It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leave my faith alone....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by daikaiju
reply to post by BlackStar99

I think I have become a better person since becoming a christian, I grew up in a violent place (Brooklyn NY) did some violent things but one I converted, there had not been a reason for me to be violent, I did grow spiritually and emotionally. Then again that is from my point of view.

You're not the first person to convert to a religion after hitting a low, but I'm glad its helped you. The problem is it will only take you so far.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackStar99

It has taken me farther than the drug and gang banging life would have and I see myself continuing to grow as a better human being and father to boot.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by daikaiju

did you believe in god before you converted? how much better is your life now? do you think just because you chose christianity it turned out for the better? its basically all the same thing. a reason for nations to clash against each other when what should really be focused on is the protection of the earth and its creatures. how many times, late at night, do you see the commercial for the priest selling the "holy water"? its a huge scam. you see all these mega chrches everywhere with coffee shops and bookstores and who knows what else. it seem to me like these people worship the dollar more than they do "god". when you give your offering, how much is it? do you really think "god" would want you to give him paper money? what has he ever done with that than besides paying the preacher. im not athiest and i dont believe in The GOD, i believe in a creator who put all the creatures on this eaarth for a purpose. why would he want nations to conquer each other under his name? sounds pretty violent to me

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigsizzle

did you believe in god before you converted? how much better is your life now? do you think just because you chose christianity it turned out for the better? its basically all the same thing. a reason for nations to clash against each other when what should really be focused on is the protection of the earth and its creatures. how many times, late at night, do you see the commercial for the priest selling the "holy water"? its a huge scam. you see all these mega chrches everywhere with coffee shops and bookstores and who knows what else. it seem to me like these people worship the dollar more than they do "god". when you give your offering, how much is it? do you really think "god" would want you to give him paper money? what has he ever done with that than besides paying the preacher. im not athiest and i dont believe in The GOD, i believe in a creator who put all the creatures on this eaarth for a purpose. why would he want nations to conquer each other under his name? sounds pretty violent to me

I was raised in Santeria, yes I do believe my life turned out for the better, and I can only speak with my own walk with God, the mega churches, the greedy preachers milking money and those others you speak of will have to deal with consequences when the times comes.

I am just a simple guy trying to live a life of peace.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
faith is not needed for a life of peace. i was raised in a strongly influenced christian household. church every sunday until i was at least 13. discovered weed, ex , liquor, pain killers over the next few years. had my fair share of being stupid. making dumb decisions and the whatnots of being a teenager lol. but i strightened my life without the use of god. i havent prayed in years and im content with myself. i dont believe i will go to hell....or heaven....if anything of the nature. what makes you so sure that when you hear god, its not just yourself thinking? have your prayers ever been answered or is it just luck and good karma when something happens? the mind is a powerful thing and i think you make yourself believe what you want to believe. and im not trying to offend you in any way, im just giving you a bit to think on.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bigsizzle

Not offended at all, I enjoyed our little back and forth.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
hah yea i need to vent sometimes...with people who wont think im crazy

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
I find the more you don't mention religion the more we all seem to just get along.

That way no one can make fun of your beliefs. Just like politics, if you don't want to argue about it don't bring it up.

As I was growing up my Grandmother used to tell me..."there are three subjects you should never discuss...religion, politics and finances"...when I asked her why.... she said it was because generally when those 3 subjects are discussed people argue and are rude.

Anyway...I believe in respecting the individuals right to believe in any spiritual belief they want to.....as the old saying goes...live and let live.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I find the more you don't mention religion the more we all seem to just get along.

That way no one can make fun of your beliefs. Just like politics, if you don't want to argue about it don't bring it up.

As I was growing up my Grandmother used to tell me..."there are three subjects you should never discuss...religion, politics and finances"...when I asked her why.... she said it was because generally when those 3 subjects are discussed people argue and are rude.

Anyway...I believe in respecting the individuals right to believe in any spiritual belief they want to.....as the old saying goes...live and let live.

If only a few on here would subscribe to that.

I want to thank all that contributed without being condescending.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

If only a few on here would subscribe to that.

I want to thank all that contributed without being condescending.

Then my question to you would be, who is attacking your faith if you weren't talking about it??? You will find you'll get along a lot better with people once you keep your religious beliefs or lack of them to yourself....

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I do keep them to myself unless asked, please read the entire thread, I stated this before.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

So you admit you are easily baited into a discussion when it comes to your faith? So someone says what religion are you?, you say christian, they say why? and your answer?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Baited?

ok, usually I get, "Oh your one of those"

which to I normally answer "Yes I am"

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
That really wasn't what I was asking but okay I guess......

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Why should I go, like you yourself said, it is a free country lol.

My point is, why do you feel the need to go out of your way to attack/ridicule my faith or any christian's faith for that matter?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

If you don't believe as I do, that is fine, my faith does not require you to do so.

Actually, yes it does. The Christian faith embraces evangelism, and the idea that non-Christians are of course, sentenced to Hell.

If you are strong in your faith, it shouldn't bother you what others think about your religion though.

Personally, I don't feel as if any of man's guesses as to the nature of the Universe or creation are correct. Whether an old man sitting on a cloud who likes to get it on with virgins, or a great cow, a bald, fat man, or even a big tree...to me, these are all simply lame attempts to understand that which we simply cannot yet understand.

That said, I do think there are some Universal truths, and values that we, as humans, share, and these are a big part of most religions. So, not all bad.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I have sat here reading many threads by atheists who knock people who believe in God as narrow minded, weak minded, ignorant, and the such.

I believe in God, and that Jesus is my savior. I will not apologize to anyone about my faith because what kind of person would I be if I did?

If you don't believe as I do, that is fine, my faith does not require you to do so.

Just don't sit there and call me stupid because we don't agree, because I will never look down on somebody due to us not seeing eye to eye on the subject of God.

Jesus gave me two commandment, Love God with all my heart and Love everyone else.

The most simple thing in the world to do yet also the hardest.

Just my 2 cents.....off the soapbox now, sorry if I disturbed anyone, I love you all regardless.

Keep me in your prayers

Dai.

p.s. I suffered a bit of brain damage due to MRSA so if the rant came off disjointed, please forgive me.

There is nothing in this world or the next that operates by way of BELIEF.
Belief is just another word for paganism.
God is Reality.
Reality is something One Intuits, not believes in.

First you believe in your God, then you believe in killing adulterers , then homosexuals, then
you believe in killing Infidels.
Jesus never preached belief, he taught the sacrifice of the heart,
and the Transmission of Shaktipat or spiritual force
Everything the church tells you is a lie to control you.
the church killed 100 million people in 2000 years,

Practice Love not Belief

top topics

<< 1   >>

join