It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actual size of the universe.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
the universe can't be infinite, it can't go on forever. because infinite and forever are words that don't mean anything. they are "cop out" words.they are words we use to explain the unexplainable...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Like God ?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
All I can say is ..........................................................................

WOW!!!!

Great post! S&F!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by blocula

Like God ?
exactly...here's some words that we use that don't really mean anything...forever,infinite,eternity,perfect,god...explaining the unexplainable and for what it's worth.nothing is perfect.if everyone was beautiful,no one would be beautiful.if everyone was rich,no one would be rich...

when trying to understand and visualize where and how the universe ends..."it ends with a wall"...then what's on the other side of that wall"..."more space" and so on and so on...i believe we have reached the limits of our comprehension...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

That is a beautiful way of saying... We simply fail to understand...

Bravo... I applaud you for it....

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
All I can say is ..........................................................................

WOW!!!!

Great post! S&F!
i'll second that WOW!!! especially the comparison of star sizes.how they keep getting larger and larger...unbelievable...p.s. i sent you a u2u...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Your step by step increase of the size of the universe is impressive. The next step in size is that the obsevable universe is quite a bit smaller then the actual universe. And the next step is that the actual universe is just one of many universes in the multiverse. The multiverse itself may be just one of many multiverses. And each cluster of multiverses could again be one of many clusters of multiverses. There may very well be an infinite chain of progressively bigger and bigger structures.

Tom Weiss

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

When we die , our bodies decompose into molecules which then recombine with other molecules to form new structures. Our consciousness changes right along with this new recombination. I'm not claiming to know exactly what this change is, but it could involve losing our curent five senses and maybe experiencing other senses.

tomweiss

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I believe that one day mankind will discover that there is no limit to the "entire universe." It stretches into infinity and when we discover this, we won't be dumbfounded about how insignificant we are but stand in awe that we a part of something magnificent.

We are not the center looking out in every direction. There is no center nor an edge. No up nor down. We see the universe as a person can see the world from their back yard.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Heres a thread i started a couple of months ago that concerns exactly what you are talking about www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Awesome post. Can't get enough of these even if they're just repeats.

If I recall right, a soccer ball 60 feet from a period is comparable to the sun/earth relationship with respect to size and distance. The period is the size of a period on a piece of paper.
edit on 30-11-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Wow! Excellent post. You must haves spent a very long time compiling it, we all thank you!

How very very small we are. Like insignificant specs of dust. How can anyone look at that and not believe in God?
"If there is a painting there must be a painter. If there is a creation then there must be a creator." Not a man sitting on a throne, calling himself God, but some devine energy, some state of utter perfection that we cannot begin to try and understand.

How amazing that all this lies within the human being! Every single one of us!

The meaning of 'the macrocosm lies within the microcosm, and the microcosm lies within the macrocosm' is that through the right form of meditation we can actually leave the body and enter all the worlds ever created, and retrace our footsteps back to the creator, while we are alive! All religions that was ever formed had this at its basis, with a benevolent Son, coming to show us the way. Unfortunately, they can only do this while they are in the flesh, and when they die, we create religions around them through which we cannot find this mystic path.

Whilst this is an unfimiliar concept to most, it is probably the best kept secret of our own existance, but has been set out as a concept by many philosphers, such as Rudolf Steiner, amongst many. Link:davidlavery.net...

If we have all this, and so much more within us, then we can truly say: we are amazing!!!! (simply because He, in whos image we are created, is amazing.)

Christians, please don't flog me to death. I know you do not agree. Stay sweet!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I just found the perfect video ! This guy shows how far it really is to the nearest star. Proxima Centauri.

He's using a gym that can fit our solarsystem. Can you guess how far he must travel by car to the nearest star ?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The universe is 1 univ in size. When we ask how large it is that is it.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
the universe can't be infinite, it can't go on forever. because infinite and forever are words that don't mean anything. they are "cop out" words.they are words we use to explain the unexplainable...

Actually, it is perfectly acceptable for the universe in its present state to be described as infinite,
It is still in its expansion phase, Which mean it doesnt have a maximum size yet.
Your scientists have observed this in what they call 'red shift' in the stars.

Accept it, It is true.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
For all we know, the universe is a seed pod, or a grain of sand, or an atom, with infinity within channels.

Horton Hears a Who!!!

How do measure infinity, and there are potential infinities within everything.

And its the most wonderful mind boggling, mind freeing understanding there is.

Time is just a program, you can locate every clip of film and arrive and leave from that clip to spend 'time" with family and then reappear to help/guide once again, so called time travel of Higher Ups, progressed souls.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
The people from hubble decided to focus on the hubble deep field project.
They will look at the exact patch of sky, this time adding the new technologies we've developed since.

The following link will lead you to the article:
hubblesite.org...

I think the hubble deep field pictures excel, in making me feel the most humblest I can be. Amazing.

posted on Oct, 5 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Maybe my thread has given some science guys an idea, cause they have now made an episode,
on The Universe. Season 7

They explain how big, how far, how fast, it all is. They use a form of speed and size that we understand, and scale it down, very interesting to watch.

Enjoy !

The You tube tab, didn't gave me a working video, so I'll give only the link to the episode.

You tube video
edit on 10/5/2013 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   

blocula

If the universe stops somewhere, what is beyond that?

What if our universe is just a "bubble" of matter and energy in the endless and eternal multiverse?

posted on Oct, 6 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Amazing thread you have here.

I came across an Episode of the universe that is perfect for this thread.

Documentary The Universe How Big How far How fast
www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYeH58m5AFw
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join