It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im losing the ability to communicate with people.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
the more the focus of my mind goes inward, deeper and deeper in a search for truth, and the more insane and mind-blowing truth i discover. the more difficult and nearly impossible it becomes to share my thoughts. there are many things i would love to express, things i think would help you if i could share them. but cant seem to. words dont seem able to encompass the ideas. i want nothing less than to take the thought out of my head and put it into yours, but how? lol
saying these things out loud IS impossible now, mainly because i have no one around me that shares the same sort of "reference points".. if i dont think someone is going to understand what i am saying, i cant say it, because they will only misunderstand and that will cause "negative karma" of a sort.
i can rarely manage on the internet, because the audience is so vast, i just pretend im talking to myself lol. but lately... so often i have tried, and i have to keep editing and editing and adding and explaining.. i end up deleting the post because it just becomes nonsense. inside my head its a simple thing, but when i try to pull it out it becomes a monster. and if i go ahead and post it anyway, many people seem drawn to these posts, but then it is so hard to keep talking because i feel i barely expressed the idea, so... and again.. this is getting hard to express. but its like im trying to share a thought with people, literally, and when the thought sort of goes off, i lose it and cant come back to it....

when i am able to talk with people it always tends towards superficial. i can express myself as well as i feel like on things that dont matter at all.
even here, i get sucked into political threads even though, deep down, i know better.. i just want to talk to people.

but what i really want to express and talk about is the whole REAL DEEP "human condition"... i would need several decades.. and it would end up a novel.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Lets start by what you mean with REAL DEEP human condition,
and go from there...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Why even bother communicating with people at all? It's not like you're going to have any mind blowing conversations, due to the fact that most people now are just brainwashed into the materialistic thought process we're literally breed into from birth. Then from that comes the ignorance and arrogance.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

I feel you man, ever since i started my search for my truths I at first found it so hard to even be around people. It takes me back to a time when I was in the local mall and just watched the people pass, thinking about their nieve lives, just joyously blowing money and looking "nice". It really messed with me for a while I could barely talk to anyone just because I wasan't seeing the use they didn't understand, most of them didn't care or want to understand. But now, I just say what I feel, and the outcome is what it is, being yourself is always the best path I feel. I wish you luck. S&F!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington
Lets start by what you mean with REAL DEEP human condition,
and go from there...

Everything past "I AM" is a minefield.

i really dont know how to talk about it anymore.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Just let your flow of conciousness type out whatever it is inside. Don't think about it, just say what you would say to yourself. like you said, talk to yourself. We ATS'ers just happen to be reading your thoughts.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I would say you are just going through something that is unique to you and something most of us go through at some point or other througout their lives. I've just come off a year long self-imposed exile of silence and quietness and aloneness. I needed it, it helped me heal and I'm not feeling like I lost an ability to communicate with people. Some people just are hard to reach, to be honest. If you're lucky, you'll meet a couple few people in this world that you can truly be real and honest with.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoReaper4

people, and the things they say, are more than they seem... ive learned some of the "biggest" truths from hearing what people say beyond what they intended to say... its the forest for the trees... the biggest picture.

reply to post by GoldenObserver

i know what you mean, but that is only one perspective. i try not to get locked into perspectives that lead me to feel "superior" (i know thats not quite what you meant but i hope you know what i mean by it)

and i try.. but then i read it and it doesnt say what i meant it to say, because i dont think in just words. i think in these image/feeling/sound/word "bubbles"... or better yet.. "gestalt"
its like trying to speak of a view in just words... the greatest writer can only give his impression and even then he wont really be able to make you feel how he feels.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoReaper4

I have found myself having the same problem as the OP, but what you said I agree with as well and believe it has a lot to do with the communication issue. People have been so conditioned to thinking with their ego and being so materialistic that it's difficult to talk about things from an "awakened" point of view *for lack of a better word*.

Its like you would have to catch them up on everything you have learned so far. I was just thinking this the other day that it's very difficult sometimes to communicate thoughts without having to tell an entire story or without the words just fumbling and doing no justice to the original thought what-so ever. Not to mention getting side tracked and either remembering tons of other great points you would like to bring up or having to explain the back story to how you came to the thought or why it makes sense.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Bdizzl3

I have the same problem! Well not a problem. A problem is a problem if you make it a problem..

