It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All US Wars Over!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

OK... not that I don't like the idea, but HOW can Ron Paul stand up to the entire military-industrial complex, it's billions-making high corporate criminals, to stop their wars... all this while remaining ALIVE? Paul has got to be some kind of bulletproof superhero. 'Coz the last time a US president stood up to this mafia, it was a Kennedy, and you all know what happened.

Even if he gets elected, do you really think he's gonna stand up to his great promises? Wouldn't this be another Obama-like deception?
edit on 16/8/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

No, it would be far from an "Obama like deception". However, You're correct that he would have a very hard time even being elected because of the powers that be. And you're equally correct about the fact that if he was to win the Oval office, he would have many problems with attempting to execute his out of the D.C mainstream policies. With that being said, what do we have to lose at this point though? ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I must say,John has to be rolling in his grave over the fact that his anti war slogan is being used for an election :/

That said, If Ron Paul some how manages to get elected( He wont..This is reality, but I hope he does) I hope you are right.

No more war.....At least untill the next president.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I disagree. Our war efforts have kept our military readiness through the roof. Not even an alien invasion could topple our God blessed military in a conventional war. And before you reply to my comment arguing that we still haven't won against Irak or Afghanistan let me remind you that we did defeat them both in under 2 weeks of conventional war fighting. Ever since then it has been an occupation while fighting insurgents that blend in with the general population using guerrilla style tactics. Fact is, we're the undefeated conventional war-fighting superpower of the world and I'm itching for China to awaken the sleeping giant once again.

USA will cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war! Pounding to dust, burning to ashes and ripping to shreds all of China.

General Douglas MacArthur was right.

edit on 16-8-2011 by JohnnyWarbucks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I'm in guys. I've never supported a candidate in my life but i'm getting RP bumber sticker for my truck and a sign in my apt window. Not much but a start.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyWarbucks

Agreed 100%. War is effective for conquering an enemy not an idea. Our occupation and attempt at westernizing does not work and likely cannot. We have a "war on xxx" for everything and they all fail. Except the war on education, it's making us all stoopid as planned i think.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

To reply to you specifically, if soldiers are brought home from wherever they happen to be deployed, they will most likely be put on leave, and they will have time to enjoy themselves. If they continue to want to be a part of the army ( which I promise most of them will not) they will be provided with positions based on their levels of capability. There will of course be a portion of these troops that are not given work via the military when they come back to the states, but once again with all that military training they received, they should be able to find a job right (being totally sarcastic)!! Unfortunately if the troops ever get pulled out of these countries, which they never will by the way because of the amount of money we would lose. Not to mention that I can guarantee we are in certain places due to another country wanting us to be there, and offering us something in return where it would be counter productive to leave. Either way it's a complete s**t storm, and it isn't going to change anytime soon, too much loss would be taken by pulling all these troops back.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
That was the plan from the beggining. Spread them out everywhere and use the economic straw man arguement (not you, just what they intened) to defend it. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I think most people at ATS understands that no matter who sits in office, the real authority is still at work.

"The real rulers in Washington are invisible and exercise their power from behind the
scenes." —Justice Felix Frankfurter, U.S. Supreme Court

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

He said in his recent straw poll speech to bring the troops home from around the world. South Korea, India, Lebanon, Germany.he said they should spend their money here.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Some people on FB are saying people are getting suspended from posting for 15 days, for posting too much on Ron Paul boards, citing "spamming" or "irrelevant content". Anybody heard of this? Irrelevant content on FB, that's just crazy talk!

Is this normal?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyWarbucks

You think you are strong, but you are pathetic. All your warmongering does is lead to strife and misery across the globe. You weaken humanity as a whole by desiring to destroy rather than build up your fellow man. The only time that violence is acceptable to any man with a conscience, is when it is done in self defense. People like you are the biggest problem in the world. #ing psychotic, hateful, violent, religious nuts. If there is a heaven/hell, I'd prefer to spend eternity damned, than have to spend it with the lowlifes like you that tried to turn Earth into hell. You disgust me.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Yep, they are major Obama supporters, and have shown their bias through censorship. My ex-girlfriend had this happen to her because she posted a new Ron Paul video once a day. That hardly seems excessive when you consider that people were posting MUCH higher amounts of pro Obama vids during the last election.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

Interesting, so it begins. Also, I see the MSM is now talking about "questions" being raised regarding social media, because flash mobs are using social media to coordinate their attacks...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Out of all the political issues that sets Ron Paul apart from the other candidates, you have to love his foreign policy. His foreign policy alone would have a positive effect on boosting our economy, reducing the deficit, protecting our boarders, saving American lives and improving America's image around the world!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

I would agree that Ron Paul would definitely be our best chance to end our troop involvement in conflict, I lean Libertarian and I would really like to see our people come home, I was in the Marine Corps and was in Kuwait and Saudi Arabia in Desert Storm. I did my job and did as I was told, and knew that the most important thing was to take care of myself and the people around me most importantly. IMO their are so many other motives for us being in these places other than just helping those poor people from evil, and of course alot of it has to do with money. I have no problem with the US helping other nations in this world and our troops have helped out so many people, but the ones giving the orders of course ars almost never in harms way, of course I can't possibly know what will happen if our troops all came home, but maybe we need to try it and see if the good people in some of these places can prevail. And there is always the if we don't fight them there we will have to fight here, well that just might be inevitable, if so I will just do that to the best of my ability, IMO we need to get back on our feet here and then see what we can do to help others, kind of like you can't help others very well unless you are healthy yourself. If only the nations of this world, including the US, could just think along the lines of WE meaning the people of our planet instead of just one nation.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mizarx
Make Love.. Not War !!
Support are troops that live and die for are country !!
They have given us Peace and Freedom and for this moment we have now !!
LOL, our you serious?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It's a nice theory, but of all places i can't believe so many people on ATS actually believe that voting works. TPTB are going to have a puppet. If someone runs that won't do their evil deeds, they won't win no matter how many people vote.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join