It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leave my faith alone....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I have sat here reading many threads by atheists who knock people who believe in God as narrow minded, weak minded, ignorant, and the such.

I believe in God, and that Jesus is my savior. I will not apologize to anyone about my faith because what kind of person would I be if I did?

If you don't believe as I do, that is fine, my faith does not require you to do so.

Just don't sit there and call me stupid because we don't agree, because I will never look down on somebody due to us not seeing eye to eye on the subject of God.

Jesus gave me two commandment, Love God with all my heart and Love everyone else.

The most simple thing in the world to do yet also the hardest.

Just my 2 cents.....off the soapbox now, sorry if I disturbed anyone, I love you all regardless.

Keep me in your prayers

Dai.

p.s. I suffered a bit of brain damage due to MRSA so if the rant came off disjointed, please forgive me.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by daikaiju

As an individual who has been on both sides of the equation I can firmly agree with your statement. I myself have discovered Christ recently after a long hard evaluation of my life and how I treat others. But just because I have decided that Jesus is Lord and God exists does not give others the right to make fun or bastardize me or anyone because of those beliefs.

I can assume that if one were to patronize atheists for their beliefs, they wouldn't appreciate it either. Respect everyone for we all are human. I judge people a lot too but I am working on becoming more tolerant as God is the only entity capable of judging anyone.

All of us have flaws which makes us unique in our own ways.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I find the more you don't mention religion the more we all seem to just get along.

That way no one can make fun of your beliefs. Just like politics, if you don't want to argue about it don't bring it up.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

I usually keep my faith as a personal thing unless someone asks me about it and at times then comes the ridicule even though I stand by my faith regardless.

I was always brought up with the Silver Rule:If ya can't say nothin nice, keep yer yap shut.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by daikaiju

I think I speak for a lot of us when I say that I respect your beliefs ... the only thing is that if you attack my beliefs and attempt to force yours upon me, I'm going to tell you everything that's wrong with what you just said and explain in detail why you're wrong.

Once again, I have nothing but respect for your religious views. We all have the right to choose what we feel is right; but please, if you feel like expressing your religious views, do so in a non-confrontational manner. It will keep drama and mockery to a minimum.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Christians faith is attacked because it's hard for a lot of people to imagine that some being is sending billions really good people to be tortured for all of eternity on the sole basis that they picked the wrong religion. It's as if 'God' has a complete lack of knowledge of basic human psychology, not knowing that a child will almost always believe what their parents believe especial when eternal suffering is the consequence for their lack of faith.

Meanwhile 'God' allows all the ignorant, selfish, cruel, entitled so-called "Christians" who are only Christian because they're afraid to go to hell. People who think God would rather them go to church two hours a week and pray for all the hurting people in the world instead of going out and volunteering 2 hours a week. Over 1,000,000 houses could be built every week if just HALF of "Christians" did this, but no it all boils down to the fact that most of you just don't give a $#!t. You could literally end almost every problem in the world if you got off your @$$es and did something.

2) Your Bibles "God" condones murder(to people who do the things that you probably do everyday), rape, slavery, sex slavery, and pillaging, which to me is clearly the laws of the sociopathic rulers of that era and NOT God.

3) If your religion is the "right" religion, than I wouldn't want to be in heaven with your evil God anyways.

I'm not an atheist(as they are just as ignorant as most big religions), I'm just certain that Christianity or any religion that says you must believe this way OR SUFFER!!!!!!! is wrong.
edit on 15-8-2011 by BlackStar99 because: (no reason given)

And 4) religion is responcible for almost every war ever fought

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by scolai

I totally agree to what you said, I address those who are condescending from the word go, I do not push my views on no one, if you ask I will tell you, if you don't I will not say a word, but don't call me dumb cause I have faith in something that some people can't or choose not to understand.

Thanks for your input.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
I find the more you don't mention religion the more we all seem to just get along.

That way no one can make fun of your beliefs. Just like politics, if you don't want to argue about it don't bring it up.

I see the non-believers bringing it up MUCH more around here than the believers. And while believers tend to keep their beliefs to the religion forum, non-believers post their diatribes against Christians all over the site. I'm all for getting along, but I get tired of the non-believers around here trampling all over our beliefs at every opportunity.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackStar99

That is the problem,in reality there are very little 'True Christians', but if people in general tried to follow just the golden rule, this place would be a better one, it is not just a 'christian' issue but a human one.

And if you do not want to follow my 'evil' God, don't, you have that choice.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

I find that the "non-believers" bring it up more often because they are trying to disprove it due to some kind of hurt we have suffered at the hands of christians/the christian church. I used to try to disprove it until I realized that it is is just a futile to try to tell them they're wrong as it would be for them to tell me I'm wrong.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
if you dont want anybody bashing your faith, then why even post something like this. all your doing is asking for the haters to hate on you. i see two threads like this everyday and it gets old quick.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by daikaiju

That is the problem,in reality there are very little 'True Christians', but if people in general tried to follow just the golden rule, this place would be a better one, it is not just a 'christian' issue but a human one.

what about a true jew? or true budhist? or true muslim? does it make the way they view things wrong? what makes one faith right?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigsizzle
if you dont want anybody bashing your faith, then why even post something like this. all your doing is asking for the haters to hate on you. i see two threads like this everyday and it gets old quick.

It is called a rant and quite honestly if it is getting old for you, why bother posting?

I am just voicing a frustration toward people who are just plain rude.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

what about a true jew? or true budhist? or true muslim? does it make the way they view things wrong? what makes one faith right?

In my faith, what feels right in my heart, thats why it is faith.

And the point of this thread is that I am tired of being looked down on and giving voice to it, I do not look down on no one and try to treat people as i would like to be treated.

Not a hard thing to ask for

edit on 15/8/2011 by daikaiju because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

In my faith, what feels right in my heart, thats why it is faith.

what uou feel in your heart is your conscience, not faith. faith is believing in something/one. so techically its all in your head pal

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bigsizzle

In biblical terms faith is believing something that your can't see or touch or even prove hence what you feel in your heart.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

"A wise man changes his mind often, a fool never"

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

And your point is?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

And your point is?

The point is you stop evolving emotionally and spiritually when you latch on to any one belief, and when you latch on to beliefs that are fundamentally violent in nature(Islam, Judaism, and Christianity are the big 3) than it becomes a huge problem as we've seen by the hundreds of millions, if not billions, deaths directly related to religion.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

I think I have become a better person since becoming a christian, I grew up in a violent place (Brooklyn NY) did some violent things but one I converted, there had not been a reason for me to be violent, I did grow spiritually and emotionally. Then again that is from my point of view.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join