It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The police have no duty to protect "YOU"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Interesting find. I was researching gun control and police brutality and found this website. Whoa! I find it sadly depressing that most people do not know this about police and their real role in society. I wonder if Law enforcement officers can be sued for false representation for driving around a car that states "to protect and serve" when the courts have ruled that officers have no legal ground to protect individuals and the protection is only for the masses. So who makes up the masses.....? You of course!

GOA

I do not know what to say to this except that it is our fundamental right to protect ourselves. I wonder if the military also falls under this category of no duty to protect an individual and just the masses?
edit on 16-8-2011 by agentblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by agentblue

Join hands (metaphorically) with your family, friends and neighbors.

Don't let this happen any more. Get conceal and carry permits. Get some gun training. Practice often. DEFEND YOURSELF.

We are the power in this country, we just need a couple more hairs before the back breaks.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by OldRepublic22

Old republic I am a gun owner and have a ccw plus live in a castle doctrine state. I wouldn't trust my life to a LEO or a civilian just because it is my sole responsibility to protect myself. I just wonder how many people here on ATS will be crushed finding out that the police do not protect them just the idea of a collective

I wish more people would pull their head out their butt and realize this kind of stuff. Who knows... maybe it'll make the sheeple scared and ready to defend themselves with sharpened sticks. I am just ramblin on tonite, don't mind me.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

This happened in 1975 and 1978.

It is apparent to all that the police are there to protect and serve individuals as well as the masses, at least in todays world.
While many of them are trigger happy and corrupt, most are not. At least I would like to believe that.

I am currently taking law classes and will ask one of my professors about this tomorrow. See what she has to say.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Actually, the Police are to serve for and on behalf of the judicial system, it's the Military that is there to protect and serve it's country. I don't see that in the Police hand book.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DIDtm

It is apparent to all that the police are there to protect and serve individuals as well as the masses, at least in todays world.
While many of them are trigger happy and corrupt, most are not. At least I would like to believe that.

I am currently taking law classes and will ask one of my professors about this tomorrow. See what she has to say.

Please do, but watch out. professors can be more just as bigoted as anyone else. Sometimes moreso.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Their main duty is to protect their pensions and paychecks period.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldRepublic22
reply to post by bluemirage5

*snip*

Got a source?

Mod Edit: removed quote of previously actioned post
edit on 16-8-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Regardless if its in the handbook , to protect and serve is advertised extensively on police cars and shields aka badges. In extention to previous sentence.... the slogan was on shields and cars prior to 78 and 79 too

edit on 16-8-2011 by agentblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by DIDtm

Didtm, You said apparent, I think you should replace that with "the appearance". Just because they have a front image doesn't mean that behind the scenes are totally different.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by agentblue
the slogan was on shields and cars prior to 78 and 79 too
[

It's not anymore (at least in So Cal.)
Check your local police car shield and if you are brave ask them why it was removed.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

You are absolutely right. I should rephrase.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OldRepublic22

My permit should be in this week (week 8)
The funny thing is the cops show up after the fact so how could they protect you?

In a life and death situation when seconds count the police are minuets away!

CCDL carry on!

top topics

join