It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Can't Believe This, Blatant Evidence Of A Media Conspiracy Against Ron Paul

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Wow, I was blown away by an excerpt from tonight's Daily Show. A fellow meyourselfmber Dance4Life created a thread on this,www.abovetopsecret.com... but it kind of got lost in the Ron Paul shuffle. I can actually believe this, but man the obviousness of it is disturbing. Granted something similar happened last time he ran and debated, but this time he was only 200 votes from winning the straw poll, and the majority of the audience roared in response to his statements. I felt this was so compelling, and an expicit example of a media coverup, from all the outlets.

Judge for yourself:

Full Daily Show Episode, Paul part stats at 5:30
Ali Velshi is interviewed at the end of the show, and the discussion is pretty enlightening and worth a watch, starts at 13:55

1. Congresswoman Michele Bachmann (4823, 28.55%)

2. Congressman Ron Paul (4671, 27.65%)

3. Governor Tim Pawlenty (2293, 13.57%)

4. Senator Rick Santorum (1657, 9.81%)

5. Herman Cain (1456, 8.62%)

6. Governor Rick Perry (718, 3.62%) write-in

7. Governor Mitt Romney (567, 3.36%)

8. Speaker Newt Gingrich (385, 2.28%)

9. Governor Jon Huntsman (69, 0.41%)

10. Congressman Thad McCotter (35, 0.21%)

WTF man!?!?! Pardon the Paul redundancy, but I felt compelled to make sure many here see this specific example.
edit on 16-8-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
NOT top tier keep lieing to get ppl to not vote for ron paul... fkin media

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This needs to be in the General Conspiracy or Political Conspiracy Forum.

Anyway, yeah, the media is being blatant about not talking about Ron Paul. It's almost become some sort of on-air joke. It seems they talk more about how they don't talk about him than actually talking about him.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

What makes you think Ron isn't one of "Them"?
for Ron, I don't like any politician.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

Agreed, but there are so many Paul threads, and I really want members to see this one, because it kinda blew my mind!

Mods, feel free to move if necessary

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

The last tiny thread of hope that an elected official may actually make a difference, and shake things up a bit?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

sounds liek your saying u dont like any politician case there a politician.. w.e atleast hes talking real.. do the research ppl

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Yeah - well - unfortunately for all of us that is the way the system works & a problem with authority shouldn't be an excuse to not get involved in politics.

At some point you have to see the system for what it is and realize that in order to change it you have to start out working inside it's rules.

If more people like you were involved in politics things might actually change instead of sitting back and letting the rest of the world tell you how your life is going to be run.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
thanks for posting this.
i never saw the other thread and i'm glad i got a chance to see the clip..
the balls on these dudes, to sit around and blatantly lie on television. facts are facts and ron paul is consistently ending up towards the top of polls and not even a mention. i guffawed when i heard the 'lets not count out john huntsmen' line...but then i realized that wasn't part of the bit....it was the actual news.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I doubt he is, he wants to cut the arms of the monster that is our government, which has its hands in practically everything, and remove the one power source the elite have: the Federal Reserve. If Ron Paul was "one of 'Them'" he's the most the most productive and malevolent cancer I've ever seen.
edit on 8/16/2011 by Conspiracy Now because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadowreborn89

sounds liek your saying u dont like any politician case there a politician.. w.e atleast hes talking real.. do the research ppl

exactly...to both of yall. i think ron paul is great but....we the people have no say,
only the big corporations.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
maybe he will be the anti christ. people seem to love him alot.
no proof but maybe....lolz

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
This stopped surprising me the moment Ron Paul ran for the 2008 election, and got the responses from the media and fellow candidates during the debates.

Bottom line is: Most people don't expect the media to be truthful, or fair, or in any way respectable. It's become widely known that they manipulate, omit information, and basically slant things to show in a light more pleasing to their owners. That being said, a fair number of people don't rely on the mass media outlets. Which is one good reason you have ATS, and is why you see Ron still up there in the polls.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Haha, Jon Stewart is an absolute legend. One of the only people on television willing to tell it like it is. Even if he does it under the guise of comedy. Thanks for sharing.
edit on 16-8-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowreborn89

People said nice things about Obama in his campaign...until he was elected.
I'm just saying, what makes people trust him so much. Isn't it possible he is just saying all the right things?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

because he's been consistent for 34 years.
that means the world to me.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I for one am pleased to see this. It shows how desperate Fox News is, it also sheds evidence that Ron Paul is for real - considering the media isn't eating him up - like the manufactured Obama craze.

I think MSM is digging itself a hole it can't get out of. The people are fed up with them. Everyone I talk to on the streets these days is fully aware that the system is extremely corrupt. As it continues to effect people's pockets, more will wake up. I for one am glad to see an actual candidate be worth of voting for (Ron Paul).

From Bush to Obama, I have not voted for a candidate in years. I may now have to register republican in order to put my two cents into this debacle.

Although we all know how well our voting system works.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb

Or breaking alternative news - or NWO.

link   

reply to post by shadowreborn89

People said nice things about Obama in his campaign...until he was elected.
I'm just saying, what makes people trust him so much. Isn't it possible he is just saying all the right things?
There is a fundamental difference between Ron and Obama. Ron speaks with passion about important problems that need attention, in some cases he will even propose a solution to those problems. It's a step beyond the pretty word play of Obama, he doesn't just instill a desire for change, he describes what sort of change the US should aim for and how it can be achieved. He didn't just pop onto the scene all of sudden with a very shadowy background, he's been on the scene for years and obviously has the energy and motive to get a job done.

link   
i just watched this a little while ago! i was blown away - kudos to Jon Stewart!! he did an excellent job of getting the truth out there, and yet it was so frickin' funny - i about peed my pants on the gary busey part.

best line ever - "how did this man become the 13th floor in a hotel?!?!?"

we just need to keep persisting and don't let the antagonizers sidetrack us into engaging in their petty arguments!!

thanks for posting this!

<<   2  3 >>

join