It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul remains media poison (a politico.com story)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
This caught my eye. It seems that the media is being called out for anti RP bias.
Maybe, just maybe there is a chance?

I admit I do not fully understand Ron Paul and his beliefs. But I do understand when a guy gets shafted, and Ron Paul just got shafted.
On Saturday, the Ames Straw Poll was conducted in Iowa amid huge media interest and scrutiny. The results were enough to force one Republican candidate, Tim Pawlenty, out of the race, and catapult another, Michele Bachmann, into the “top tier.”
There are so many “top tier” stories in the media today that I can barely count them, let alone read them all, and Bachmann is in all of them by virtue of her victory at Ames. The rest of the tier is made up of two candidates who skipped Ames, Rick Perry and Mitt Romney.

As The Daily Beast put it: “The new top tier of Bachmann, Perry, and Romney — created by Bachmann’s Iowa straw poll win, Perry’s entry into the race and Romney’s lead so far in many national and state polls — has unleashed torrents of talk about the reshaped race.”

Paul’s name was not mentioned in this piece nor in many others.

www.politico.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
START BUYING RON PAUL BUMPER STICKERS AND GIFTING THEM OUT!!

CALL A RON PAUL CAMPAIGN CENTER AND ASK HOW YOU CAN HELP!

BUY ONE OF RON PAUL'S WONDERFUL BOOKS!

RON PAUL.......

THANK GOD

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
This part just makes my blood boil

Bachmann appeared on five Sunday shows following Ames. Paul appeared on none. POLITICO’s Kasie Hunt was one of the few reporters to do a separate story on Paul’s showing at the straw poll, but to most of the media he remained an exotic, unworthy of attention.

Read more: www.politico.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
THIS ONE ticks me off so bad!!

A Wall Street Journal editorial Monday magnanimously granted Paul’s showing in the straw poll a parenthetical dismissal: “(Libertarian Ron Paul, who has no chance to win the nomination, finished a close second.)”

www.politico.com...

Who the hell makes them able to decide who has a chance of winning?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
Who the hell makes them able to decide who has a chance of winning?

Their god, dont forget the American media and government is run by the jewish chosen ones, who are you to speak against them.

/end sarcasm

Spam every bit of media you can telling them that Americans are waking up to their lies.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I was looking for a thread like this to vent my personal frustrations..

The Straw Poll end up with Ron Paul finishing second to Bachman by a pretty short margin. It was mentioned I think briefly in a CNN news story but Fox News will not mention it at all, let alone elsewhere in the MSM.

Ron Paul is in a tough position with regard to the MSM too He's an automatic underdog. He is a Republican (don't expect to hear good things about him on MSNBC or CNN anytime soon) and he is virtually hated by most hardcore conservatives (Fox News).

On Fox News, Sarah Palin got more media coverage at the Straw Poll than Ron Paul and she isn't even running! I don't care about Sarah Palin's "pick me for VP" bus tour...

You can literally hear the crickets in the MSM with regard to Ron Paul coverage.

It's important for people to remember that everything that's happened in the last year has been talked about by Ron Paul for years. He said all of this was going to happen before the last election cycle.. Devaluation of the dollar, decline of the American economy, the need for PERMANENT reform to the Fed and the requirement for an overhaul of the tax code.

Why hasn't this been pointed out in the MSM? All the really lame soundbytes you hear from Republicans across the board these days are things Ron Paul was saying years ago. Noone's giving him credit for that. Most politicians just tell the people what they want to here but Ron Paul is at least willing to give us the bad news and tell you how he sees it. No other Republican politician is like that.

All the really decent points made during the debate are essentially things Ron Paul has been saying all along.
The man is intelligent and at his political prime. He's fired up about the need for change and you could see it during the debate!

Yet, it's as if the MSM has purposefully boycotted Ron Paul save for saying he finished second. CNN mentioned it briefly but never even showed a picture of him. Instead, they showed footage of Sarah Palin arriving in Iowa.

I think what people need to first recognize is that this is an indicator of the political motivations of all the major news outlets (if it isn't already crystal clear).

Then we need to consider what it implies, which is pretty obvious to me.. They're purposefully avoiding covering him on their networks because of it.

At least the man is willing to think outside the box instead of regurgitating Republican babble about how Obama is evil and we need economic change in washington. That's all you hear people say. At least the man has a specific plan to overcome all this that he's thought about for decades. Let's do it already!

-ChriS

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
This caught my eye. It seems that the media is being called out for anti RP bias.
Maybe, just maybe there is a chance?

Its difficult...either its a very sophisticated ' anti-promotion' campaign they're running on Paul or this guy is dangerous to their interests and they want him out of the race altogether. The difficuty is knowing which witch is which.
Its going to be interesting to watch. They've been spruking Perry here in Oz media for about a month now..' next president' etc...blech.

G'luck!

edit on 16-8-2011 by Rosha because: typos

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I heard that Jon Stuart asked when the media decided he was like the 13th floor of a hotel.

I missed it - did anyone see it?
Colbert ran a bit about Bachman basically buying her win.
Starting to see a tiny bit of vindication here.

I saw the media do the same thing with Howard Dean - I know a lot of you may not like the man, but the media assassinated him. I had watched him closely that week of the famous yip - and he was SO, SO freaking sick. The man had the flu and I don't even know HOW he was standing up that night. They never mentioned that fact. When I heard the clip loud, it wasn't that bad, it was ackward, but I got where he was coming from and I knew how sick he was. I attributed it to that. Next time I heard it, it was amplified and played in the ground and suddenly he wasn't presidential. Suddenly, one bad move killed a guy's shot? It wasn't right. They had tried to ignore him - like they do RP for a long, long time in the campaign. Once they got something they could kill him with, they drove it home.

RP better watch himself closely. I'm afraid they will do the same to him once they have to cover him.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Colbert ran a bit about Bachman basically buying her win.
Starting to see a tiny bit of vindication here.

yes, i watched it tonight and it was hilarious. talked about how she got 80% of the votes she paid for.
and went on to talk about how she had randy travis and a petting zoo for kids... then later made some remark about her letting your kids pet randy travis. it was pretty freakin' funny.

top topics

join