It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can i escape society...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I hate our society...i just want to escape, not kill myself or anything, but i want to find somewhere void of civilization, where i can settle, build my own home, and live off the land...I have no desire for money, a career, or technology...i just want to live a peaceful, simple life...but apparently, thats illegal to do here in the good ol' US of A -_-

I dont care if its legal or not...i just dont know how to escape society..ive posted elsewhere on the net, and people just dont seem to get my point, but im hoping, you, the knowledgable people of ATS would.

I dont want to have to deal with money after im an adult...i dont want to have to pay taxes, bills, or anything...its not because i dont want to spend money...i just dont want money at all. I want to provide for myself, everything i need to live. I want to hunt for meat, not buy meat that's full of industry chemicals, i want to grow my own produce, fish my own fish, build my own home...i dont want any of society's "benefits"...i just want to live like humans have for thousands of years, before the industrial age.

I dont want to "go off the grid", and go green or anything...i dont want to start a movement, i want to do this alone, with my future wife, for ourselves...

But i dont get why this is illegal...how do i get away?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8fl0z
I hate our society...i just want to escape, not kill myself or anything, but i want to find somewhere void of civilization, where i can settle, build my own home, and live off the land...I have no desire for money, a career, or technology...i just want to live a peaceful, simple life...but apparently, thats illegal to do here in the good ol' US of A -_-

I dont care if its legal or not...i just dont know how to escape society..ive posted elsewhere on the net, and people just dont seem to get my point, but im hoping, you, the knowledgable people of ATS would.

I dont want to have to deal with money after im an adult...i dont want to have to pay taxes, bills, or anything...its not because i dont want to spend money...i just dont want money at all. I want to provide for myself, everything i need to live. I want to hunt for meat, not buy meat that's full of industry chemicals, i want to grow my own produce, fish my own fish, build my own home...i dont want any of society's "benefits"...i just want to live like humans have for thousands of years, before the industrial age.

I dont want to "go off the grid", and go green or anything...i dont want to start a movement, i want to do this alone, with my future wife, for ourselves...

But i dont get why this is illegal...how do i get away?

Move to Mexico.
2nd

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Suidide is the option, or you could be sick of your surroundings that creates depression too; move to another country.
edit on 16-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I don't know if this is possible in the USA but in Australia a guy wanted to do a similar thing.

Start your own principality....Though you will have to own the land first.

www.hutt-river-province.com...

In the UK a similar thing happened on an old WWII man made outpost.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 16/8/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Suidide is the option, or you could be sick of your surroundings that creates depression too; move to another country.

"i just want to escape, not kill myself or anything"

Im not depressed, dont come at me with depressing bulls--t. I just want to live a happy, healthy, peaceful life, not end it all...dont be stupid.

Suicide is for pussies.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

welcome to the club....

everyone else drinks alcohol to escape or are medicated on an anti depressant of some sort....

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

But the thing is...is that i dont want any ties to society, i want to escape, and disappear...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

you want to escape... build your own home...live off the land!!!

you want what everyone else wants...

so selfish.... what are you going to do for the land?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
This place isn't real, actually all of this is a subliminal trance state
we think is actual matter,it's not.

Check out the website on my Signature if you're tired of this place,
most people are fed up with it. There is only one way to escape
this and that is to become aware of what's real and what's illusion.

The more you attempt to escape from the Illusion, the more you
scenarios you create within the Illusion
edit on 16-8-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

But the thing is...is that i dont want any ties to society, i want to escape, and disappear...

The problem you have here is that all of the land in the world has been claimed by one country or another (with exception of Antarctica). Your only other option would be to buy an Island from a poor country such as Indonesia or build an island and anchor it in international waters.

www.privateislandsonline.com...
edit on 16/8/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by 8fl0z

you want to escape... build your own home...live off the land!!!

you want what everyone else wants...

so selfish.... what are you going to do for the land?

But no one is serious about it like i am. Theres no shaking me in what i want to do.

And i dont see how wanting to leave society, and live on my own, relying on myself is selfish...i mean...im sorry for not wanting to stay stuck in the current system we live in...i guess? I dont follow your logic.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Listen, I take your question seriously and I assure you, it can be done.

There are remote places in the US where people can live off the land, build primitive housing for themselves and not interact with anyone.

If you are a young person however, you will miss out on key development in maturity and social interaction. But I'm not dissing it - if you want to be a recluse, you can do it.

There are remote islands surrounding the US where folks can live anywhere from trees to caves with absolutely no interaction from society while eating fruits and roots.

