It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello, I'm not happy with ATS.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomXisntXFree.

First I need to get past the moderators......then the Establishment.

[font=courier][color=FF9600]You’ll not get past any moderators here! I can not count how many times I have almost got the banhammer. Just read up on your T&C and you will do just fine. Don’t do anything I wouldn’t do... wait that’s bad advice. Welcome to ATS!

~AMNQ[/font]

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomXisntXFree

Hi there, Freedom. Welcome to ATS! It is an amazing place. Just a heads up, here is the exact section of the Terms and Conditions of Use that explain why your original post was removed and why it will probably be removed again.

15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation: i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

Link to Terms and Conditions of Use

If you read the T & C document and abide by the rules and regs noted therein, you'll have nothing to worry about from the mods. Again, welcome to ATS. I hope to see you around the forums.

edit on 16-8-2011 by dalloway because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
While I see where I "violated" the T&C......what I'm advocating is what I feel the very heart of ATS advocates. For me to be shunned for actually doing *something* about what WE ALL TALK ABOUT ON THESE FORUMS is ridiculous and hypocritical. I understand this is an "intro" page but we, the people, don't have time for petty forum moderation.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS.

I think that they do not let people organize anything is to cover their own asses, which is a smart move anyways.

I would rather a grass-roots word-of-mouth rally than trust some random person on the interwebs.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I understand you all but I attempting at harnessing the power of the internet. The internet is our greatest form of "word of mouth" in the 21st century. Facebook, in my opinion, is the greatest form in starting a "following" for anything. Heck, I'm sure there is a 1 million member group for how much people hate Snookie from Jersey Shore and that doesn't mean anything. The following I'm advocating is a rally on Washington to free ourselves from the Federal Reserve. Think of the thousands that showed up for Obama's Inauguration when they believe they were getting "real change". Imagine if we could get a million strong outside the White House for REAL CHANGE and to stop the dirty politics. That is all I was "soliciting".

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I mean word-of-mouth as in actually hearing someone say something.

Well, good luck to you in your endeavors.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I know what you mean by literal "word of mouth" but I live in an EXTREMELY SMALL TOWN. The internet is the most practical way of spreading the word about an event of this magnitude.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomXisntXFree
While I see where I "violated" the T&C......what I'm advocating is what I feel the very heart of ATS advocates. For me to be shunned for actually doing *something* about what WE ALL TALK ABOUT ON THESE FORUMS is ridiculous and hypocritical. I understand this is an "intro" page but we, the people, don't have time for petty forum moderation.

I understand and agree with your frustration with the current state of things in the U.S., and I can guarantee you will find thousands and thousands of other ATS members with views identical to your own, but in expressing your beliefs and opinions, you will need to abide by the rules the owners of the site have laid out, not just on the Introductions forum, but on all of the forums and threads on the site. Think of it like this: The Terms and Conditions of Use are to ATS as the Constitution is to the United States. It is the framework for our interaction here on these forums. So, in a manner of speaking, a member of ATS flouting and denigrating the ATS Terms and Conditions would be the same as congress or the president blowing off the Constitution.

So you see, the moderation here on the site is anything but petty and is in fact absolutely necessary. You can think of the moderators as defenders of the ATS constitution.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
is it just me, or are alot of newbies kind of arrogant these days?

i've seen more and more people with new accounts saying things like "i'm not happy with ats" or "ats isn't what it used to be".

really? still wet behind the ears and they act like their opinions are signed off in gold ink by the pope himself. you're far from the authority on this matter and you should accumulate some time here before acting like your opinion carries weight.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Well YEA when all I am trying to do is gain momentum for something that I think ATS members would be a part of, then moderators take down my thread, I'm going to come off as kind of arrogant and angry.

Why all the backlash from ATS members? These are the last people I thought I would get flack from. All I'm trying to do is unite us as a community, ATS, and use our energy for something worth supporting.

