It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new thread I hope as some I have posted were deleted for being comparable to another. If we take

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a pipeline that is of great thickness and tapper it slightly in winter in Canada starting at the great lakes and ending at the north pole; would it keep feep feedong itself and propel it's self forward feeding ice onto the ending?To clarify the most I can; imagine it tappering very slightly growing towards up north and since as water expands to ice 9%; shouldn't it compress it's self forward while siphoning a feed from a lake?
edit on 16-8-2011 by MichelJCardin because: (no reason given)
I did give this some thought in the past and came up with that the center core would need to be frozen aswell as the outer area as not to have an effect of the slushing center to force backwards.
Ok; I have an experament for you; take a pipe that tappers growing bigger at one end and fill it of water with the small end very small and when at end and you have frozen this water; will the small end be retracting forward or secreeting with ice?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Um, what? I'm not sure what you're getting at...like a straw to feed the north pole? Please clarify...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MichelJCardin

OP please clarify! I have no idea were you are going with this. Though, I would like to know.

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Bananna......Should the help vintage the second grass? A passionate vain runs a parallel champagne.

Thats what your post is saying to me....i dont understand what you are on about.

EDIT: Whoever flagged this....care to translate as you clearly understand what the OP is saying

edit on 16-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Ok I kinda get what your saying it. I think. It wouldn't work because you need liquid to enter the small end and freeze, with more liquid being forced in to the small end as this liquid is freezing. You would then need it to stay frozen, defy gravity and thaw. Then accumulate more water re-freeze and start all over. I have no clue why I responded in such a civil way to such a well written piece. Wow night shifts.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
In my most humble opinion I say, no this will not do what I believe you are attempting to accompolish.

IF your Idea is to move water from one place to another your pipe would need insulation or a heating strip.

If not you would simply have the proviable frozen pipe that may or may not burst.

Even down here in the deep south our water pipes freeze and burst if not taken care of properly.

Wait, what exactly was the goal you had in mind for your pipe?
You may disregard my answer as I am not competely sure what you are talking about.

But I can always come up with an answer to any question when I am awake at 5am.

But really would like to know the purpose of the pipe.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

I do understand your worry but you must imagine it as hypertetical and thus this pipe is as thick as needed in complience with the force; being it as thick as one mile or whatever needed.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Is this an improvement on your idea for an Inflatable Blow-Up Cone OP? Cuz I liked that one better.
What is the largest blow-up cone you could build and why could you not build it higher?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Bananna......Should the help vintage the second grass? A passionate vain runs a parallel champagne.

Thats what your post is saying to me....i dont understand what you are on about.

EDIT: Whoever flagged this....care to translate as you clearly understand what the OP is saying

edit on 16-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

That response alone was worth reading this thread for!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Look up @micheljcardin on twitter

top topics

join