 1.7a

Here we see the White House as the anchor of progressively larger circles, based upon the oblong square:

Figure 1-7f

The line extending northeast from the White House defines another oblong square, as well as the northernmost boundary of the city

Figure 1-7g

The red circle defines the northern border of the city directly north of the White House:

Figure 1-7h

If we take that same square mile, and connect it to the two northernmost points on the pentacle, we can draw some more circles. The White House lies at the midpoint of the square and its circle:

The Forty-Seventh Proposition of Euclid
The Pythagorean theorem states that for any right triangle the sum of the squares of its two legs equals the square of its hypotenuse (a2 + b2 = c2). Or we could frame it as the sum of the square of the horizontal and the square of the perpendicular equals the square of the hypotenuse. We know this formulation was known before Pythagoras - there is evidence in ancient Egyptian work, ancient China (the Chou Pei manuscript), and the megalith builders. Regardless, it is attributed to Pythagoras and two hundred years later Euclid compiled his "Elements of Mathematics" where this particular proposition is found in Book One.
(47th) In every right angle triangle the square on the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares on the other two sides.
(48th) If the square described on one of the sides of a triangle is equal to the square described on the other sides, then the angle contained by these two sides is a right angle.
This theorem has been called the root of all geometry and the cornerstone of mathematics. The practical applications alone are worthy of the high esteem that Masonry affords it. And this is the interpretation of the lecture that is most considered when masons speak of it But the meaning of this hieroglyphical emblem does not stop there.
The emblem we are usually presented is the 3,4,5 right triangle in this fashion: The vertical line is of 3 units, the horizontal is of 4 units, and the hypotenuse is of 5 units. Not only is our attention called to this geometrical figure in the Master Mason degree, it is also prominent in the Scottish Rite in the 20th Degree - Master of the Symbolic Lodge and in the 25th Degree - Knight of the Brazen Serpent. Rex Hutchens, commenting upon the 20th Degree in his book on the Scottish Rite explains that:
Nine is a perfect number, being the triple of three. There are nine candles in three groups of three each on the East, West, and South of the Altar. They form a graphic representation of the 47th Problem It makes no difference in the equation if the other two angles are 45 degrees each or 30 degrees and 60 degrees or 5 degrees and 85 degrees. Because of the mystic meaning associated with numbers by the ancients, they considered the most beautiful triangle of all, the right angled triangle with sides of 3,4 and 5 units of measure. (Rex Hutchens, The Bridge to light, p.171)
In the 25th Degree commentary Hutchens describes the setting of this degree:
The ceremony takes place in four apartments. They are all remarkable in their simplicity. The first is called the House of the Earth. ...The second apartment is called the House of the Planets. The third apartment is ... styled the House of the Sun and Moon.... The principal chamber is called the House of the Light. Nine lights (candles) are arranged on the altar in groups of three, forming a representation of the Pythagorean Theorem,... (The Bridge to Light, p.215)
The evidence that the particular triangle alluded to in the Monitor is the 3,4,5 right triangle can be derived from the odd comments about Pythagoras' exclamation "Eureka" in the Grecian language. Here is where we can begin to apply the investigative tools of what is called gematria. As you know the ancient letters were also numbers. The correlation of numbers with letters gave ample opportunity to nest hidden meaning within words, phrases, and names. For example, if we take the word "Eureka" in Greek and consider the letters as numbers instead of letters, add them up to get a total value we get 534 - the units of this special triangle.
Maybe we can even find hints of this geometry in earlier degrees. A very interesting technique of symbolism can be seen when two different types of symbolism are fused together or alluded to by one another such as a legend that contains mathematical symbolism. For example, many of the blacksmiths of the gods were crippled or lame. In many cases the Sacred King was lame. The destiny of the Sacred King was to lose his life as a sacrifice; an act which will regenerate the world. Usually the lameness and sacrifice was deliberately caused. Vergil wrote a poem wherein the Queen who is resolved to die offering herself as a victim in the fire, he writes: "beside the altars, with one foot unshod, she calls as one about to die upon the gods and upon the doom-witnessing stars." There is an association between lameness and having one foot unshod. And in the idea of sacrifice and redemption. There is a Byzantine painting known as "Our Lady of Perpetual Help". This painting is of the Madonna holding her divine child. On each side of them there is an angel who holds some of the images associated with the Crucililion. The divine child is looking at one angel and one of his shoes is falling off. We can even find this idea in the slanting foot-rest of the Russian Cross in the Eastern Churches.
We can develop this further. In geometry, there are three types of triangles: equilateral, isosceles and scalene. The equilateral triangle has 3 equal sides; the isosceles has 2 equal sides, and the scalene triangle has no equal sides. Scalene means "uneven"; it also means "limping". Of all the infinite scalene triangles, the one thought of by the ancients as special - the king of them all, was the 3,4,5 unit triangle. This one had the special properties and it grew to have mystical properties as well. In so considering the symbolism of the Egyptian structure one author states:
And so beneath the ideal pyramid, with its four great equilaterals pointing heavenward as they converge above the center of the basal square... there would be sacrificed, hidden in the foundations so to speak, a limping but necessary scalene, supplying the all-important right angle for the base and for the central elevation. (Denning & Philips, The Magical Philosophy, Vol. 2 p.58)
As we consider geometry as symbolism as well as Truth, we have to think of it as the ancients did. Pythagoras said "All is Number" and in The Republic, Plato wrote: "The knowledge at which geometry alms is the knowledge of the Eternal." The Eternal was to Plato the archetypal Forms, or the timeless truths of existence. In other words, the foundation of the universe. That aspect of the universe which always was and ever will be.

