It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All US Wars Over!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Dr Paul IS different, though! He isn't some guy who the Republicans are backing and pouring money into, the entire party is neglecting to count him as a leading contender in the elections, and the conservative media laughs at him.... Lest be known that a HUGE majority of people DO support him. I really don't know who will be the front runner, but it is sure going to be interesting when the primarys come and he wins. He is a libertarian running as a Republican so that he has a better chance than he has in the past few years... Hell, I voted for him back in 2008, I will vote for him again in 2012! To those that doubt he will keep promises--- You CAN'T look into his history as a politician and see corruption. Sure, he has some extreme ideas, and lots of people are weary because he "started the tea party movement," but this man is true to his word and his beliefs. He believes in the Constitution, which I should think all of the participants should eh?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
The US war is only just about to begin, throughout history no superpower has given up its status without a fight and America is on the cusp of losing that status. I will give it 5 years before the US is at war with China

And this is based on what you want to happen?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I have to admit surprise that so many attribute power to a US president. The US is quite clearly governed by other factions i.e. military industrial, corps and religious groups. Each of these has more direct control than the president so even if you did go into the job with good intentions I doubt you would be allowed to implement them. Rather than worry about who you are voting for maybe the worry should be WHAT you are voting for.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Ron Paul is no different than Obama. They are disconnected and live in a fantasy land where Idealism wins everytime. Problem is, Ron Paul has no concept of how the real world works.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by murch
I have to admit surprise that so many attribute power to a US president.

It's called being wilfully naive.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
So what are his thoughts on UFO disclosure?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I had an idea for a war is over, lennon, paul thing the other day.

It is true, war is over but only if we want it. Happy to see this. Thanks for brightening my day, Ron Paul is truly the only person running for president that will not only end all wars, but will refuse to go into Iran. Everyone else is ready to go drops bombs on countless other countries.

We are truly living in a world of maniacs doing maniacal things, and we are branded as lunatics for being sane.

How great would it be for Ron Paul to kill the same Big Government that (I beleive) killed John Lennon.

WAR IS OVER!!! If you want it.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by murch
I have to admit surprise that so many attribute power to a US president. The US is quite clearly governed by other factions i.e. military industrial, corps and religious groups. Each of these has more direct control than the president so even if you did go into the job with good intentions I doubt you would be allowed to implement them. Rather than worry about who you are voting for maybe the worry should be WHAT you are voting for.

The president is commander in chief of the armed forces. Obama could bring every single US troop in the world home immediately if he so choose to.

I agree, that people put way to much into the capabilities of the president but to be honest, with the use of executive orders given the force of law, they pretty much can do anything they want now. But yes, originally, Presidents don't have the power so many people seem to think they do. Certainly many other opposing factors will exist.

In the simple respect of ending wars though which this thread concerns, they have all the authority to do so at any time.

edit on 16-8-2011 by sageofmonticello because: so not sop

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Here's some things you Ron Paulites need to understand:

1) 90% of "overseas bases" are really little more than a handful of US Marines on embassy guard duties. The Italian Embassy in Washington DC has an Italian Carabinieri paramilitary police detachment stationed there. I also know that the British Army's Royal Military Police, the French Gendarmerie Nationale, and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police also have overseas embassy guard detachments so it's hardly unique to the United States.

2) Many of these "overseas bases" are US Army Special Forces training teams who were INVITED by the host nation. These are small groups of a dozen guys each ... as good as they are a dozen Green Berets can't take over a whole country. They are there to train with the host nation's military, share special forces secrets (ex. tactical methods), and in some cases to advise them on counter-terrorism, counter-insurgency, etc.

3) The only countries with NON-COMBAT US military deployments of over 1,000 personnel are: the UK (including Diego Garcia, Bermuda, Gibraltar, and St. Helena & Ascension Island), Germany, Japan, and South Korea. It's really not that unusual, the German Air Force does alot of training here in the United States (hollomon AFB in New Mexico), the British Army conducts armored warfare training in Canada, arctic warfare training in Norway, and jungle warfare training in Belize.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It doesn't matter if you all want the troops home or not.

What matters is their funding. $$$

And it's running out quick.

So by default, the wars will be over soon and they will come home.
If they can afford the ticket back that is!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Unfortunately its never going to happen as it would go against TPTB plans since they've probably determined in advance who's gonna be president next year...

edit on 16-8-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

Unfortunately its never going to happen as it would go against TPTB plans since they've probably determined in advance who's gonna be president next year...