I feel the same way. In your mind it feels so linear and free-flowing since all the information is there, but in another person's mind it's like starting a movie half way into it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I understand what you mean completely. I too see things in that way, but I also see it in color in relation to sound and such. I wish you the BEST of luck trying to figure out this difficult subject.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Been there... till I found my "new" friends. Well, they were my friends long time ago (like 10 years) and just now I've discovered they were in the same boat asme. Being capable to discuss threads like this in person, with some alcohol
, is priceless. It was for me... I indeed stopped chatting with a lot of my old friends lately, and now when I'm going out, it's with this people or with the best friends I've ever had, who are normal and common people, living comfy lifes.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

See, if have still yet to experience this.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I know what you mean OP, in your mind it is this mind blowing coherent speech, it is so simple to you in your head and all the dots connect together perfectly but once you try to type it or say it it turns in to crap.
The last few days I have been thinking about this and went back to watch this one Autism video in You tube called "In my language". Somehow I think it is related or at least I can relate to what is happening to her.
Do you ever have times when what you want to say comes out perfectly but it feels like someone else is doing the talking and you are just watching?

Also the fear of being ridiculed or people thinking that you are crazy because the things you know and questions you have. Once you have all this knowledge it is dificult to comunicate with other people that only talk about the weather, sports or something they saw on the news but it never gets deep.

“If you borrowed my brain for five seconds, you’d be like, ‘Dude! Can’t handle it, unplug this bastard!’ It fires in a way that’s maybe not from, uh… this terrestrial realm.”
Charlie Sheen

edit on 15-8-2011 by Elieser because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2011 by Elieser because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Do you suppose the things you are learning are not expressible in this physical plane? Like describing color to one who is color blind. The words we have do not suit. They are to limited. And our fingers cannot move quickly enough to express what is flowing through our minds.

I have dozens of threads that I have started that by the time I get to the fifth or sixth sentence, the connection with, with ,,,,,never mind, it's gone again. Oh well. Time for superficial.

Nice thread BB. What say we just keep trying? Tra la Tra la

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I, too completely understand what you're going through as the same thing happens to me. And from the responces to your topic obviously it happens to others as well, which reinforces my long time belief that some things are just for me and not for me to share. At the appropriate time and way these others will learn what you have as well.
Relax and enjoy.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoReaper4
Why even bother communicating with people at all? It's not like you're going to have any mind blowing conversations, due to the fact that most people now are just brainwashed into the materialistic thought process we're literally breed into from birth. Then from that comes the ignorance and arrogance.

I have to agree that this is the case with most people, but luckily there is also exceptions even among people who haven't read into conspiracies.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
read more books. they will give you the language)e skills and confidence you need. (I can make some recommendations.)

and you will also discover that you are not the only person trying to grapple with the existential crisis. you should consider yourself fortunate to be so tortured!

also, many of these concepts are NOT FOR others....they are for YOU,

...best

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I find this as I am processing and collecting. It takes time before it turns into something you can harness and let out. Sometimes it takes a lot longer than you think. Just be and allow yourself to collect because it is forming a world inside you that is essentially connecting dots. You can't explain things before those dots are connected in a way that relates to the paradigm of the human condition in a form that is positive for those around you.

Then suddenly it will just happen where it all just feels right to speak to someone and the words just come out. Synchronicity and universal nudging because you won't just be able to speak to a random person. But when you do meet the right person after the amount of time your soul requires to process and connect it with the people around you, it will just flow out of you.

In the mean time, it's ok to just be. The most difficult part about this all is that there is so much in your mind that a part of you feels like screaming it out to people. One thing is for sure, if you pick random people most likely they will respond towards you like you are crazy or 'out to lunch'.

I find articulating what is in your head into words the most frustrating thing ever. It is like you are driving a race car but when you hit the gas it will only drive 1 mile per hour.
edit on 16-8-2011 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Are we the same person? lol I have reached the point that I generally keep these things to myself because the risk of being completely misunderstood isn't worth me sharing my thoughts.

Since these are ideas that can't be simplified easily (if at all), it puts some of the burden on your audience...maybe with the right audience it would come more naturally?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join