It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IPAD HELP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Hello ATS world, i need to make a presentation on the ipad, but i want it so that when i turn the ipad off and on the presentation remains on start-up.

Obviously it would need a password so that you could regain full function of the ipad. As the ipad is being sent away with a presentation in it that the recipient is to see. It would look unprofessional if the ipad was given and the recipient had to navigate the ipad inorder to view this presentation.

I know that one way to do this would be to create an app that has the above functions. But does anyone know any alternate solutions??

All of your help will be deeply appreciated, thanks.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I would be surprised if even an App would do this because when you shut the IPad off it shuts the operating system down. The operating system at startup shows your App collection and I've seen no evidence that it is able to autostart an App.

Likely the best you'll be able to do is take all of your Apps off of the start page (move them to the adjacent left or right page so they are invisible to the user) and have just one Icon on the middle of the page for your presentation App. You can go a step further by creating a background image which matches the theme of the presentation and instructs the user to press the icon to start. In essence then the background image becomes page one of your presentation.

Potentially you could improve this even further by writing an app with a specific icon that matches the theme of the presentation. The App would then start the presentation software of which you've also placed the icon off screen.

I'm not 100% sure this is the only solution and there may in fact already be a presentation software that autostarts. I suggest you have a thorough stroll through the App store, post this question on Yahoo Answers, and Google it as well.
Cheers,
D.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

thanks buddy, you gave me a lot of help

cheers

join