If ever their plans to manipulate the votes doesn't work, Ron Paul is probably gonna be assassinated. If he does, we will all know he was right and died fighting the good fight with honor.

If I had the power, I would make him invincible

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Just to be able to sit back with a sigh of relief and realize that there is much more peace in the world.
Many people need that experience.
I'll pray for that.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12

##SNIP##

No other candidate would bring the all the troops home BUT Dr Ron Paul. Obama has expanded the world conflict, all while winning a Nobel Peace Prize. Amazing! Romney won't. Rick Perry and M Bachman won't. Hermain Cain? LOL. Sarah Palin? You becha, she won't.

NIce...beats out "LEGALIZE FREEDOM!" RON PAUL.

rotflmfao what is going to happen to the district of criminals, lame stream media, and the military industrial psychopaths when Ron Paul is President!
edit on Tue Aug 16 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: mod edit in quote

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Except for the war on the poor, the infirm, the homeless, the unemployed, the uninsured, etc. He will perpetuate those wars as that takes a government to solve them. He is as evil as the rest of those who would throw the least among us over the cliff.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Qemyst

Where I live - Seattle area - cannabis has been set as the lowest police priority by the voters. Of course you still have to watch for the dis-respecter of State's rights, Richard Nixon's DEA.

Ron pretty much has my support, although I worry that he will not put regulations back on the corporations who need them. My one concern though, so I don't see how things will get any worse from that. I mean we are already there.

However, I will run that risk if it means we might get rid of the Fed, and their goose that lays golden eggs the Federal Income Tax. I know of one State, in fact Obama's so called home State of Illinois, who because of how their State Income Tax law is worded, will no longer be able to collect State Income Tax until they reword and pass a new law. So many apple carts, so little time.

My only other concern is for Dr. Paul's safety. We all know - or damn well should know - what happened when JFK made his plans known that he would start overturning apple carts in his second term.

Am I worried he will behave like all the other recent past Presidents, by saying one thing and doing another? Not at all! I can tell when I am being lied to, there is always a "tell". I have yet to see any "tells" from Ron Paul. He looks directly at whomever he is talking to, his eyes do not shift, his hands do not fidget. Similarly, he never reads from notes, cue cards, or teleprompters because he knows what he believes. Others have to be reminded of what they have been told to do.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by beijingyank

rotflmfao what is going to happen to the district of criminals, lame stream media, and the military industrial psychopaths when Ron Paul is President!

Don't you know? Ron Paul does, and I am worried for him. But he has my vote!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Here's some things you Ron Paulites need to understand:

1) 90% of "overseas bases" are really little more than a handful of US Marines on embassy guard duties. The Italian Embassy in Washington DC has an Italian Carabinieri paramilitary police detachment stationed there. I also know that the British Army's Royal Military Police, the French Gendarmerie Nationale, and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police also have overseas embassy guard detachments so it's hardly unique to the United States.

2) Many of these "overseas bases" are US Army Special Forces training teams who were INVITED by the host nation. These are small groups of a dozen guys each ... as good as they are a dozen Green Berets can't take over a whole country. They are there to train with the host nation's military, share special forces secrets (ex. tactical methods), and in some cases to advise them on counter-terrorism, counter-insurgency, etc.

3) The only countries with NON-COMBAT US military deployments of over 1,000 personnel are: the UK (including Diego Garcia, Bermuda, Gibraltar, and St. Helena & Ascension Island), Germany, Japan, and South Korea. It's really not that unusual, the German Air Force does alot of training here in the United States (hollomon AFB in New Mexico), the British Army conducts armored warfare training in Canada, arctic warfare training in Norway, and jungle warfare training in Belize.

Now that you explain it with all that proof and evidence I feel so much better. When George Bush came into office I was bringing home $1300 a week, now I make $300 a week and am happy to have a job. Your point sir, is lost on me, eternally!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

There no way people can be blamed for being skeptical. Has there even been a politician that didn't lie?

Heres what we have to go on with regards to Ron Paul. He's never flip flopped on any issue with a 30 year voting record to prove it. Over that same period, his rhetoric has not changed. He has no personal baggage. No affairs, no trying to seduce young boys in bathrooms, no allegations or stories of rape or sending nude pictures over the web...nothing.

The less tangible is our own personal ability to evaluate people. Does Ron Paul seem like a liar? Is he a good decent person? What does your gut tell you?

Personally, I think there are few people in this World with his level of moral fiber let alone a politician...

Its hard to believe, but Ron Paul is the real deal. Embrace this opportunity.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by beijingyank

They're going to scurry like the cockroaches that they are.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join