It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Can't Believe This, Blatant Evidence Of A Media Conspiracy Against Ron Paul

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
You guys do realize that RP wants to kill the last of the manufacturing in the US don't you? If we don't have the military over seas and involved in wars there is no need to manufacture military hardware and supplies putting millions of more people out of work and closing thousands of businesses. RP is bad for the country. Even four more years of dumbo is preferable to RP if it hurts what little manufacturing we have left.

Wars are good for business. Stop RP now. He may be my representative but I can't possibly see or support him for President..

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bramble Iceshimmer

agreed that the military supplies many jobs, but you know what you do when you dont have a job anymore?
YOU GET ANOTHER ONE!
and with the tarrifs he wants to place on imported goods, it will no longer be profitable for companies to import cheap manufactured crap from china. There fore a need within the United State for more manufacturing jobs.

Dr. Paul will help the job markets by making it easier and less costly for small busniess to grow.
The way our system is now, its too hard for someone that wants to start their own business, its just easier to go work for the government. geeezzz

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

So he also wants to punish consumers by raising prices on everything we buy. Talk about inflation. I still want the option to buy $1.00 pair of sandals at wally world and not a $50.00 pair so some union guy can make $32.00/hr just say it's made in America.

We don't need protective tariffs so American can manufacture the junk we buy from China. We should come up with new ideas/technology that create new jobs and manufacture products that the rest of world will buy.

We could create technology/businesses in space for example. We could build solar furnaces to refine ore from the asteroid belt and use it to build bases on the moon, mars, etc and ship yards to create space vehicles to explore solar system/stars. These are the kind of high tech thinking and jobs we need. Copying China is going backwards, we already manufactured crap like that in the past and have the t-shirts.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
"The US government is timid" - Best joke ever

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer

So he also wants to punish consumers by raising prices on everything we buy. Talk about inflation. I still want the option to buy $1.00 pair of sandals at wally world and not a $50.00 pair so some union guy can make $32.00/hr just say it's made in America.

We don't need protective tariffs so American can manufacture the junk we buy from China. We should come up with new ideas/technology that create new jobs and manufacture products that the rest of world will buy.

We could create technology/businesses in space for example. We could build solar furnaces to refine ore from the asteroid belt and use it to build bases on the moon, mars, etc and ship yards to create space vehicles to explore solar system/stars. These are the kind of high tech thinking and jobs we need. Copying China is going backwards, we already manufactured crap like that in the past and have the t-shirts.

Sorry Mods about full quote but it is needed.

Your first two paragraphs are pretty rubbishy, and contradictory. You want an option to buy a pair of sandals for a dollar? ask your Ma or Da if they could make them for that, or even twice that, or a pair of jeans six or seven dollars, Yes you can buy at that price, and at any supermarket, guess where they could come from...would the sweat shops abroad ring a bell by any chance? that of course includes China at the lowest order.
At the higher order Chinese stuff is also pretty good and often well made from AMERICAN and elsewhere western Europe patents. The difference could be in the way it is made, but then stuff is made to order, and if the order is not specific enough, that is the fault of the orderer, that is why you may have a identical briggs and Stratton based lawnmower, that works perfectly but it is painted with lead based paints for example, and God knows how much poisonous material went into the Chinese countryside to make the engines blah blah!

Any dick then should be able to see where RP is coming from, a home made item at an equitable price, AKA fair do's for everybody.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Can't ask Ma or Da, they died of old age twenty years ago. I'm retired, pinching some pennies and don't care about working/environmental conditions in other countries. As a consumer, it's all about price. Just look at some examples of what made in America with American labor brought us, $32,000.00 cars that used to cost $1,700.00-$2,700.00, $4.89/gallon gas that used to cost $0.31/gallon, $3.50/gallon milk that used to cost $0.49/gallon and $0.44/first class stamp that used to cost $0.04.

It's not about China and the third world beating America on labor costs, it's about unions greedily wanting more and more and working less and less and corporations rolling over in fear of the government lawyers. At no time in the last 40-50 years as anyone give a damn about consumers.

I was amazed and a little ashamed when I went to work at my first full time job and was making nearly twice what my father was making after 45 years of service with his company.

Early on, I consumed at a level commiserate with my income before I came to my senses and started saving for retirement.

