It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SWAT captures Australian fake bomb suspect in Ky.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

www.cnsnews.com

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — An FBI SWAT team descended on a quiet Louisville suburb to arrest a man authorities say broke into a family's home in Australia and chained a fake bomb to a teenage woman's neck as part of an extortion ploy.

Paul "Doug" Peters, 50, faces charges in Australia that include kidnapping and breaking and entering, said Luke Moore of the New South Wales Police. Peters' initial court appearance was set for Tuesday morning in Louisville and the extradition process will take about two months, authorities sai
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.google.com

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
What a strange story

Proves that truth is indeed stranger than fiction

Guy breaks in, takes nothing, places a "fake" bomb on the girls neck and a note and leaves..?

I would love to know what the note said

Then runs to the United States, Kentucky of all places!

There has to be more to this.

www.cnsnews.com

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

His capture comes nearly two weeks after 18-year-old Madeleine Pulver was attacked in the wealthy Sydney suburb of Mosman. She was alone studying for exams when a masked man broke into the house in the middle of the day, chained a device that looked like a bomb to her and left a note with demands before leaving.

CNS

I thought some more descriptive information would be helpful

If it was not for this girl obviously being frightened so badly, this could almost be funny

Semper

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Yeh there must be more to this story!

The girl's dad is a multi-millionaire, and me thinks that he pissed/burned someone during certain shady business dealings. This wasn't a random attack or blackmail, this was a "i can take away everything from you" message.

If i were the cop's i'd be telling the family to make right any enemies you've made.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Oh wow.. I posted in that original thread.. little did I know the story would be connected to my home state.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Charged with kidnapping? As far as I knew, he broke into her home and put a fake bomb around her neck. He didn't take her anywhere.

The crime of unlawfully seizing and carrying away a person by force or Fraud, or seizing and detaining a person against his or her will with an intent to carry that person away at a later time.

legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

They may have trouble getting a conviction for that.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

www.cnsnews.com

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — An FBI SWAT team descended on a quiet Louisville suburb to arrest a man authorities say broke into a family's home in Australia and chained a fake bomb to a teenage woman's neck as part of an extortion ploy.

Paul "Doug" Peters, 50, faces charges in Australia that include kidnapping and breaking and entering, said Luke Moore of the New South Wales Police. Peters' initial court appearance was set for Tuesday morning in Louisville and the extradition process will take about two months, authorities sai

Related News Links:
www.google.com

I watched this on the news as it unfolded. Poor kid. should this tool face charges under the terrorism act? It suprised me that they arrested someone in the U.S. as you'd expect arrest in the same suburb or such I tell you what it didn't take them long either.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caleb.K
Yeh there must be more to this story!

The girl's dad is a multi-millionaire, and me thinks that he pissed/burned someone during certain shady business dealings. This wasn't a random attack or blackmail, this was a "i can take away everything from you" message.

If i were the cop's i'd be telling the family to make right any enemies you've made.

her father's high up in microsoft or some such place so who he is and what he earns is probably a matter of public record. It could have just been a case of a nutter taking his pick of wealthy people.
edit on 16-8-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
After seeing the victim I can see why he attached it around her pretty neck........and not around her.......? Maybe he prefered the view that way! I guess his hoax was a bit of a booby job!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoguePhilosopher

After seeing the victim I can see why he attached it around her pretty neck........and not around her.......? Maybe he prefered the view that way! I guess his hoax was a bit of a booby job!!

That's tragic yet somehow it is funny.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows
her father's high up in microsoft or some such place so who he is and what he earns is probably a matter of public record. It could have just been a case of a nutter taking his pick of wealthy people.

It's very naive to think that because he has a 'stable' 'respectable' job with microsoft that he hasn't made dodgy investments or hob nobbed with the wrong people.

And yes it's public record that he is a multi-millionare.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

It's very naive to think that because he has a 'stable' 'respectable' job with microsoft that he hasn't made dodgy investments or hob nobbed with the wrong people.

And yes it's public record that he is a multi-millionare.

HELLO RING RING!!!!! DID I SAY THAT HE HADN"T DONE DODGY THINGS? IT"S VERY NAIVE TO LOOK AT SOMEONES POST AND NOT ACTUALY READ IT BEFORE MOUTHING OFF IN A NEGATIVE WAY AND CALLING SOMEONE NAIVE. FOR THE DUMB ONE I"LL SAY AGAIN !

IT "COULD" HAVE JUST BEEN A CASE TAKING A PICK OF WEALTHY PEOPLE" Did you understand my post this time or are you one of those people who NEED , MUST HAVE, CAN"T LIVE WITHOUT a Conspiracy?

Call me naive you twurp!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

HELLO RING RING!!!!! DID I SAY THAT HE HADN"T DONE DODGY THINGS? IT"S VERY NAIVE TO LOOK AT SOMEONES POST AND NOT ACTUALY READ IT BEFORE MOUTHING OFF IN A NEGATIVE WAY AND CALLING SOMEONE NAIVE. FOR THE DUMB ONE I"LL SAY AGAIN !

IT "COULD" HAVE JUST BEEN A CASE TAKING A PICK OF WEALTHY PEOPLE" Did you understand my post this time or are you one of those people who NEED , MUST HAVE, CAN"T LIVE WITHOUT a Conspiracy?

Call me naive you twurp!

Calm down princess.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Call me naive you twurp!

Calm down princess.

I was very calm. It was just obvious that due to your lack of comprehension of what was a very small post and should'nt have taken that much brain power to interperate yet still spured you into an unprovoked insult that I'd had better do the next one in big letters for you. I'm sure you've grown up with it and had to read big letters before so you can handle it.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
As a citizen in Louisville Ky, I'd just like to let everyone know that most of us don't travel to other countries and strap fake bombs on peoples necks attempting to ransom money.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerbyCityLights
As a citizen in Louisville Ky, I'd just like to let everyone know that most of us don't travel to other countries and strap fake bombs on peoples necks attempting to ransom money.

Haha don't worry about it. People like this have a nationality all thier own. Is he American? He might be an Aussie did a runner to the U.S. I don't know at this point.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
A news article explaining the background of the suspect.

www.heraldsun.com.au...
edit on 17-8-2011 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Bizarre story gets more bizarre...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
At least the bomb, although a hoax wasnt booby trapped.

top topics

join