It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, I'm not happy with ATS.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

The question and/or potential concern with regards that seemingly alluded to aspect Gabby would be ...

? debating and discussing individual political figure's campaigns OR members actually actively promoting or recruiting for/to the same ?

different balls. different 'games' ... entirely

with the latter being outside and in violation of the T&C agreed to.

venue -vs- platform ... wouldn't seem that difficult a distinction to make or understanding to come to. (?)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
reply to post by gabby2011

The question and/or potential concern with regards that seemingly alluded to aspect Gabby would be ...

? debating and discussing individual political figure's campaigns OR members actually actively promoting or recruiting for/to the same ?

different balls. different 'games' ... entirely

with the latter being outside and in violation of the T&C agreed to.

venue -vs- platform ... wouldn't seem that difficult a distinction to make or understanding to come to. (?)

so ..I guess what you're saying is that no members are actively recruiting for,or promoting for a political figures campaign on this site..or the thread would be closed..correct?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissPoovey
reply to post by FreedomXisntXFree

Hello and welcome. I am also new here, except for my previous stalking.
I have to point out one thing you may have overlooked in your zealousness.
I do not want you to recruit me for anything! I do not have the slightest bit of interest in your movement no matter how precious you yourself feel it to be. I do not come to this website because I want to join, or show up somewhere because a stranger on the Internet thinks I should.
I hope I do not sound abrasive, that also does not interest me.
I am glad the mods disallowed your propaganda. You do not know me and do not know what I would or would not be willing to participate in.
Good luck and please give us a chance to be individuals. Not groupies.

We all have a choice to click onto something or not..many present links and other sources for us to read... and we are encouraged to supply references and such.

Why this person info was not made available leads me to be suspicious.

This person was not recruiting...in my opinion. Why join this site at all if you can't give links to things you find interesting..without someone coming along and saying "we don't want your propaganda"

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
This person was not recruiting...in my opinion.

A big reason we get consensus of available staff prior to action. One person's opinion, even on staff, does not an action (or inaction) make.

If it's about discussion, we're good. If it's about action, we're not. "Here is why I like (or don't) candidate X". Discussion and acceptable. "Sign this petition/attend this meeting/rally", not. Specifically, not when it calls for action off-site in terms of making something go viral by posting something elsewhere, attending meetings, or signing petitions. This thread specifically seeks to address a member's dissatisfaction with the site due to recruitment threads being deleted. That dissatisfaction is rooted in not being familiar with the Terms and Conditions

It's sometimes a fine line between advocating for an idea and recruitment for a cause. I think the overwhelming majority of the time, we walk it fairly well. You're free to disagree, but I fully stand behind the decisions and actions which have been made in this situation, and I guarantee we'll endeavor to be consistent in doing the same thing the next time this happens. And it will.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Thanks for taking the time to explain it with a little more detail.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I'm back. Still kind of surprised with the backlash but I see where the moderators are now coming from and I'm owning up to what I had done.

From what I understand though is that I am able to post a link to ANYTHING and just say check this out. IF the member investigates further its out of ATS' hands I assume.

I'm very surprised by the members saying "we don't want your propaganda" though. The real definition of propaganda is influencing one to join my cause for MY BENEFIT.

In this case what I'm advocating won't give me any kind of benefit. Yes, I am trying to make people aware of such an event occurring but where is my benefit? Only the people of the United States of America would benefit from such a event taking place.

It's funny how all those Anonymous video threads don't get taken down considering those are a blatant recruitment for a REAL cause which I absolutely advocate. Like I said, I think *some* members just came to this thread to troll in me a little bit. I'm not directing my frustration towards the moderators anymore but this T&C rule is kind of a fine line considering what I've seen on this site prior to becoming a member. I guess its moderators discretion.

edit on 16-8-2011 by FreedomXisntXFree because: typo

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

From what I understand though is that I am able to post a link to ANYTHING and just say check this out. IF the member investigates further its out of ATS' hands I assume.

Well, actually, you cannot post a link to just any old thing.
I'd suggest reading the T&C, especially all of item 15 and item 16, which begins here.

15). Posting: You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate. You will not solicit personal information from any member. You will not use information gathered from this website to harass, abuse or harm other people.

thru here

16h.) Public Affection: Explicit or overt displays of affection towards other members seen by staff as being disruptive to the board are strictly forbidden.

Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

edit on Tue Aug 16 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: clarity

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Well I didn't post anything that was false or misleading and I definitely wasn't showing any signs of affection towards anyone. I'm very confused with this post and apparently I came to the very wrong place.

What a shame. These are the people I thought I needed on my side. But maybe not, considering none of these people seem to want to actually participate in action. They rather be a forum warrior and complain about all the atrocities going on. I've been doing that for a while and I realized, "What am I waiting for?". Regardless of what the T&C says. Not one person seemed even interested and that is rather disheartening for this country.

These are the people, including myself, that are relatively educated on the subject matter of the Federal Reserve and how our country has been sold out.

This website is always advocating that we need deny ignorance. Well, so far some of the replys on my thread have been relatively ignorant. All I was ignorant about was the T&C and this is the first site to actually crack down on me for it.

I can't stress enough that I am sick of lurking these forums, going to bed, and waking up the next day and genuinely wanting to do something about what I had learned but WHAT? What can I do except educate others and continue to deny ignorance, That only goes so far. So acted and I shot myself in the foot using this site. What a shame indeed.

I'll see you all in the FEMA camps I guess. Then we can all *discuss* that.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

ATS is not a platform from which to launch a given individual's or group's 'campaign'.

If this is the case..why do I see so many political posts being made that seem to be about political campaign ?

Because discussing a political campaign is not against the rules.....Watch what happens if you try to recruit someone to a political campaign though....

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomXisntXFree
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Well I didn't post anything that was false or misleading and I definitely wasn't showing any signs of affection towards anyone. I'm very confused with this post and apparently I came to the very wrong place.
Then we can all *discuss* that.

Did you only read just the two that he posted? Because there are more he was asking you to read. You have to click the link and read it....

That's why you don't get it.

It's simple really. Just read the T&C....

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
By now, YES, I have read this coveted T&C and unfortunately I disagree with some of the things it entails but I am forced to abide by them.

I will not hesitate to walk the fine line though. If you would all please stop telling me to read the T&C I'd appreciate it. I really don't care. It is straying from the point I'm trying to make. Initially, yes I violated the T&C but as you can all see that my last few posts have been OKed I guess.

STOP coming here to *discuss* all of these awful things that are going on in our current events. Do something about it. Telling me to read the T&C is a waste of our time at this point.

This is about the course of history and that every single one of you can actually do something about the things you have learned to loathe. We, like minded individuals, can actually do something great rather then type away at our keyboards. This isn't about some petty T&C rule breaking that I intend to avoid breaking in the future.

The funny thing is that I broke the T&C while attempting to advocate the things that I have read on this board. Irony.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
To quote 4chan's /b board. We are not your personal army. Whether you're gaining people to help you yourself or a cause. It's just not cricket, mate.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
The more I think about it you could say a lot of people on this site are "recruiting" for Ron Paul. Not that I'm against it but if we are going to talk about violating T&C.......this seems to be no different then what I did. I'll just word it along the lines of "Hey, check this out, this is important" next time.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Never mind.
edit on 17-8-2011 by FreedomXisntXFree because: TYPO

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

IF
your not happy with
ABOVE TOP SECRET
then find another site to vent your steam

why sign up in the first place

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
If you are going to post please read more then the title. Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join