It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally someone listened

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Today I would like to applaud the mainstream news site of Politico for standing up and being courageous, they heard the wrath of the peasants banging at their doors and took notice. As I brought myself to check on Politico today after watching the video of one Politico report on CNN saying Ron Paul will be ignored and the article “Bachmann comes in 1st, Pawlenty comes in 3rd” which angered me, I immediately saw a page with not one but two different articles dealing with the media blackout of Ron Paul’s strong second place showing in the Ames Straw Poll.

Ron Paul supporters decry media neglect

Ron Paul finished just 152 votes behind Michele Bachmann in the Ames Straw Poll, but from the headlines and TV news coverage, it’s hard to tell he even showed up.

With the exception of The New York Times and The Des Moines Register, most major newspaper headlines didn’t even mention his name in their reports of Saturday’s contest. Nor was he anywhere to be found on the Sunday morning talk shows.

Ron Paul remains media poison

I admit I do not fully understand Ron Paul and his beliefs. But I do understand when a guy gets shafted, and Ron Paul just got shafted.

On Saturday, the Ames Straw Poll was conducted in Iowa amid huge media interest and scrutiny. The results were enough to force one Republican candidate, Tim Pawlenty, out of the race, and catapult another, Michele Bachmann, into the “top tier.”

So thank you Politico for listening to us peasants even if it only was for the fact that you received dozens of angry messages, at least you stood up and said something which is more than what we have got from any other mainstream news outlet.
edit on 8/16/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I think the MSM idiots are going to get a surprise this time regarding Ron Paul. It is not lost on the people that the media failed to do their job regarding Obama, and I think them ignoring Ron Paul is making people angry.

Those high poll numbers for him are not generating themselves. What RP says is resonating with a lot of people in both parties because it makes sense and he is unwavering in his beliefs.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
This is all I have to say about Ron Paul.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/363f0397ee94.png[/atsimg]

Peace
edit on 8/16/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

This is good news.

Now that news is out that he's being blacklisted, it will begin to snowball by means of the net.

The media is going to have a hard time coming up with excuses for hiding him now.

+1 for the internet

More sources picking it up:
blogs.abcnews.com...
edit on 8/16/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Bravo! The Daily Show did a piece on this madness:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
He just speaks too much truth, imo. His ideas would cramp the styles of too many power and money groups, and this is why they are shunning him. It's a sad injustice....but at the same time, I can objectively see the logic behind it, not that I agree. Should be an interesting run for the white house next year.

spec
edit on 16-8-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I cant wait until the next Major event like this.

Is there another one comming? Im not too sure how this process works.

Anyone help me out here with this one? Whats next?

I know Paul has a bigger, much bigger lead than all the contenders, as long as they do the polling right and start being honest for a change and giving him and his posse the credit they deserve.

Cant hide the man forever, hes commin to get ya.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Gold. This is huge. Already, it's everywhere now.

Thanks for posting, because I'd have overlooked it.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I certainly agree with the majority in that Paul's candor scares the hell out of the status quo in general, especially the Media. They don't know where to pigeon hole him, they don't know if they should attack him or praise him because he is so different from the typical candidates that we have been spoon fed over the years.

I'm just glad he's not running as a third party candidate. That would spell DISASTER.

The secret is out with Ron Paul. Just take him in small doses at first.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Ron Paul is truly a great candidate who would no doubt fix the problems in America. But since TPTB have an agenda, I doubt they will allow him to win.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I really hope Ron Paul wins, I feel sorry for him in that he will have a massive job to do to try and fix the damage done by the zionists already, but every other candidate will just make it worse.

All the Paul supporters need to do everything they can do to get that man to power.
edit on 16-8-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Had to give you a bump Misoir, thanks for bringing this to our attention. I know little about Ron Paul, but efforts to "shaft" him have made me interested.

