It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Esoteric Introduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Hello all...

I have periodically searched this website for entertainment purposes for a while, and have decided to finally create an account. The reason being that I really wish to start discussing some of the more esoteric aspects of Freemasonry with some of the more intellectually malnourished, as well as with those who like myself actually enjoy the mysticism and esoteric-ism of Freemasonry.
I would like to add, to all Brethren in the audience, if you feel i have re-veiled too much or am going too far in my pursuits... feel free to PM me ASAP and we can address whatever issue it may be. I believe we can edit and even remove posts.
that is all for now, good evening everyone

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Themadalchemist

Welcome to ATS. Though not a Freemason myself, I have studied esoterica for many years, and know a little about Freemasons. Just curious, what degree have you attained?

It will be nice to have someone who will set records straight for a change.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS.
I am extremely interested in esoteric and mystic insights from all teachings and traditions. I would be happy to learn whatever you have to say... but I do respect any limitations and oaths of secrecy that you may have taken. Even if you could suggest some writings or books that would be great. I'm not malnourished, but I am very hungry!

I hope you benefit from your time here, and I wish Peace to be upon you.

edit on 8/15/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Hi Themadalchemist, welcome to the Introductions Forum a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Secret Societies

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Esoteric Reply.
I'm sorry. What do you mean by esoteric?
The word itself holds holds mystery and mayhem.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

I hope you enjoy your stay and I look forward to hearing your input on the multitude of interesting threads around here.

Peace

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

I have obtained the Sublime Degree of Master Mason.
I have not joined any of the appendant bodies as of yet, but will be submiting a petition for the AASR-NJ when i have more time. I come from a Masonic family, and have held deep discussions with both Templars from the York Rite, and 33RDS from the Scottish.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

I'll give you an example:

When you 1st enter the lodge and begin the circumbulation, you enter the lodge in the west traveling east by way of the north. As the sun does after sun set, making its way through darkness and on its way to the place of illumination in the east.

Of course only if you are north of the equator like all who stood on the ground floor of King Solomons temple area.

But please allow me to save the good stuff for its proper place

One of the Exoteric explanations of the Blue lodge is that the purpose of being walked around the lodge hoodwinked is so the brethren can assess if you are duly and truly prepared and in due and ancient form

Typing on an Android is a pain, more to come when i get to my PC

edit on 16-8-2011 by Themadalchemist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

So by esoteric you mean ritualistic? What you describe here sounds like ritual to me. Esoteric means actions demonstrating adherence to age old symbolism?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Then your definition is incorrect...
There is a difference between esoteric, and exoteric. You should probably look it up.
exoteric is the outer definition of a consept, yes that sign is red
Esoteric is the inner meaning, the red sign means stop...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

sorry I cannot PM at the moment, not until i reach 20 posts.... i wouldn't mind a public thread on that, its no secret the speculative nature of the fraternity.

that being said, No, it is not. i wrote a more detailed response, but could not send it

edit on 16-8-2011 by Themadalchemist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Thank you for answering my question. Too bad your message couldn't send. People versed in multiple religions and ideologies can not help (at times) to draw parallels and comparisons... especially when they 'appear' to be so obvious.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

That is because there are parallels and most fit for comparison. i will promise however to send the message as soon as possible. i should make 20 if not tonight then by tomorrow, you've helped me post quite a few already

thanks

new topics

top topics

join