It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we lying to ourselves about everything?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Most theories are just speculation about existence and our universe. We know so little. What we witness as the universe may simply be the tip of the ice berg of existence. In fact what we call universe could be nothing more than something like a single cell on something in an entirely larger different inknown existence.

Our big bang may have been nothing more than two black holes at the edge of other unknown parts of the universe, or some unknown phenomena colliding. Or maybe there was just a bunch of gas floating around and each galaxy was created uniquely on its own by gravity collecting the gas into suns then black holes etc..

Galaxies may be being propeled by their own inate energies, created by their own center massive black holes instead of being propelled by a big bang. The back ground noise could be something other than big bang noise.. none of it is definatively proven. In fact today's science is building new thoeries based on other thoeries that have yet to be proven. In my book thats just guess work and speculation.

Truth is we no nothing and can only speculate on how and what it all is. Untill we, if ever, find ways to travel faster than light, warp space or at least see much much farther into the universe, we will never answer these questions.

Scary as it sounds, we could be nothing more than a program and there is no way for you to prove that wrong, at least not now.

We owe it to ourselves to quickly spread man out into the universe as we could be the only intelligent life that will ever populate existence and if we get hit by that asteroid we may squander realities only chance at permanent consiousness.

We human beings are the consiousness of the entire known universe.

Without us, nothing exists. Prove me wrong?

The universe may end on your death.

Human imagination, conjured up as religion, is the only proof that there is more to life than mater and energy and sadly death. Scary huh?

X

[edit on 19-8-2004 by Xeven]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
It's like if a tree falls in the woods and nobody hears it, does it make any sound?

I personaly like to think that we are not alone in this universe. With all the
diversety in this world, i think its selfish to think that we are the only inteligent
beings in the universe.

About the background radiation. I'fe just read a book on the subject and i still
think its a puzzeling question: big bang or all was just always here and matter
collects in some other dimension and manifetz here in this continium as planets,
matter, humans, aliens(?), etc.....

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Without necessarily addressing every point, I think I can speak to the general idea by saying that we are only lying to ourselves if we mistake our perceptions of reality for actual reality.

Good luck sorting those two out, however.

The great wonder of consciousness is that we are given a universe, or multiverse, or All That There Is Without Exception to explore as our abilities permit.

That, in itself, is a pretty darn cool thing to ponder.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I see what you are saying, and you could very well be right. A few things though......

1)our current science is in fact based mostly on known things. We KNOW that our bodies are made of cells - you can see them in a microscope. So I would sy that thoretical sciebce could be quite flawed

then there is this:

Originally posted by Xeven
Human imagination, conjured up as religion, is the only proof that there is more to life than mater and energy and sadly death. Scary huh?

Now, I am not religious at all - I do not practice anything, go to hurch ect ect. On the flip side of the coin I do ot dismiss God, and in fact find myself more and more convinced He is real. The reason is all around you - you I this planet, we all exist. Without a god, there can't (at least I can't imagine) existance (as in matter, time ect) coming from the absence of existance.

Just food for thought.....

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
The great wonder of consciousness is that we are given a universe, or multiverse, or All That There Is Without Exception to explore as our abilities permit.

I'fe we had the ability to look into the fifth dimension then the world and
universe looks alot diferent i think. Then a lot of questions would be very
easy to explane....

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
When the world is driven by money, theories are bound to change to fit the circumstances. To mention one example: medication has gotten out of hand, ask anyone thats dependent on Zoloft or Paxil, or has allergies.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
We human beings are the consiousness of the entire known universe.

Without us, nothing exists. Prove me wrong?

The universe may end on your death. .....

that makes us sound real important in the cosmic scheme of things, like the universe can't get along without us. but i would place my bet on the other side of the spectrum:

in the perspective of the universe, intelligent life is a virulent cancer threatening the overall health of the cosmos. the universe is attempting to remedy this threat with progressively increased doses of radiation upon an especially active area of the tumor, earth. it's taking a long time and the universe will probably lose a galactic "arm" in the process but eventually the cancer will be exterminated and the universe will move on, cancer-free.

top topics

join