All above taken from: www.startiming.net... and www.sricf-ca.org...

So please don�t insult me with saying they are random drawn, I know that if you read about this you wouldn�t say they were!

Bilbo

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stoneskull

Now, lets look at it in CONTEXT. Albert Pike did indeed write these words... but he was talking about the KNIGHTS TEMPLAR... interesting how masonic critics don't even read or bother to try to understand the words they quote:

It is absurd to suppose that men of intellect adored a monstrous idol called Baphomet, or recognized Mahomet as an inspired prophet. Their symbolism, invented ages before, to conceal what it was dangerous to avow, was of course misunderstood by those who were not adepts, and to their enemies seemed to be pantheistic. The calf of gold, made by Aaron for the Israelites, was but one of the oxen under the layer of bronze, and the Karobim on the Propitiatory, misunderstood. The symbols of the wise always become the idols of the ignorant multitude. What the Chiefs of the Order really believed and taught, is indicated to the Adepts by the hints contained in the high Degrees of Free-Masonry, and by the symbols which only the Adepts understand.

The Blue Degrees are but the outer court or portico of the Temple. Part of the symbols are displayed there to the Initiate, but he is intentionally misled by false interpretations. It is not intended that he shall understand them; but it is intended that he shall imagine he understands them. Their true explication is reserved for the Adepts, the Princes of Masonry. The whole body of the Royal and Sacerdotal Art was hidden so carefully, centuries since, in the High Degrees, as that it is even yet impossible to solve many of the enigmas which they contain. It is well enough for the mass of those called Masons, to imagine that all is contained in the Blue Degrees; and whoso attempts to undeceive them will labor in vain, and without any true reward violate his obligations as an Adept. Masonry is the veritable Sphinx, buried to the head in the sands heaped round it by the ages.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   

From www.riseofthebeast.com...

PS Paris is even more obviously designed with esoteric meanings and I remember reading about how the streets of Canberra (Australia's capital city) being similarly designed. (Looking for pics).

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I have been reading the crayon tracks left by Nh and yourself. Would you like to explain what you think you are seeing in these streets and maps?

As a mason, I really see no significance... but if they keep you busy...

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   

the "star tetrahedron" is the three dimensional version of the hexagram

As for the significance of the number 33 the Enterprise Mission have this to say.

"As we have noted before, engineer and probabilities expert Mary Anne Weaver has pointed out that one of the basic trigonometric functions of a circumscribed tetrahedron, the sine of 19.471 -- the key "circumscribed tetrahedral angle" at Cydonia -- is .3333. That in of itself would be merely "interesting" if it were the only mathematical link between 19.5 and 33, but there is another, more significant link.

A tetrahedron is one of the so-called "Platonic solids," so named because the Greek mathematician Plato was one of the first to popularize them (although, like some modern "science popularizers," he actually "borrowed" them from the earlier insights of another genius Greek geometer, Pythagoras). Each of these Platonic solids (there are only five) is characterized by the fact that they are all "regular" polyhedra, polyhedrons that have regular polygonal faces, or faces with a straight-sided figure with equal sides and equal angles. In other words, they will all fit neatly in a sphere -- with no edges or angles protruding through the surface. Of these, the simplest, and therefore the "first" among them, is our old friend the "tetrahedron."