Instead I get a bunch of forum "try hards" that will do anything in their power to try and put down what I and any other member try to say just for the benefit of their ego. I would have to say they are "trolls" in all respect. I think the other problem is is that members are coming to my thread, reading this "frustrated post" as my "introduction" and judging me for it. Trust me if my first "intro" wasn't taken down I think everyone would be on my side.

Please if you will just listen, even if you disagree with me right now, and search on facebook "SILENT MARCH ON WASHINGTON NOVEMBER 5TH, 2011" I think you will agree with the rhetoric you find there.

This is for the Constitution and the US of A. Not me.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I've never had a problem with ATS?
and I don't hold a degree in anything but life.I'll offer a bit of friendly advice don't come in defensive,don't take things people say too personally,and just relax and enjoy the ride.

oh... welcome to ats

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Have you looked at the T&C?

They're pretty easy to follow.... Once you know what not to do...it's pretty much free reign around here.

Welcome, btw.

Here's the simplified version for idiots:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ed7ec80a446.jpg[/atsimg]

BTW, don't let your 1st attempt discourage you and have a flag on me.

If you collect enough of them for posting awesome content, you won't have to look at all those annoying ads anymore.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The core reason for these type 'call to arms' posts being removed is simply because we do not allow recruitment or solicitation of our members to or for any cause, purpose or political action(s) whatsoever.

Why?

Because...

ATS is a venue for free & open discussion and debate.

ATS is not a platform from which to launch a given individual's or group's 'campaign'.

... as well as to protect our members' privacy, identity and the like.

Hope this helps to afford a better understanding of the reasoning for such.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomXisntXFree
Well YEA when all I am trying to do is gain momentum for something that I think ATS members would be a part of, then moderators take down my thread, I'm going to come off as kind of arrogant and angry.

You're fighting a losing battle.

No recruitment. Someone posted the relevant part of the T&C above, which you really should take the time to read. Those aren't idle suggestions, they're the terms and conditions of having an account here. Having an account allows you to participate. If you want to participate, it has to be in accordance with the terms and conditions. That's not negotiable.

Don't care about the reason or the cause or how great you think it is. We're a discussion site that draws a lot of traffic. We don't intend to have it overrun with people recruiting for causes. Even if it's a genuinely great cause. If we allow one, in order to maintain site neutrality we'd have to allow them all. And that isn't going to happen.

Discuss to your heart's content. That's why we're here. Continuing to push for recruitment of anything isn't going to end well.
edit on 8/16/2011 by yeahright because: Typo

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I don't know what to say now. I understand I officially had violated the T&C.

All I can say now is please just take a look at what I think you would ALL have an interest in. You don't have to join anything.

If ATS won't let me post this then where is a good spot to make something go viral?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

ATS is not a platform from which to launch a given individual's or group's 'campaign'.

If this is the case..why do I see so many political posts being made that seem to be about political campaign ?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Look, I understand your passionate and here is where I really differ with you. If your intention is to solicit participation in something, you are on the wrong site to do it. From what I have gleaned of your posts so far, you seem hellbent on getting people rallied together on Nov 5th for a march in Washington. So you already did solicit, anyone can see that. Only thing missing is the time. I expect this thread to find the same fate as the last one.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Welcome.
Hang around a while and you may find us regular chaps and chapettes aren't such try-hards, just people who just enjoy the opportunity to have decent discussions and complain about the state of the world. We're not so different from you, we just read the rules before rushing in guns blazing

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Hello and welcome. I am also new here, except for my previous stalking.
I have to point out one thing you may have overlooked in your zealousness.
I do not want you to recruit me for anything! I do not have the slightest bit of interest in your movement no matter how precious you yourself feel it to be. I do not come to this website because I want to join, or show up somewhere because a stranger on the Internet thinks I should.
I hope I do not sound abrasive, that also does not interest me.
I am glad the mods disallowed your propaganda. You do not know me and do not know what I would or would not be willing to participate in.
Good luck and please give us a chance to be individuals. Not groupies.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Hello!

Take it from an old pro, once you're here you get hooked! Welcome to the Hotel California.

See you around.

<< 1    3 >>

join