It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone see the Daily Show this evening? - Ron Paul

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99
If he somehow cared about Ron Paul, he could have been talking about him a lot sooner than this. Of course he doesn't. I believe he's sniffed the wind, realized that Ron Paul is not someone that's just going to go away, and decided to do the following:

- Be one of the first talking heads on TV to start covering Ron Paul -- gaining himself false credibility and ratings
- Invite Ron Paul on, get even more ratings, and give Mr. Paul some more "rope" to proverbially hang himself
- If Mr. Paul doesn't proverbially hang himself, Stewart can easily finish the job for him.

After all, if Stewart, "the nice guy who supported Ron Paul having a voice" turns on him, Paul really must be bad. Right?

Can't believe you would trust a rich arrogant jewish liberal talking head to have the best interests of Ron Paul at heart.

Stewart is not a fan, nor a supporter of Ron Paul. He was just pointing out the ridiculousness of Paul not being taken seriously after his strong Iowa showing. It's a point and an interesting story in and of itself.

Ron Paul has been on The Daily Show in the past numerous times. Just google "ron paul daily show" and you'll find multiple dates where he's appeared.

Stewart will go after any politician who does something to hang themselves with their own words or actions. He even went after his own friend and former housemate Anthony Weiner when his troubles started. I was actually surprised how far he went with that stuff considering how buddy-buddy they were (and I doubt still are).

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Psshh...Daily Show viewers...bunch of gay-loving abortion-having stem cell researchers

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99
I will be amazed if this isn't a scheme by Stewart to destroy Ron Paul.

Consider this -- Stewart is a smart man, and a huge liberal with a lot of hate for Republicans. If he somehow cared about Ron Paul, he could have been talking about him a lot sooner than this. Of course he doesn't. I believe he's sniffed the wind, realized that Ron Paul is not someone that's just going to go away, and decided to do the following:

- Be one of the first talking heads on TV to start covering Ron Paul -- gaining himself false credibility and ratings
- Invite Ron Paul on, get even more ratings, and give Mr. Paul some more "rope" to proverbially hang himself
- If Mr. Paul doesn't proverbially hang himself, Stewart can easily finish the job for him.

After all, if Stewart, "the nice guy who supported Ron Paul having a voice" turns on him, Paul really must be bad. Right?

Can't believe you would trust a rich arrogant jewish liberal talking head to have the best interests of Ron Paul at heart.

Ron Paul's been on the Daily Show for interviews a couple times and I'd call that decent coverage...but it's always great to see someone go off about something they know nothing about but have strong opinions on lol. Keep up the good work you deep thinker

BTW way to go after those Jews too, they really got it coming to them
edit on 16-8-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
It's upsetting when the most unbiased and mature news you can find is on Comedy Central...Mainstream media needs to grow up.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
they really do go out of their way to ignore ron paul. its sad that it is working. most people think of ron paul as a joke because they don't know what he stands for.

ever since climategate when stewart changed his opinion after seeing the emails, i started respecting him.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Psshh...Daily Show viewers...bunch of gay-loving abortion-having stem cell researchers

You sir, are a disgrace.

It is exactly this kind of closemindedness in America that keeps ensuring some jerkoff Illuminati puppet is in office time and time again.

Step up America. The 2012 elections are your chance to show that you're not clinically retarded as a people. I'm not saying Ron Paul as president will change anything, as there are greater powers at work than a mere president (like the persistent slavery we call the financial system), but it is a chance for you to show that you know what is right.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
It is shocking. I knew it was bad, but, not as bad as this. Jon Stewart went one up in my book, i applaud the Daily Show on this one.

Thinking of it, i would never have heard of Ron Paul if it wasn't for ATS' Ron Paul revolution signatures from the previous election. Since then i have been following him on a few pages on the web. The man just talks sense and it hurts me that he is being ignored like this. This coming from me, who's not an American, makes me sad how he is treated by some fellow Americans.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Was just watching CNN and it was showing Perry and guess what he just took a drink of water from a bottle and winked at the Queen!!!! What dos that tell us......................................itanimulli....? Think we know!!!

signature:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
So,the media ignores Ron Paul?Then RETURN THE FAVOR!Turn off your tv,and get to work promoting the message .Do this under your OWN STEAM.If YOU WANT a return to AMERICAN ways,then dont sit on your butt like a european,and wait for the powers that be to toss you a crumb.Get motivated NOW! Try printing up Ron Paul flyers,and handing them out to the poor who cannot afford computers.Spread the word,and saturate your town with Ron Paul flyers .Then,when he is ignored by the main stream media,EVERYONE will know that they are part of the problem.Get photos of anyone defacing these posters,and put them on the web.Come up with creative ideas to spread the message.GET MOVING NOW!BAHGOOFUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
You can watch all episodes of the daily show on thedailyshow.com.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SergeantTrammelant

Originally posted by Hawking

You sir, are a disgrace.