Each of these Platonic solids is commonly identified among mathematicians with the notation [p, q], where p is the number of sides in each face and q is the number of faces that meet at each vertex. The tetrahedron has 3 sides on each face and has 3 faces that meet at each vertex. As a result, its nodal designation in this system would be [3,3].

Or, obviously, "33."

By simply taking out the comma, we can see that every bit as much as the ubiquitous "19.5," the number "33" says; "look to your tetrahedrons!" It's just a little less obvious, a little harder to figure out, a little more coded."

Lots more on this at:
www.bob-wonderland.supanet.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeonHelmet

THE ROUND TABLE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH KING ARTHURS KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND TABLE TO MY KNOWLEDGE THAT IS.

You could stretch a connection if you accept that The Tale of Arthur is about nuclear power. He who pulls the sword from the stone will rule the world. The stone being U235 and the sword is a nuclear weapon.:puz

connection if you accept that The Tale of Arthur is about nuclear power He who pulls the sword from the stone will rule the world. The stone being U235 and the sword is a nuclear weapon.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   

The UN emblem showing a globe with latitude and longitude lines outlining 33 fields symbolizing the 33 degrees of Freemasonry. Again a SMALL connection between masons UN and NWO,.

OTO�s fallen dove and the eye of horus.

Now this picture I find weird/spooky, isn�t the statue older than the picture of Baphomet, so isn�t it more logical that the Baphomet�s painting is inspired by the statue and not the other way around?

Nothing to add here it just looks funny, any one now what this ritual might be?

And I found these links for more info on the Bilderberg meetings:

thebiggestsecret.online.fr...

Now I know the URL is named the biggest secret but they have nothing to do with David Icke except for the name, the reason I write this is because anything David Icke writes is considered BS in this forum, so I am trying to prevent any assaulting on this thread that is David Icke related.

Baron Bilbo Baggins

[edit on 31-8-2004 by NeonHelmet]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I hate it when I see Masonic rituals exposed on the web . . . . it takes away from the mystery and beauty of them. As a mason-to-be, I feel a bit cheated when I find out about these things, even though it is inadvertently. In any case that's what this site is for . . . . so:

If you must know, that is part of the inititation for the 1st degree.

Hehe . . .I'll get no further into this, for I don't want to meddle in the affairs of wizards . . .

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Shining some light onto freemasonry's rituals...

1�: ENTERED APPRENTICE

Dueguard ------------------ Sign

-

The Duegard of an Entered Apprentice represents the position of the hand when taking the oath of an Entered Apprentice, "my left hand supporting the Bible and my right hand resting thereon."

--

The sign of the Entered Apprentice alludes to the penalty of the Entered Apprentice's obligation. The sign is made by drawing the right hand rapidly across the neck as shown on the left. The penalty that the sign alludes to is, "having my throat cut across, my tongue torn out by its roots, and my body buried in the rough sands of the sea at low water mark, where the tide ebbs and flows twice in twenty-four hours, should I ever knowingly violate this my Entered Apprentice obligation."

Explanation of the Entered Apprentice sign: Draw the right hand rapidly across the neck as represented and drop the arm to the side. This action shows the penalty of having the throat cut and the tongue ripped out.

Grip (BOAZ)

The Grip of the Entered Apprentice is made by pressing the thumb against the top of the first knuckle-joint of the fellow Mason, the fellow Mason also presses his thumb against the first Mason's knuckle.

The name of this grip is "Boaz". When a candidate is imparted with this grip and its usage it is done in this manner."

First the Worshipful Master says to the candidate:
"I now present my right hand in token of friendship and brotherly love, and will invest you with the grip and word. As you are uninstructed, he who has hitherto answered for you, will do so at this time."

The Worshipful Master of the lodge then has this exchange with the Senior Deacon, who is standing next to the candidate, who is still kneeling at the altar, after have assumed the obligation of this degree:

Note: In the following discourse WM stands for Worshipful Master, and SD stands for Senior Deacon.

WM: Brother Senior Deacon.
SD: Worshipful Master.
WM: I hele.
SD: I conceal.
WM: What do you conceal?
SD: All the secrets of a Mason in Masonry, to which this token alludes.
(At this time, the candidate is shown the grip of an Entered Apprentice)
WM: What is that?
SD: A grip
WM. Of what?
SD: Of an Entered Apprentice.
WM. Has it a name?
SD: It has.
WM: Will you give it to me?
SD: I did not so receive it, neither will I so impart it.
WM: How will you dispose of it?
SD: Letter it or halve it.
WM: Letter it and begin.
SD: You begin.
WM: Begin you.
SD: A
WM: B
SD: O
WM: Z
WM: (Directing his words to the candidate): "Boaz, my Brother, is the name of this grip, and should always be given in the customary manner, by lettering or halving. When lettering, always commence with the letter, "A".

