It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to be yourself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
How to be yourself, smash the t.v, burn the newspaper, leave home, throw all your money away, take all your clothes off, lie down, close your eyes, fade away, pass out and die.
Meet God and he will say "who are you?"
And you can tell him a name you didn't choose, the place where you were born, the house you lived in, the school you learnt in, the factory you earned in, the music you danced to, the people you talked to, the nature of your memories and then God will say "so who are you?"
And then unless you are quick you'll be stuck but if you are quick you'll reply I am a mass of chemicals coordinated by the will to live and with the ability to acknowledge my separate existence as the ode to the theoretical existence of the rest of the universe including you (God), at which point God disappears leaving you in charge and by definition BEING YOURSELF.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I leave my tv off most the time and turn it on to watch tennis which sort of gives my mind something to follow without getting upset or angry or sad. I can enjoy watching someone else work for a while and realize how easy I have it.
Sorry you think you are nothing more than chemicals or that God does not know you. It may seem that way sometimes and people in wars as innocent bystanders probably feel abandoned.
edit on 15-8-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

God is not real is the point i am trying to make.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gazzachel

I think it is like a catch 22 where if there was someone you could identify and describe as being real, by definition it would not be God.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gazzachel

lets face it mankind was ok until the church was invented and started inventing our history with fabled stories about how the earth was created.
when will people wake up and realise we are being controlled and used as slaves for the purpose of religion??

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
How to be yourself:

1) Realize we are nothing special, none of us
2) Don't worry about what others think, say, have or do, unless they literally, directly violate you
3) Try to learn some things - don't be a dummy
4) Try to remember you'll be dead one day soon, so appreciate the time you have
5) Notice that carrying this sense of appreciation, combined with avoiding drama, will bring you great inner peace!
6) Repeat steps 1 through 5 until yer dead

new topics

top topics

join