It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Senator seeks to cut aid to elite IDF units operating in West Bank and Gaza

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Good. We shouldn't be funding terrorists on either side of this pissing contest. No matter how many paid-for vacations freaking AIPAC pays for for Congress.

Does the bill stand a chance of passing? Less than a snowball's chance in hell.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Agreed. I am not American but if I were I would be royally pis*ed if 20% of my representitves were having an all expenses paid trip to listen to a bunch of Zionist bullcrap.

For critics of the Israeli government, news that 20 percent of the U.S. Congress is heading to the Jewish state during the three-week recess is a pretty clear sign that the U.S. does not use an even hand in the Middle East. While many members of Congress scheduled visits to the Palestinian territories as well, the Israel trip is sponsored by the American Israel Education Foundation, a group affiliated with the pro-Israel lobby American Israel Public Affairs Committee.

They signed up 55 Republicans and 26 Democrats, with Minority Whip Steny Hoyer leading the Democrats and House Majority Leader Eric Cantor leading a cohort of Republicans. The first group is scheduled to arrive today. The large group of vacationers (The Atlantic’s Jeffery Goldberg says the numbers “seem even higher than usual”) didn’t go unnoticed in the foreign affairs blogosphere.

jfjfp.com...

<< 1   >>

join