It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im losing the ability to communicate with people.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
When the awakening occurs the insanity is seen. The world is mad!!! Instead of seeing it as a tragedy look at it as a comedy. Compassion.
edit on 26-8-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

You and I both, brother.

It never really used to be a 'problem'..
I could hold/keep a conversation with most anyone.. no problem.
Then, about 6-7 years ago, not long after I finally began to "wake up"..
Is when I started experiencing my new-found inability to converse with people as i used to.

Like you..
I have soo much to say, and soo much to share...
But these simple words don't seem to cut it.
So more often than not.. I just do without them.

I also found that I can no longer talk on telephones for any amount of time. lol
It never used to bother me.. and I could BS with someone on the phone for hours..
But now.. I keep my home phones ringer off.. and almost never answer my cell phone (unless it's a text). lol

It's like..
I have soo much to say...
yet... nothing really to say...
Strange... but thats how its been for the past 5-7 years.

I am more of an introvert now, than I ever was..
and I was always pretty much an introvert.

I think..
when the "Gnosis" comes..
your own personal knowing is more important and meaningful,
than trying to make others see things how you see them..
as long as you see them.... that is what matters..
Everyone else.. will see in their own time.
and I think that idea itself.. is also part of the 'gnosis'..
That's why we no longer feel the need to share everything that comes to mind/heart...
Not like most people are going to understand it anyway.
But as long as we, personally understand ...
That is what is important.

I'm glad you made this post..
as I've wondered for years if others have experienced the same thing(s).

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I've been dealing with the same problem lately!! It's like you guys are taking the frustration from inside my head and turning it into the words I can't seem to find anymore. I use to know how to spell words just by hearing them and now I forget simple words, or the pronunciation of them. It's quite maddening because, as an introvert, I don't fancy talking much anyway...well unless it's about the truth (and most people believe I'm slightly crazy, not saying I necessarily disagree). Recently a lot of people, past friends, or even just people I've talked to before, have been coming to me to "hang out" but really they end up unloading their problems and looking for my "crazy" banter...I'm hoping this is the rallying of the troops lol.

To all you people on this thread, this website rather, you're amazing!! A big hug and thanks I'm sending to you all

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bdizzl3
reply to post by PsychoReaper4

I have found myself having the same problem as the OP, but what you said I agree with as well and believe it has a lot to do with the communication issue. People have been so conditioned to thinking with their ego and being so materialistic that it's difficult to talk about things from an "awakened" point of view *for lack of a better word*.

Its like you would have to catch them up on everything you have learned so far. I was just thinking this the other day that it's very difficult sometimes to communicate thoughts without having to tell an entire story or without the words just fumbling and doing no justice to the original thought what-so ever. Not to mention getting side tracked and either remembering tons of other great points you would like to bring up or having to explain the back story to how you came to the thought or why it makes sense.

I had to log on just to reply to you! Haven't really posted on here much. But I feel the EXACT same way. Everytime I do want to share what I know/feel/have learned, it's like I have to "catch them up" or give a background story, for them to understand. It's VERY difficult to communicate to someone effectively ever since I've "awakened". I even sometimes write out good points for future conversations, but still forget to include them. It's even hard to explain right at this moment, why it's hard to communicate lol. I would love to have the words flow easily from my mouth/mind like those who've enlightened me... But it's not quite there yet. Kind of frustrating, but like someone else stated in the thread-- maybe it's not meant to be YET.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
reply to post by BohemianBrim

I also found that I can no longer talk on telephones for any amount of time. lol
It never used to bother me.. and I could BS with someone on the phone for hours..
But now.. I keep my home phones ringer off.. and almost never answer my cell phone (unless it's a text). lol

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Once my enlightenment hit full on, and the altruism took full root, I realized that I am in essence a stranger in my own land.

I devote myself to quiet study of the soft-sciences, sciences, and gaining knowledge. yes i am a christian, but i was a pagan, agnostic, aetheist, then a believer again after witnessing little miracles which were right below the surface, and then suddenly profoundly loud in my psyche.

I am finding myself along this path as well with almost the exact pattern as far as religion is concerned.

I hope to continue on a path of self discover myself and be a better person from it.
Hope that helps OP

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
You are talking about the ineffable. The english language, as well as all spoken languages, are not perfect. Not everything you can conceive or experience can be contained inside something man created. You can try to explain what you mean, but no one will ever truly know exactly what you mean when you describe something. The closest they can get is a reproduction of your original idea. This is why you should create art. Art isn't held back by the constraints that language is.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
the more the focus of my mind goes inward, deeper and deeper in a search for truth, and the more insane and mind-blowing truth i discover. the more difficult and nearly impossible it becomes to share my thoughts. there are many things i would love to express, things i think would help you if i could share them. but cant seem to. words dont seem able to encompass the ideas. i want nothing less than to take the thought out of my head and put it into yours, but how? lol
saying these things out loud IS impossible now, mainly because i have no one around me that shares the same sort of "reference points".. if i dont think someone is going to understand what i am saying, i cant say it, because they will only misunderstand and that will cause "negative karma" of a sort.
i can rarely manage on the internet, because the audience is so vast, i just pretend im talking to myself lol. but lately... so often i have tried, and i have to keep editing and editing and adding and explaining.. i end up deleting the post because it just becomes nonsense. inside my head its a simple thing, but when i try to pull it out it becomes a monster. and if i go ahead and post it anyway, many people seem drawn to these posts, but then it is so hard to keep talking because i feel i barely expressed the idea, so... and again.. this is getting hard to express. but its like im trying to share a thought with people, literally, and when the thought sort of goes off, i lose it and cant come back to it....

when i am able to talk with people it always tends towards superficial. i can express myself as well as i feel like on things that dont matter at all.
even here, i get sucked into political threads even though, deep down, i know better.. i just want to talk to people.

but what i really want to express and talk about is the whole REAL DEEP "human condition"... i would need several decades.. and it would end up a novel.

imho it is completely natural to feel this way, but something keep in mind is the fact we are all physical beings on the material plane and it is important to keep grounded on this plane. Everyone I know personally does not think anywhere near the same as I do, but they are no less valuable. The search for higher truths always leads to feelings of loneliness, but to get lost in these thoughts will only lead to depression and madness. Everyone has a calling and most of those callings revolve around taking care of and maintaining our existence on this Earth.

But when the pupil is ready the teacher will come. Everyone we meet in life teaches us something about ourselves, and I hazard a guess that you would not have reached such a point in your understanding of higher truths without the influence of many of the people who you see as 'not getting it'. It is not for them to 'get it' in this lifetime. They exist to maintain your life to a standard where you are able to explore these truths further without having to worry about food, or blocked toilets, or leaky gutters. This saying also means that you are not yet ready to have someone in your life physically at this point in time to bounce your ideas off. Why? Only you can answer this but possibly if your ideas would take decades to write down then maybe they need a little more refining. For I suspect that the REAL DEEP human condition is far simpler than many people believe.

Everything in this world is exactly the way it is meant to be. This you must understand, accept, and move on.

Also I realise it is hard for many to share their insights with others, but by keeping these revelations to yourself you are not only doing humanity a great disservice but yourself as well. You share an idea then others of a similar understanding can take that idea and expand on it and so humanity moves forward, one baby step at a time. If you do not share then it is up to someone else to come up with and then share this idea, which may not happen again for a very long time.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join