2�: FELLOW CRAFT

-

The duegard of the Fellow Craft represents the positions of the hands when taking the oath of the Fellow Craft degree, "my right hand on the Holy Bible, square, and compasses, my left arm forming an angle, supported by the square and my hand in a vertical position."

--

The sign of the Fellow Craft alludes to the penalty of the Fellow Craft obligation. The sign is made by cupping the right hand over the left breast, drawing it quickly across the body, then dropping the hand to the side. The penalty that the sign alludes to is "having my left breast torn open, my heart plucked out, and given to the wild beasts of the field and the fowls of the air."

Explanation of the Fellow Craft sign: The action of cupping one hand over the left breast and drawing it quickly across the body signifies the heart being ripped out if the candidate should violate his Fellow Craft obligation.

Pass Grip (SHIBBOLETH)

The hand is taken as in an ordinary hand shake, and the Mason presses the top of his thumb against the space between the first and second knuckle joints of the first two fingers of his fellow Mason; the fellow Mason also presses his thumb on the corresponding part of the first Mason's hand.
The name of this grip is "Shibboleth". When a candidate is imparted with this grip and its usage it is done in this manner:

First, the Worshipful Master says to the candidate:

"I now present my right hand in token of the continuance of friendship and brotherly love, and will invest you with the pass-grip, pass-word, real grip and word of a Fellow Craft. As you are uninstructed, he who has hitherto answered for you, will do so at this time. Give me the grip of an Entered Apprentice."

As previously explained from the Entered Apprentice degree, he then has this exchange with the Senior Deacon, who is standing next to the candidate, who is still kneeling at the altar, after having assume the obligation of this degree):

WM: Will you be off or from?
SD: From.
WM: From what and to what?
SD: From the grip of an Entered Apprentice to the pass-grip of a Fellow Craft.
(At this time, the candidate is shown the Pass Grip)
WM: Pass. What is that?
SD: The pass-grip of a Fellow Craft.
WM: Has it a name?
SD: I did not so receive it; neither will I so impart it.
SD: Letter or syllable it.
WM: Syllable it and begin.
SD: Shib
WM: bo
SD: leth
WM: Shibboleth, my Brother, is the name of this grip. You should always remember it, for should you be present at the opening or a Fellow Crafts Lodge, this pass-word will be demanded of you by one of the Deacons, and should you be unable to give it, it would cause confusion in the Craft.

Real Grip (JACHIN)

The Mason takes the fellow Mason by the right hand as in an ordinary hand shake, and presses the top of his thumb hard on the second knuckle, the fellow Mason presses his thumb against the same knuckle of the first Mason's hand.
At this point in the ritual, the instruction goes directly from the pass grip to the real grip.
SD: From the pass-grip of a Fellow Craft, to the real grip of the same.
SD: The real grip of a Fellow Craft.
SD: Letter or halve it.
WM: Letter it and begin.
SD: A
WM: J
SD: C
WM: H
SD: I
WM: N
WM: Jachin, my Brother, is the name of this grip, and should always be given in this manner, by lettering or halving it. When lettering, always commence with the letter "A".

3�: MASTER MASON

-

The Duegard of the Master Mason alludes to the position of the hands when taking the oath of the Master Mason, "both hands resting on the Holy Bible, square, and compasses."

--

The sign of the Master Mason alludes to the penalty of the Master Mason's obligation, "to have my body cut in two, my bowels removed and burned to ashes which are then to be scattered to the four winds of heaven."

Explanation of the Master Mason sign: The sign is made by drawing the thumb quickly across the waist to the right hip, then dropping the hand to the side. This action shows the stomach being ripped open.

Pass Grip (TUBALCAIN)

The Mason places his thumb on the space between the second and third knuckles of the fellow Mason's right hand, while the fellow Mason moves his thumb to the corresponding space on the first Masons hand. The thumb is pressed hard between the second and third knuckles of the hands.
The name of this grip is "Tubalcain". When a candidate is imparted with this grip and its usage it is done in this manner:

First, the Worshipful Master says to the candidate:

"I now present my right hand in token of the continuance of friendship and brotherly love, and will invest you with the pass-grip and pass-word of a Master Mason. As you are uninstructed, he who has hitherto answered for you, will do so at this time. Give me the real grip of a Fellow Craft."