It is exactly this kind of closemindedness in America that keeps ensuring some jerkoff Illuminati puppet is in office time and time again.

Step up America. The 2012 elections are your chance to show that you're not clinically retarded as a people. I'm not saying Ron Paul as president will change anything, as there are greater powers at work than a mere president (like the persistent slavery we call the financial system), but it is a chance for you to show that you know what is right.

...and there it is once again..."if you don't vote for Ron Paul you're a retard". In this case clinically so. This is what turns me off about all the Paul hype machine on ats.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Here's a link to a high-quality version courtesy of The Daily Show

Indecision 2012 - Corn Polled Edition - Ron Paul & the Top Tier

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Perhaps some of you partisan right wingers will start giving Stewart a chance.

Yes he lies a lil left, but the guy is honest.

He will rip on a dem or a republican in a second.

If he happens to rip on the right more, it's because they deserve it to be honest.

What other party is batsh*t insane?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
that was funny,

12 term ron paul.

kinda have a problem with that.

"hasn't changed a thing since 65'"

"ya, the guy is up to date!"

"he been saying the same thing for 40yrs!"

bet he still wants to get out of viet nam.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

the progressives lib left?

just a guess.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Here is Ron P. talking about the Silence himself:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Stewart will bash anybody for a joke. Get real.

Even if he's a liberal,he still pokes fun of Nancy Pelosi. Liberals aren't stupid. Just missguided.

Same as conservatives.

This whole 2 party "your either with us or against us"mentality has just been worn out.

When the real big financial guns come out in a year,Paul won't have the dough to maintain visibility.

Especially watching how he already got thrown under a bus in Iowa with the press.

Despicable yes. What's really new here? MSM will always act like they're journalists,while putting a slant of support to Demo's.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by niceguybob
Stewart will bash anybody for a joke. Get real.

Even if he's a liberal,he still pokes fun of Nancy Pelosi. Liberals aren't stupid. Just missguided.

Same as conservatives.

This whole 2 party "your either with us or against us"mentality has just been worn out.

When the real big financial guns come out in a year,Paul won't have the dough to maintain visibility.

Especially watching how he already got thrown under a bus in Iowa with the press.

Despicable yes. What's really new here? MSM will always act like they're journalists,while putting a slant of support to Demo's.

Although I agree with exactly the opposite... I think the whole MSM lib argument is tired and false.... You kind of lose out to the fact that Fox is not only a right-wing organization, but they actually lie to fit facts to their argument. No other news organization blatantly lies as they do about real facts (opinions do not count)

I completely agree with the rest of your statement.

I would like just facts to come out with no opinion in the news. Just facts.

I would also like to see news organizations fined for lying about facts. They are dissuading their viewers while making America dumb as hell in the process.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I listened yesterday, to Alex Jones play a segment from 'Politico' where one MSM-PTB shill Stephanie Miller, was being denigrating to Ron Paul. Let me tell you about 'her'.
She is a politically correct Lesbian (I'm not attacking Lesbians, merely showing her Left bias) who broadcasts every morning out of this "Progressive" am talk radio Chicagoland station. (WCPT)
Awhile back, (because I don't even accidently tune in to her anymore) her shtick was to be gutter scuzz. She tries to talk real real fast, but she ends up stuttering. She sounds like a stutterer who ("overcame") it. Her and the guests at times, sound like ahundred sparrows and finches fighting in your bushes outside, I call it chittering. At the same time, she is playing kiddie cartoon sound-effects. She has the delusion that she is a comedian, and if she does these kinds of things, it means she has profound comedic genious. More of those things: Is nouns/verbs about bathroom activities, and one morning, before my flying hand could make contact with the off button, she was repeating "master*****n". Made me so infuriated, I contacted the programing director, and let him have it. They acknowledged my complaint, but that was a long while back, and she is still dominating these airwaves. (They (or did) excessively re-run IT ('her').
In my opinion, she seems to be a self obsessed narcissist who utterly despises all that is wholesome and normal.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Fox wasn't as blatent with their intentions 10 years ago. You knew where they stood, based on who was hosting. Hannity,etc.

Now it's a fricking blure, and yes they mix fact and fiction to distort opposing idea's. The whole station is almost the polar opposite of Keith Oberman now. LOL

Except Megan, what a Fox.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join