Of course, there will be consequences so be careful what you wish for.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Eh...ill find some place in a forest, probably Alaska, and dig in there...its not like the government monitors every square mile of its land, especially in Alaska...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

What are you doing for the land we stand on today?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by antoinemarionette

Consequences? Please elaborate

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Survival in this way would be extremely difficult. I've thought a lot about it as well, and have had many great conversations with my girlfriend about it. She's a lot smarter than I am and definitely opened my eyes to the reality of life as we know it. Today we as a society place a very heavy reliance on interconnectedness and division of labor. I told the girlfriend I'm tired of eating poisoned food all the time and I just want to be afforded the opportunity to provide for myself. She explained that doing so would mean devoting every waking moment to the basic needs of life. Food, shelter, water. This would leave no time for other more enjoyable aspects of life-music, philosophy, games, social interaction. We rely on so many other people doing lots of little small things so that no one person is required to do everything.

This is what allowed what we call civilization to spring about in the first place. People divided up their labor and finally had time to sit down and just think stuff up. Write songs. Get practice doing things other than pure survival.

Not to mention what happens when we have kids one day? They will need to be fed and cared for as well, and will be mostly helpless little whelps for quite some time.

I mean if you want to do it, by all means go for it. I would suggest some sort of commune though. At least 50 or so. But you will have a very difficult, uncomfortable, probably mostly miserable existence until the day you die of some bacterial infection, broken limb complications, starvation because you had some dental problem and can't operate on your own grill, the list goes on. We need other people. The world is tough place.

Hate to poohpooh on your dream. It's just reality.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

"i just want to escape, not kill myself or anything"

Im not depressed, dont come at me with depressing bulls--t. I just want to live a happy, healthy, peaceful life, not end it all...dont be stupid.

Suicide is for pussies.

There aren't any options then, try meditation. Live in a forest, there is no easy way to tell you this. You basically want to move off the grid or live in another country

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
selfish in that you want to live off the land... your idea of escape is to own a part of the earth to do your own thing.... your only thinking about yourself ...

reply to post by ShadowZion

well, I was born into the world and I don't own any of it...nor do I want to.
I do try to look after it though...and the animals...

there is not much else to do...

edit on 16-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: edit to add

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I understand you sooooo well what you mean!
I live in Germany (but I am not a german). And i am so sick of it too. I go to work everyday, and then i get only 50% of my paycheck, cuz everything else goes to taxes, and church taxes (that's right - a catholic church taxes so that those "priests" can buy the newest mercedes every year)... after work i drive home - i put on the radio, to listen some news, but all i hear is about what is BS, then they play some trash music like lady gaga or rihana, and etc. You can't even hear anymore any normal song on the radio. All we can buy in the stores to eat -- is GM food. So i don't even have a right to buy a healthy food. I pay taxes for having a tv at home, even though all i see on it it is a constant new series of "reality" show or some sex related noncense. I have to pay taxes for trash, pay taxes even for that stupid radio, pay taxes for my dog... pay taxes for car, and they took away out of market a normal gas - all ican put in now is ethanol gas.So i put in, drive, and just wait until my car will brake down...
I am soooo sick of it all. I am planing to move and start anew again. What is the point of paying 300 euros a month for the church that i don't even believe in? What is the point to pay my retirement where is the chance that i wont even get it, like U.S. someday? What is the point to pay for anything, even food that is poisonous? This is only stupid!
You are U.S. citizen. You can go almost any country you want. I would suggest France country side - the weather is clean, lots of land, woods, food is NOT GM, there are not many people, because everyone is moving to cities. Or - Alaska. I would not suggest to move to asian countries. But do your resource. If you want to be free - Just move, and once you are there where you want to be - don't put your self in a system anymore - don't register anywhere, you can even lose your passport after you don't need it. There is a law called "water" law and "earth" law. I know it sounds crazy but if you study it, you will see that people who are in a system - from the moment they get a birth certificate - they fall under a "water" law, which is a coorporate law. What you want to be is under "earth" law - that means you dont have a name, lastname, you are not in a system, and no one can arrest you, put charges on you, all the laws don't apply to you anymore.I know it sounds crazy, but please inform yourself,so you are free, do your resource! You will see what i am talking about.
Wish you the best! I am glad there are still people like you in this world who are not corrupt by media, by the newest "toys", and quostions everything. BE proud! yOU ARE ONE IN A MILLION WHO IS NOT INDOCTRINATED AND BRAINWASHED! BE PROUD OF YOURSELF.
P.S. sorry for my poor language, it's my fifth language, so I am not that good in it.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

I dont mind having to deal with any of the hardships, i know it wont be easy, but it will be a better life than a life within society...

You said something about devoting every second of my waking life to survival...i am but an animal of this Earth, is this not what animals do every day of their lives? If you think about it...going to college, starting a career and doing what you love...its all in our imaginations, theres no point to it all. We all die, and in time, we are all forgotten, our lives within society are pointless...

Im not saying what i want to do with my life has some point to it either, its just what i want to do to be happy. You, and others may be happy living within a society where things are done for you, and you just hand over some paper, but im not. I want to provide for my self, live from the Earth, and die without a trace...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join