(As explained from the preceding degrees, he then has this exchange with the Senior Deacon, who is standing next to the candidate, who is still kneeling at the altar, after having assume the obligation of this degree):

SD: From the real grip of a Fellow Craft to the pass-grip of a Master Mason.
SD: The pass-grip of a Master Mason.
SD: Letter or syllable it.
WM: Syllable it and begin.
SD: Tu
WM: bal
SD: cain
WM: Tubalcain, my Brother, is the name of this grip.

Real Grip (MA-HA-BONE)

The Mason firmly grasps the right hand of a fellow Mason. The thumbs of both hands are interlaced. The first Mason presses the tops of his fingers against the wrist of the fellow Mason where it unites with the hand. The fellow Mason at the same time presses his fingers against the corresponding part of the the first Mason's hand and the fingers of each are somewhat apart. This grip is also called the Strong Grip of the Master Mason or the Lion's Paw. Instruction for this grip is given at the "graveside", after the candidate has been "raised".
Speaking to the candidate, the Worshipful Master says, "My Brother, I will now instruct you as to the manner of arriving at the real grip and word of a Master Mason. As you are uninstructed, he who has hitherto answered for you will do so at this time. Give me the pass-grip of a Master Mason."

WM: Will be you be off or from?
SD: From the pass-grip of a Master Mason to the real grip of the same.
SD: The real grip of a Master Mason, or lion's paw.
SD: Place yourself in the proper position to receive it and I will.
WM: Mark the difference, my Brother, Heretofore your answer has been; I did not so receive it, neither will I so impart it. Now it is: Place yourself in the proper position to receive it and I will.
WM: What is the proper position to receive it?
SD: On the Five Points of Fellowship.
WM: What are the Five Points of Fellowship?
SD: Foot to foot, knee to knee, breast to breast, hand to back, and cheek to cheek or mouth to ear. (Cand and WM are placing themselves on the Five Points of Fellowship as the SD names them.)
WM: Ma
Cand: Ha
WM: Bone.
(WM may have the cand begin, while still in position, ie., Cand: Ma. WM: Ha. Cand: Bone, being sure the candidate fully understands the word.)

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
FEET SIGNS

I often stand in one of these stances at bus stops, bank queues, etc and it's interesting the looks you get.

THE FIVE POINTS OF FELLOWSHIP

During initiation into the Master Mason Degree, the candidate first receives the Real Grip of a Master Mason, along with instructions in how it is properly communicated, as he is "raised", or resurrected, at the conclusion of the Hiramic Legend. The Worshipful Master, or a lawful designee, reaches down and grasps the hand of the candidate by this grip and "raises" him from the dead to the position known as the Five Points of Fellowship.

The Five Points of Fellowship is demonstrated as the Worshipful Master and candidate embrace one another thusly: foot to foot; knee to knee; breast to breast; hand to back; and cheek to cheek, or mouth to ear. While in this position, and at low breath, the Worshipful Master then whispers "Mah-Ha-Bone" into the ear of the candidate. "Mah-Ha-Bone" is the substitute for the Master's Word. It means, "What, the Builder!". This proper means for an exchange of the substitute for the Master's Word is alluded to in the Obligation of a Master Mason: "Furthermore, I do promise and swear that I will not give the substitute for the Master's Word in any other way or manner than that in which I receive it, which will be on the Five Points of Fellowship, and at low breath."

GRAND HAILING SIGN OF DISTRESS

After receiving instruction in the proper communication of the substitute for the Master's Word, the candidate is then instructed in regards to the Grand Hailing Sign of Distress. It is given by raising both hands toward heaven, with each arm forming the angle of a square, or a 90 degree angle. The arms are then lowered in three distinct motions to the sides. In other words, ending with both arms in the natural downward position, such as when one is standing at
"Furthermore, I do promise and swear that I will not give the Grand Hailing Sign of Distress of a Master Mason, except for the benefit of the Craft while at work or for the instruction of a Brother, unless I am in real distress; and should I see the sign given, or hear the word spoken, I will hasten to the relief of the person so giving it."

The candidate is additionally instructed, however, that if he is in a place where the sign could not be seen, he is to utter a substitute for the sign: "O Lord, my God, is there no help for the Widow's Son?" He is additionally advised that the sign and these words are never to be given together.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join