It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TOS and denying ignorance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Something bothers me about this site. While I love ATS, I have noticed a glaring hole in the motto, "Deny Ignorance". To deny ignorance means that every subject matter must be open for discussion. However, this site does exactly that.
I am referring to section 16e, last sentence , and subsection I within the TOS. While I am not advocating anything within section 16e, I am wondering why there is not a forum within ATS that it is an acceptable topic. The forum could have a legal disclaimer that must be clicked before entering, stating that ATS does not advocate, promote, agree with anything found in the forum. The TOS regarding mentioning personal use could still be upheld while allowing members (only) to discuss the various conspiratorial angles regarding these subject matters. Any threads along these lines that appear outside of this forum could still be dealt with in the usual manner, while the mods could direct members (via U2U) to the appropriate forum.
This is just an idea. It could be done, and would make both the for and against groups happy.
Solve the problem, don't stifle it. Live up to the motto. Really and truly deny ignorance.
-Peace

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
you're not going to get anywhere around here with these type of threads, its most likely going to end up getting removed since you're basically bashing ATS for not living up to its motto

heres some advice

No more "I THINK THIS ABOUT ATS" topics
Take that to another forum
or you're going to end up getting banned

edit on 16-8-2011 by AzazeI because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LobeDethFaurt

Explanation: We agreed to be under both US Federal and Arizona State laws [12c) Choice of Law.].

This is not a ATS issue but instead a US Federal issue and ATS to remain open obeys the laws of the USA and the State of Arizona.

Personal Disclosure: Take up the case with your local politicians to apply pressure to get the situation resolved politically, as pushing the issue here on ATS is a dead end!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
They got ya by the balls*

*tennis balls

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I'm not bashing ATS, I'm simply issuing a challenge. This can, and should, be done. I just wonder if it ever will.
Peace

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
double post

edit on 16-8-2011 by LobeDethFaurt because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LobeDethFaurt
I'm not bashing ATS, I'm simply issuing a challenge. This can, and should, be done. I just wonder if it ever will.
Peace

bro i'm with you 100%, i'm telling you this because I already know how the mods are

you're like the 2198129121298120920232813282 person to post something like this. its nothing new among old ats'ers, we know the game skeptic is playing, we're on his field so we gotta play by their rules

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Ah, it's not an ATS issue...I guess that is the problem with just assuming something. Thanks for setting me straight.
Once again, it seems to be a case of another loss of free speech...To quote a somewhat famous rock band, "The government totally sucks, you mother (bleep)..."

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Uhm... There is an alternative substances forum...

About the sub forum:

Welcome to the new "Alternative Substances" forum, dedicated to serious discussions about the myriad of valid health, misinformation, and conspiratorial issues related to illicit drugs and illegal controlled substances.

No one at ATS has ever argued the simple fact that there are many highly-valid conspiracies surround drugs and drug misinformation, especially in the United States. These are issues that deserve to be discussed on ATS, however, due to "stoners" more interested in promoting their personal use than serious discussion, it's been difficult for us to foster an environment where serious discussion can prevail.

This new forum will never be available to guests, only logged-in members can see the threads and posts. Also, topics from this forum will never appear on the site home or other pages that rank popular and important threads. It's a private, members-only forum.
Our strict rules against the discussion of personal recreational use of drugs -- including naturally-occuring mind-altering substances -- is still in place. Any member discussing, promoting, or otherwise alluding to personal recreational and/or so-called "self-medicating" use of drugs in this forum may be immediately banned from ATS without warning.

What more were you looking for?
edit on 16-8-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

I never knew about that forum!!!, sweet dude thanks for the link xD

man i need to browse more i've been missing out on the drug topics

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Oh look, Ignorance denied.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Thank you! This is exactly what I was talking about. I guess the only ignorance being denied is my own. I shall attempt to be more observant in the future. ATS ROCKS!!!
Peace peace...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LobeDethFaurt

Just what part of you're personal drug use experiences constitutes a conspiracy?

This is a site for conspiracies, not stories of personal drug use.

new topics

top topics

join