It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AH64 Apache Helicopters over south london

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Wasnt we told the army wouldnt get involved in the riots???

Well.....clearly in this video (as pointed out by old Charlie boy) there is an Apache Attack helicopter circling over south london. Charlie says he saw 3 on the same day...he filmed one

He only shows you the helicopter at the beginning, then goes on to talk about the riots and film Boris doing his thang with the public....so no need to watch the entire video if it doesnt interest you...the first 30 seconds is where the chopper is shown circling.

What do they think they could do with this chopper?? Blow everyone up??

This was filmed on the 10th August 2011.......

Im in Essex....so i cant say if they continue to fly around London...maybe someone in London can let us know?
edit on 16-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I'm just guessing here, but given the fact the London Authorities wouldn't authorize even low level measures of real force, I'm sure a gunship wasn't there to shoot. Although I'll just bet the Apache gunship has optics and electronic toys for looking down at a scene, such as a riot, that surpasses anything a police department could afford.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yea i first thought it was for surveillance......but that would only require 1 helicopter, 3 were seen in one day.

Our police helicopters have all the latest FLIR, they are more than capable of surveillance....the Met was borrowing choppers from other forces....which are plentiful lol.

I dunno...just seems weird having this sort of thing over a populated area.

www.met.police.uk...

This is the choppers they use (the Met)....
edit on 16-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Our police helicopters have all the latest FLIR, they are more than capable of surveillance....

Tha Apache probably has technology that we the public have not even heard of yet that makes FLIR obsolete.

Besides that, it has bigger balls too, which makes it more intimidating to potential rioters.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Our police helicopters have all the latest FLIR, they are more than capable of surveillance....

Tha Apache probably has technology that we the public have not even heard of yet that makes FLIR obsolete.

Besides that, it has bigger balls too, which makes it more intimidating to potential rioters.

Haha yea it could be used to intimidate....but would serve no other purpose really.
Police choppers can hover low over buildings and film just as well as an Apache.....an Apache would be more at home hidden under a tree line surveying from a couple of kilometers away.

The Met choppers were about 500ft at most....probably closer to 300ft when over london filming. Their cameras are more than capable of filming a persons face from this height.

It could just be intimidation like you say...whos going to riot knowing theres attack helicopters floating about, especially when most have heard of the helicopters (gunships) in Libya taking out rebels/rioters.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Apparently, the bluff wasn't terribly effective as this is the first I'd heard about gunships flying around that event at all. Perhaps the British knew full well they would never be fired on right out in the open for the world media to film and display. However bad things have gotten..I'd like to think they were perfectly reasonable in believing that.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Woah, woah woah.

That is pretty mental.

I would feel rather worried to see that awsome killing machine circling above me!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

haha Yea same here dude, a bit over kill for a few scumbag looters really.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Our Prince Harry has split from his girlfriend to concentrate on his Apache training.

www.thesun.co.uk...

just saying
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Good work by the cameraman, obviously knew what he was looking at.

There were Iraqis/Kurds in the area protecting their shops as well. Bet the Apache bought back some painful memories.

new topics

top topics

join