Ron Paul is nothing new, he's a politician. Although the federal government needs to be downsized we need a strong military presence in the world and we need power returned to the states. All congressional representatives and senators should be limited to one term only for life so they vote with the people who elected them and not to get reelected. Get the lawyers and bankers out of government.

edit on 8/16/2011 by Bramble Iceshimmer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Basically you're just a sell-out, you want the cheapest deal and don't care about consequence...... The reason things were so cheap back then is because the US was self sustained, we didn't throw our money at foreign countries..... You buy American you pay Americans, you wanna know why prices are so high now, it's because people like you that are a huge part of the problem.......
edit on 16-8-2011 by jheated5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Nope, just practical, I'm retired and it's all about price. I'll take social security, medicare, medicaid and whatever else is available to make saving last longer because I paid my dues through taxes.

If I don't die before it all goes away, I've got a tent, know how to use a bow and guns, set traps, find water and can pick out edible plants. With time, I could build a shelter. It would suck not to have electricity, fridge, microwave, AC, computer and hundreds of other things but I'm not going to roll over and die afraid in the dark either. I'm no Daisy Crockett and don't know how long I could last but I would a least try.

edit on 8/16/2011 by Bramble Iceshimmer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I found this site:
www.archives.gov...

It was very informative. It states that 'the Electoral College was established by the founding fathers as a compromise between election of the president by Congress and election by popular vote.'
In the FAQ there was this Q & A about the electors voting (I hope I am doing this right, if not I'm sorry!)

(quote)
"Must electors vote for the candidate who won their State's popular vote?

There is no Constitutional provision or Federal law that requires electors to vote according to the results of the popular vote in their States. Some States, however, require electors to cast their votes according to the popular vote. These pledges fall into two categories—electors bound by State law and those bound by pledges to political parties.

Which States bind electors to popular vote results? Refer to Electors Bound by State Law and Pledges to find out.

The Supreme Court has held that the Constitution does not require that electors be completely free to act as they choose and therefore, political parties may extract pledges from electors to vote for the parties' nominees. Some State laws provide that so-called "faithless electors" may be subject to fines or may be disqualified for casting an invalid vote and be replaced by a substitute elector. The Supreme Court has not specifically ruled on the question of whether pledges and penalties for failure to vote as pledged may be enforced under the Constitution. No elector has ever been prosecuted for failing to vote as pledged."

So they don't have to vote the popular vote...sounds a little rigged.

I also kind of remember from my days in school, that they can abstain from voting at all.

edit on 8/17/2011 by pheenyxxx because: forgot something

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

You guys do realize that RP wants to kill the last of the manufacturing in the US don't you?

Hmmm, I thought that most of the top CEO's making decisions for better profit margins and their corporations, sending manufacturing jobs over seas, were doing a swell job of 'killing' jobs here in the US.

Wars are good for business.

True, but does that make it right? Are you gonna send your offspring into a war? And I don't mean just joining the service, I mean during a war, especially a questionable war? And you think I should send my loved ones to war because it's good business? Paul does not want to end the military, he just wants all the 'business' and troops to stay here at home.If the reduction of wars costs jobs, then perhaps that would shift the job market into something less destructive. And wars don't happen every 10 years anymore, we are constantly at war these days. Plus, if you figure in the actual costs of war is 9 to 13 Billion per month,Source CBO in addition to lost lives, and stress on military benefits and health care. So what is left, imo, is not so lucrative. Reminds me of a song, Peace Sells, But Nobody's Buying.

What do you mean, "I don't believe in God"?
I talk to him every day.
What do you mean, "I don't support your system"?
I go to court when I have to.
What do you mean, "I can't get to work on time"?
I got nothing better to do
And, what do you mean, "I don't pay my bills"?
Why do you think I'm broke? Huh?
[Chorus:]
If there's a new way,
I'll be the first in line.
But, it better work this time.
What do you mean, "I hurt your feelings"?
I didn't know you had any feelings.
What do you mean, "I ain't kind"?
I'm just not your kind.
What do you mean, "I couldn't be the president of the United States of America"?
Tell me something, it's still "We the people", right?

Can you put a price on peace?
Peace sells...,but who's buying?

Also Paul is not down with Nafta, and other free trade systems, so he would actually bring the outsourced jobs back home as well as keep the future ones here as they develop.
www.ontheissues.org...

spec
edit on 17-8-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join