It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the poor and middle class just pay corporations and the wealthy to create jobs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Seriously, to listen to republicans you must believe that giving corporations tax breaks will cause them to create jobs. Well it did not do so in the 8 years of Bush.Nor is the Bush tax cuts helping the Obama economy. Why don't the republicans create a bill to just pay the corporations direct from tax revenues rather than having them pay taxes at all. That would surely cause them to create Jobs here in the good ole US?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Well at least the republicans have a plan to create jobs and that's far more than your hearing from democrats.

How high is unemployment still?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Didn't we do that already? I refer to TARP and QE1/2.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

You aren't understanding the concept...

Ok a business makes X money. Right now they have 100%

Say the Gov takes 20% tax, now they have 80%.

Part of that will pay salaries and the other part will be re-invested to the business.

The salary payout is finite where the reinvestment is variable.

So if the Business has more money, they will have a larger % to re-invest, which may be invested in exspansion, which creates jobs.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I am not really a Democrat but getting closer by the day. I don't care for Obama but 4 more years of Bush/Reagonomics is a huge waste of time and will only drive us further in the hole. Obama has done little different than Bush so basically we are still following the same stupid give the rich more money scheme. Must be an alternative.

I wish the Republican party would go ahead and push the Tea Part out and make them form their own. Would be nice to see 3 parties for once.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
considering that half this country doesnt pay taxes maybe they should.

instead of nickle and diming everyone else but them cant get a job? i wonder why

oh i know lets raise taxes on those people who employ the middle class and makes everything they use.

yep problem solved!

didnt see any jobs created from the potus stimulus bill or anything else hes done except for all of us to shovel the bs comming from washington.

shame we dont get paid for it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EmVeeFF

Its a failed theory. It does not work. Has not worked. Will not work. It has been proven to fail over and over. Why beat a dead horse. We need alternatives. Yes we need to cut the budget as well as raise taxes on the Rich. Seriously can't take money from people who have to choose between "great value" peanut butter and name brand when you can make a rich guy settle for one new Yatch.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
reply to post by kro32

I am not really a Democrat but getting closer by the day. I don't care for Obama but 4 more years of Bush/Reagonomics is a huge waste of time and will only drive us further in the hole. Obama has done little different than Bush so basically we are still following the same stupid give the rich more money scheme. Must be an alternative.

I wish the Republican party would go ahead and push the Tea Part out and make them form their own. Would be nice to see 3 parties for once.

The problem with this though is that there isn't enough issues where they are different on to be their own seperate party. That's the problem with third parties in general.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

You have been corrected on that lie more than a few times around here but that is a great way to start a post so I know the rest of it lacks any relevance.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

Originally posted by neo96

You have been corrected on that lie more than a few times around here but that is a great way to start a post so I know the rest of it lacks any relevance.
He is likely referring to income taxes, and that is very close to being true as you well know and as has been proven multiple times here.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

There is more to it though that actually modifies that number quite a bit.

Yes, 47% of Households Owe No Taxes. Look Closer.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani

finance.yahoo.com...

www.usatoday.com...

www.cbsnews.com...

money.cnn.com...

www.forbes.com...

lie?

yep all them must be lying and corrected by who?

ats?

edit on 15-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Corporations only create corporate jobs, all the while spending disgusting amounts of money to engineer people out of their labor force.

Nothing trickles down from these soulless jack-offs. The business model is a deathblow to middle class americans.

I want to puke every time I hear "job creators" in reference to these job destroyers.

Death is too good for them.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I do agree with one thing though. No one should get more money back by filling a tax return than they paid in. If there going to get wellfare it should be a wellfare check and not some undocumented wellfare payment. I think once you reach zero tax paid thats it no refund.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
And remeber now lest we forget, berry inherited this mess

I just want allllllllll the people collecting welfare to get a job. that would help, and i read somewhere that the top 10% pay 65% of the taxes. So, we have worked hard our entire lifes, made the right decision on which school to attend, buisness to work at or create...and now you want to tax us the most and foot the bill for all this sh$t. 2012 can not get here fast enough

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EmVeeFF

That's what should happen. That's what logic would dictate that they do. The truth, however, is that those profits simply get sifted off to investors or the executives who own lots of the company simply pay themselves billions. Expansion only occurs and jobs are only created when absolutely necessary, and then, the payrolls are kept to running the store on skeleton crews.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bo12au

A lot of the people on welfare are begging for jobs. And the top may pay 65% of the taxes, but they also have about that much of the wealth, so stop your whining.

Sorry, I have a hard time feeling sorry when I see people on my street having to choose between eating and paying their power bills because their company didn't meet the quarterly sales projections and then proceeded to lay off half the workers and move to China.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
reply to post by bo12au

A lot of the people on welfare are begging for jobs. And the top may pay 65% of the taxes, but they also have about that much of the wealth, so stop your whining.

Sorry, I have a hard time feeling sorry when I see people on my street having to choose between eating and paying their power bills because their company didn't meet the quarterly sales projections and then proceeded to lay off half the workers and move to China.

And ALOT of people are just living off the system, not even wanting to get a job. Yes I too have a problem with companies sending work over seas to save a dollar. Thats not the buisness I am in and never will be. I wish OBAMA or some body would come up with a NEW DEAL. Completely rearrange everything.this is what i want out of a president. And he is not getting it done, and to be fair no one on the right is going to do that but ron paul. Its time we really CHANGE the way we do business

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

Republicans love the wealthiest and love corporate America that is why they give away tax payers money in incentives, Bailouts (Bush started them) and tax brakes.

So far they have not done a darn thing to create anything but profits for themselves.

Still the new financial team mostly appointed by Pelosi wants more tax brakes to the rich.

Yes, the working class in the nation are the ones keeping the CEOs of corporations with outrageous bonuses while the wealthiest get to make mistakes and get money for it.

That is how our political whores are working on the downfall of America work force.

\We in America are one of the most corrupted nations when it comes to corporate interest and politics.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

"considering that half this country doesnt pay taxes maybe they should."---Yeah...The TOP half with all their breaks and loopholes

" but them cant get a job? " (Presuming this is the half of the country you meant)---Because there aren't any jobs to get

"oh i know lets raise taxes on those people who employ the middle class and makes everything they use. " How about instead of raising taxes on them... we take away the tax BREAKS they've enjoyed for the last ten years and put them back at the rates they are SUPPOSED to be paying...Later we can raise them. And they are employing fewer and fewr people now and they don't make anything anymore. They do the manufacturing in other countries now...The countries that they sent all of our jobs to.

I love the little quote under your name: "The truth is out there but you won't find it listening to me" It seems to hold true in this instance.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join