It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biggest Company You Have Never Heard of?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

IS this really true?

And how well known are they really? I am in the US, and have never heard of them.

That is kind of scary, honestly.
edit on 8/15/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't mind rediscussing the topic of Serco since it's been a while, but it's important to remember to do an ATS search before you make a thread. This is ATS -- we've heard of just about everything.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
[font=courier][color=FF9600]Wow, that is a corporation I never heard of. They are certainly an octopus with arms stretching into every nook and cranny. I better check the bottom of my foot... nope, says made in USA.[/font]

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
You'd be surprised. Many corporations you know are owned by ones you dont... who are also owned by another one you dont know either.

The real upper percent.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Complaints if you necro a thread because of search, and complaints if you don't necro a thread. Damned of you do or don't.

At least I helped one person to deny ignorance with this thread.

Now off to go read those threads. Thank you for the links.
edit on 8/16/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
thanks lemon that was new to me i dont see everything everyday i loved it star bro
its ok to reintroduce stuff sometimes i liked it

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Complaints if you necro a thread because of search, and complaints if you don't necro a thread. Damned of you do or don't.

At least I helped one person to deny ignorance with this thread.

Now off to go read those threads. Thank you for the links.
edit on 8/16/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

Well said! I'm that one person! good video! =)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Wow that is clearly a company that is on it's way to becoming the global company of the world. With a 1200% percent growth in under 20 years. If they keep that up, they may just own almost everything by 2050!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Might be interested in a thread I made a while ago.
Serco was linked to STUXnet.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

That's hardcore brutal, even I stop at 3 to prove a point.

Gonna look those over though so thanks for posting them.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Never heard of SERCO? Strange..

I've heard of and dealt with them directly for several years. I suppose it depends on what you do and where you mingle as to whether you've heard of them or not.

They're usually a pain in the arse, as it happens...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

In all honesty, I find this whole Serco fixation to be a tad ridiculous. They are not the monsters under your bed waiting to attack you when you turn out the light. They are not in league with the illuminati, plotting the demise of all you consider sacred. They are simply a corporation aimed at deriving profit.

I should point out that they are, in fact, a service company. They enter into contracts with governments (usually over a 5 year term) to deliver agreed-upon services. For the most part, the don't own anything (e.g. the prisons/hospitals/detention centres that they run). Governments enter into these kinds of arrangements all the time for two main reasons:

1) It's cheaper. In times of economic hardship companies like Serco thrive because governments cannot afford to provide the levels of service demanded by their own citizens. They have to cut corners somewhere, hence they outsource. Serco doesn't have any real power. If they don't tow the line they are out the door and another contractor takes their place.

2) It presents a suitable scapegoat. You may notice that companies like Serco do not directly defend themselves in the media. This is because they are bound by contract not to discuss anything relating to the work that they do. This puts them over a barrel because it's easy for governments and media commentators to point the finger of blame in their direction when things don't go as planned. In most cases, the governments will be privately commending their efforts while publicly criticising them. This is because the arrangement works to the government's advantage. It also works to Serco's advantage as they are being paid for it.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RDeeDee

In all honesty, I find this whole Serco fixation to be a tad ridiculous. They are not the monsters under your bed waiting to attack you when you turn out the light. They are not in league with the illuminati, plotting the demise of all you consider sacred. They are simply a corporation aimed at deriving profit.

I should point out that they are, in fact, a service company. They enter into contracts with governments (usually over a 5 year term) to deliver agreed-upon services. For the most part, the don't own anything (e.g. the prisons/hospitals/detention centres that they run). Governments enter into these kinds of arrangements all the time for two main reasons:

1) It's cheaper. In times of economic hardship companies like Serco thrive because governments cannot afford to provide the levels of service demanded by their own citizens. They have to cut corners somewhere, hence they outsource. Serco doesn't have any real power. If they don't tow the line they are out the door and another contractor takes their place.

2) It presents a suitable scapegoat. You may notice that companies like Serco do not directly defend themselves in the media. This is because they are bound by contract not to discuss anything relating to the work that they do. This puts them over a barrel because it's easy for governments and media commentators to point the finger of blame in their direction when things don't go as planned. In most cases, the governments will be privately commending their efforts while publicly criticising them. This is because the arrangement works to the government's advantage. It also works to Serco's advantage as they are being paid for it.

Let me guess...you work for a service cooperation..?

IMHO, if there will ever be sinister plans to control the world it is very convinient to involve a company that big with such diversity of services....I mean it is easier done than to convince or take over two thousend companies to accomplish the same goal.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Here's an image of their 10 year stock chart:

Located at:

moneycentral.msn.com...

It sure would've been something to invest in their stock in 2003, if you're the sort of person that likes making money off of people who are imprisoned in countries around the world. I know the tentacles reach much farther than just being a prison corporation. I never heard of Serco Group before now. Very interesting indeed.

new topics

top topics

join