S&F

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
God Bless the New Apostalic Reformation. May they lead America back to God. Michelle Bachmann, you have my vote.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Next election demand a paper ballot, because if those Diebold polling P.O.S.'s are in the booth then you KNOW that the election is rigged. Or demand a paper receipt showing your vote choices, hell, print 2 one for you, and one for the ballot box.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Isn't it funny how very hard his message is being suppressed? Online polls being pulled, treating his second place finish in the Ames straw poll like he was never there or TV anchors taking lame, random swipes at him.

No pattern here folks.

Maybe it's because if the majority of people actually heard his positions they would start waking up and asking questions of the established?

Can't have that, now can we?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Now that the media is aware that WE are aware of their BS, they will cover Ron Paul to keep ratings, but its only a matter of appeasing us...

I mean, its not like they started covering him because it was the RIGHT thing to do. Three words.

Cover
Your
Ass(ets)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Once they're done with their thinly veiled attempt to marginalize Dr. Paul, their next project will be to demonize him by misrepresenting his positions. A Drudge linked article last night on Politico addressed the media blackout. However, all they had to say about his positions were that he was extreme and "advoates legalizing heroine and succession." Thus, even if they do mention him they'll offer a scary, incomplete and thereby misleading take on him.

Just caught this article linked through Drudge:
Ron Paul calls GOP contenders 'Smooth talking politicians'

Ron Paul, the libertarian wolf dressed in Republican clothing, blasted his fellow GOP presidential aspirants on Monday in a video that calls them the same kind of politicians as President Obama.

Perhaps more importantly, Paul has set the intellectual tone for at least part of his party and paved the way for the "tea party" movement and its strength in the GOP. He has ridden the wave of fascination with Austrian economist Friedrich Hayek and his free-market vision of small government as the road to freedom. In his video, Paul also pledged to “stop the spending, save the dollar" and "create jobs" -- the mantra in the 2012 presidential sweepstakes.

On foreign affairs, Paul said he will "bring peace," ending U.S. military involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan and the U.S. role along with NATO in Libya. As a libertarian, Paul has long opposed U.S. intervention abroad, putting him at odds with parts of his own party that favors a robust U.S. presence on the world scene.

Apart fron initially characterizing Dr. Paul as a "wolf" , the article is more fair than not IMHO. Bless Drudge once again for getting it out there.
edit on 16-8-2011 by robyn because: format

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Unfortunately, this does not go far enough. Do an experiment:

1) Go to bing.com and click on news.

2) Search for "election 2012" and you'll be greet by about 10 different Rick Perry and Mitt Romney stories followed by a People in the News - guess who -- Obama, Perry, and Romney.

3) Now add "ron paul" to the search so "election 2012 ron paul" and then you'll be greeted by stories blasting Ron Paul and again guess who the People in the News are? Not Ron Paul.

Down the left side you'll see related links and anything with Ron Paul's name in it will be normal font and anything with Obama, Perry or Romney will be bold.

How do you defeat a trillion dollar oligarchy?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
they just did a 10 minute spot on CNN asking veiwers is Ron Paul is the only adult among the Republican nominees, then they read latters on air and all of them were pro Paul. something seems weird here to me, they cannot just flip a switch like that, i feel something else is happening. maybe im wrong and they are realizing now that ron paul is really the only repub that could beat obama, imo. so it really comes down to the choice do you want Obama for another 4 years? or do you want Ron Paul.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Meekbot2000

Pardon my jaded-ness but they probably hope to divide and conquer. Either that or they're out to show how "fair" they are. I like your take on it better though.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Politics is a dirty business, and they will use every trick in the book legal or otherwise to achieve their
aims. Lobbying,influencing the media, and downright manipulation of polls is just the tip of the iceburg.
Just wait till the electoral college has their say. Most folks are fooled by the taxpayer paid sharp suits,
bleached teeth, crafted smiles(and lies),impeccable haircuts,and neat little American Flag pins.
It has become a red,white,and blue game show unworthy of the true title of Leadership of The United States
of America and ALL of her Citizens. It is shameful really, and sadly disappointing.

Great Post, S&F

top topics

<<   2 >>

join