It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All US Wars Over!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I really do think the media's efforts to squash Ron Paul will end up backfiring in the end and will help propel him to the forefront. I predict a very interesting year leading up to the elections. Revolutionary fervor is present all over the world right now, and the American people will light up if they figure out the extent to which they've been lied.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I have already made my mind to vote for R.Paul. His take on Cannabis is just a added bonus. We need to try in a totally different direction and I believe the first step is to stop all US wars AND help to those whom hate us then ask for help then once we help them turn on us.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I think I'm gonna faint, on CNN Jack Cafferty just did an entire segment on Ron Paul, and how he was right all along, and how the media is ignoring him. He chastized Wolf Blitzer about not giving him more coverage, and Wolf nervously tried to back track and say he is a player, and that other Republicans are starting to copy his message. This is the 2nd day in a row Cafferty plugged for RP. We have a voice in the mainstream media now!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Wait, so i'ts now perfectly o.k. to use this site to recruit people to your own personal cause?!? I guess things have changed around here............

I like old boy Ronny, but I'm not going to use this site in order to "spread the word". I'm guessing because you don't fully understand why I am saying this, you don't understand why your actually HURTING the man’s chance of getting anywhere.

The last thing any candidate needs is a place like this endorsing him, or trying some dumbass grassroots’ bs like this thread. All the MSM needs to do is point out sites like this that “endorse” whomever they don't want elected....and BAM! That candidate is now seen as a complete, tin foil hat wearing whack job.
If you really want the man to get elected, you’re not doing him any favors right now.
People's lack of public relations knowledge when it comes to politics is why we NEVER end up with a good candidate, and this is a PERFECT example.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by murch
reply to post by conar

Sad to say this but if all US troops came home your economy would die a death quick as you like. Understand this people. Your goverments say we will bring the troops home etc but the fact is wars make money. I know some are going to come back saying "but we spend x amount on this war and that war". Iraq's oil output will quickly pay it back. Even if the war costs a thousand trillion there is more than 7 times that available in oil at todays prices.

Take into account the amount of US businesses that have employees working there (200 000 for DoD alone) and then factor in unemployed soldiers, well you can see where this is going.

You are correct, wars do make money, but they also create debt for the taxers of this country to pay back. So I have to ask, who is profiting from these wars? I can honestly say that I haven't seen a dime of the money made off of these BS wars. If wars are so great for the economy then way are we the taxpayers saddle with 15 trillion in debt?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Fox News even had Paul on this morning discussing how most of the media has been ignoring him. Something isn't right about this. I believe that they have realized that their original plan was not working, so now they are gonna cover him and repeatedly bring up his comments about Iran's nukes, as well as his over-all anti-War stance in the hope that it will turn off all the GOP's sheoplized voters. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Well, we need to get somebody on the campaign to help him drill down his message more clearly. He is not weak on defense, and he needs to make that more clear. Again, the key word is defense.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Ron paul's new ad

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Absolutely. One thing is for sure, Anytime he is on any of the Networks, it will be "so you said Iran should have Nukes?". ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Perhaps bringing troops home is not such a great idea after all.

If the American forces are removed from Afghanistan, the rare minerals of the area might fall in the wrong hands, or even become untouchable.

Removing the Armies and Fleers of America from the international land and water might be taken as a sign of weakness. Russia and China will step in.

Pakistan's nukes may fell in the wrong hands.

Serbs and Albanians might start fighting again.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by masterp

And that's the double ended sword, now isn't it? If we don't compete in the battle for resources and bases around the Globe, someone else will. It's a do or die situation. This realization has contradicted my beliefs many times. Still trying to find an answer to this question. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I live in the U.K but am a big fan of Ron Paul. The man talks sense, at least he does at the moment. Hope that if he makes it that his actions will match his words. We can only hope.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ooScotty

Appreciate your kind words brother. You guys have a Paul of your own. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Ron Pauls Military donations is more then two fold the amount of military donations of all the other candidates. Just goes to show you how much of our Military want's to end all the wars.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Here you go (Jack Cafferty commenting on Ron Paul being ommited):

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SelfSustainedLoner
Ron Pauls Military donations is more then two fold the amount of military donations of all the other candidates. Just goes to show you how much of our Military want's to end all the wars.

Yep, He's received even more than Obama. I believe it was something like $36,000 from active personell, and Obama received only around $28,000. Yeah well believe me, taking a combat shower (baby wipes) everday isn't very enjoyable. ~SheopleNation

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

This whole RP thing is going to be something to watch.I feel at the very least RP is going to force "SOMEONES" hand,he is so out of the box that if it looks like he will win anything can happen.The MSM can't control him by ignoreing him any longer,he is in the face of everyone this time and could pull it off.

One hand he will force is a dream ticket,like Perry/Romney and Bachman.I have read enough about all of them that tells me they are just the same O same O.

If Ron Paul had not said how he felt about Iran getting the bomb he would have won the poll and be in the lead,but then he would not be the straight up guy he is.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline
If Ron Paul had not said how he felt about Iran getting the bomb he would have won the poll and be in the lead,but then he would not be the straight up guy he is.

He just needs somebody to coach him on drilling down on the point that Iran is a joke militarily, and if Israel wants to take out their nuclear program, they're more than welcome to do it themselves, as they easily could. We need to use OUR military to defend US. Iran doesn't have the ability to hit us here, nor would they have the desire if we weren't in their backyard threatening them. That's the answer he needs to put out there when they pull that BS.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
go Ron Paul!!!! You got this!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

wow buddy, that is a pretty negative, if not defeatist attitude you have. who cares if the MSM tries to use propaganda? Do you still get your news from the MSM? Not to mention we have already seen the media manipulating poll results to cast RP as a nut job and most people know that...RP in my opinion has the integrity, the passion, and the ideas to be a successful candidate. its all about educating yourself..

I think its great such a diverse group can come together here online, and ATS. we share ideas and educate each other and help better our knowledge, so that when we find the courage to share the things we have learned we can do it with poise and intelligence.
who knows, there might be people seeking direction in the coming election, so why not have forums for all of them?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join