It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Actual size of the universe.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

absolutely right...this just doesnt even begin to show exactly how big the universe is.

im all for everyone having their own opinion....but anybody with the opinion that earth is the only planet with life on it...is a freakin moron

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo

absolutely right...this just doesnt even begin to show exactly how big the universe is.

im all for everyone having their own opinion....but anybody with the opinion that earth is the only planet with life on it...is a freakin moron

If there is stars out there that big there could be worlds 100 times bigger than earth with intelligent life forms 100 times bigger than us!

World of the giants!
edit on 16-8-2011 by wisper because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

"Sure glad God made all of that just for us and us alone."

Hrmmmm.......................

Yeah......................."us and us alone."

Hrmm............................

I'm not a rocket scientist but I mean.........

Yeah......................................................

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Awwwwwwwwesssssommmmmmmme thread..........wow.......blew me away...........the expanse of it all......

I wonder where all the E.T's live.....

Where are the service stations/recharge facilities?

Do they have Travel Lodges?

I can't get my head around the London A to Z......Imagine what the universe/solar sytem version of A to Z is like.....

Wow, they must be briliant drivers, they never seem to crash around this neck of the woods very often, do they?

Awesome....cheers.......

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Great thread S&F. If you do the reverse and look at the universe on an atomic
and sub atomic scale, the distances between them and even there constituent
parts [relative to their size] is just as mind boggling.
www.phrenopolis.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

OUR universe???? infintessimal and getting bigger by the day (Is that possible??)
How big is that ??
Bigger than a Yorkie Bar.... or a Milky way... the sweet you can eat in between meals without ruining your appetite

PEACE,
RK

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Are there any square planets or trapezoidal planets.All planets cant be perfectly round.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
Are there any square planets or trapezoidal planets.All planets cant be perfectly round.

they arent...the earth isnt "perfectly" round...look it up

but no...there are no square or trapezoidal planets...because a planets rotation and gravity is what makes them have that circular shape.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This is my first post... I normally just browse the site but I had to comment on this post
That was absolutely awe inspiring... Thanks for that.

And thanks to the others that posted related videos and webpages.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
i believe the size of the universe is un-measurable, but i could be wrong there

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I bought a few planets years ago for some investments through the international star registry.I am willing to sell if the price is right

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I've heard that the actual size of the actual universe, compared to the size of the known universe, is that of a light year - to the diameter, of a golfball..

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Wow, I've never actually thought about how big the universe is... and I don't think I can imagine it right away.. seems like an interesting endeavor.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
thanks for posting these - I love this kind of things.
It makes you think how truly insignificant we are - not even a dot in the vastness of space - which is so big it truly boggles my mind

Makes me wonder how many other civilisations are out there in the vastness of space - the simple law of averages dictates that given the sheer number of stars in our galaxy alone - there simply has to be other civilisations out there - probably wondering the same thing.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Despite being 150 million km away, you can still feel the warmth of the sun on your face! Makes you realise just how big and powerful this thing is!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This blows the theory that "god made man in his own image" completely out of the water.

"We are nothing but dust in the hands of the creator" - Me sometime in 2010 after staring at the sky for too long

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by old_god
This blows the theory that "god made man in his own image" completely out of the water.

"We are nothing but dust in the hands of the creator" - Me sometime in 2010 after staring at the sky for too long

And before someone asks how, just look at the scale of everything. Take that into account, and then try to imagine god being this being that is beyond all of this, that created something so unimaginably vast...are you telling me that god is less than his own creation?

I want to submit to the Creator of creation, not the creation itself...That's why when someone tries to quantify god in the realms of this world I know they are not talking to the same god as me.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

VV Cephei

I love the cosmos, it's so amazing that I'd have to make another thread just to tell you how amazing it is.
Thanks for sharing this, I've seen it all before, but it's always nice to see it again.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Brilliantly constructed thread..
Well done , i thoroughly enjoyed reading your op

S&F

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo

and when I say that people think I am a kook.
There is no way we are the only life in the universe.
Even without having met other life, just with the existence of those other galaxies and stars.
Hopefully none of them come and pull an eminent domain on us.

Jack Chalker had a trilogy called the Quinatara Marathon.
Humankind started exploring space and got captured and split among three different empires.
And then they met demons.
lolz

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join