It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America didn't do much in World War II (in Europe)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: orangetom1999

I sense that behind the scenes this is also the goal for England and eventually the USA...Sharia.

Someone was not successful with Communism here in America..they will settle for Sharia...by default.

Orangetom

We will see how England and France handles it first. America is not as culturally PC as those two countries are to allow whole areas to assume Sharia law.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: alldaylong

If Britain had been beaten, then where do you think the Normandy Landings would have been launched from?
Ireland maybe LOL

That is my point. We provided 46,000 bombers, 16 million troops, 80,000 tanks and a huge amount of supplies, but for some reason Britain didn't need any of it to win...hmmm

This is nonsense...it is still happening today...we as Americans bailing out the British.

Go back and watch the first Gulf War. The elder Bush was called to a meeting at The Aspen Institute..a British Think Tank with and by Margret Thatcher. The elder Bush went in a dove who was not going to do anything about SAddam Husseins invasion of Kuwait..and came out a hawk. Elder Bush was given his marching orders by his superiors and he obeyed.

We went into Kuwait and bailed out the British Crowns oil interests and contractual obligations which were hijacked by Saddam Hussein. The British Could not have handled this by themselves and we yanks were primary in doing the Crown's their bidding for them. Once again...when it was over..we got no new spoils or territories. SAme in Gulf War 2. We Americans are so stupid we never learn and must do it twice..then give it back again to lose it to ISIS or whoever or what ever they are calling it next time.

This is all being covered up by our leadership and a compliant news media..and public education system.

You have to become educated to be this naturally stupid not to be able to connect the dots in history. And Americans fit this bill nicely.

Just some food for thought..no cover charge.

Orangetom
edit on 27-12-2014 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
You had better all be thanking the Venetians, otherwise it'd be curtains for us all!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The British, in the India/Burma? The Aussies, in the SW Pacific?

Seriously, this whole argument of "who did the most" where ever is foolish. Every nation involved sacrificed young men to the maw of war. The Soviets. The Americans. The British. The Canadians. ...and a whole host of others. Think of a country, and they were probably involved in some fashion.

America did quite alot. But so, too, did many, many others. Any other thoughts do nothing but a disservice to those who lost their lives, or lost loved ones in the conflagration.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Xtrozero

The British, in the India/Burma? The Aussies, in the SW Pacific?

Seriously, this whole argument of "who did the most" where ever is foolish. Every nation involved sacrificed young men to the maw of war. The Soviets. The Americans. The British. The Canadians. ...and a whole host of others. Think of a country, and they were probably involved in some fashion.

America did quite alot. But so, too, did many, many others. Any other thoughts do nothing but a disservice to those who lost their lives, or lost loved ones in the conflagration.

It is indeed foolish ...correct..quite correct. All these nations bled and perished with their finest blood for someone else's profits when it was done. They got no new territories or spoils. These peoples in all these nations paid a terrible price. Their governments and certain people in their government got rich on this war without most knowing it was going on. Just as they are doing today.

The Indians died all over the Pacific..as did the Aussies. The Aussies died in Europe in WW1...big time at Gallipoli..but other places as well. Only later did we join them when the American people could be sold to it and also the whole French Army went on strike in WW1.

Yes..a very covered up piece of history...hidden from most peoples..the French army went on strike/mutinied and refused to go over the top to the charge of artillery and machine guns.
The French and British both were not a match for the organization and discipline of the German military.

en.wikipedia.org...

This is a very covered up history and seldom taught to people today. This event is what got the British to realize they needed another army to enter the fray for them and bleed and die in replacing the French Army. And that Army was the American Army...in 1917.

Woodrow Wilson got re elected on the platform that "He Kept US Out of the War." Very shortly he got us into war on the side of the British when the found that they could no longer control the French to die for the Crown's profits.

It would be a great thing for the American Army and our military to go on strike for the next war and not die with our finest blood again and for ..someone else's profits.

There is a lot to every war which is hidden and not taught in the history books..we are never to know of these events.

These wars are not what they appear to be on the surface. There is often more going on underneath than meets the eye.

Orangetom

edit on 27-12-2014 by orangetom1999 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I didn't start it the OP did with this... hehe

America didn't do much in World War II (in Europe)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: orangetom1999

I sense that behind the scenes this is also the goal for England and eventually the USA...Sharia.

Someone was not successful with Communism here in America..they will settle for Sharia...by default.

Orangetom

We will see how England and France handles it first. America is not as culturally PC as those two countries are to allow whole areas to assume Sharia law.

Erm, there is no Sharia law here in the UK. UK national law is the law of the land.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Erm, there is no Sharia law here in the UK. UK national law is the law of the land.

Maybe law of the land, but you have heavy Muslim neighborhood areas that practice Sharia law. If you do not believe me go see the Muslim Patrols in Shoreditch then...hehe
edit on 29-12-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: misterbananas

I respect the Americans put in equal amounts of effort to the UK and Russia.

What pissed me off is Hollywood and American history books that seem to ignore the contribution of there allies.

Biggest piss off is D-Day.

UK put equal number of troop to the USA and the Royal navy made it possible.

UK took 2 beaches all by the plan and took light losses and held the right flank against a counter attack that could have ended the whole campaign.
Result= Ignored

Canada takes a heavily fortified beach manned with SS, but easily wins cause it all went to plan.
Result= Ignored

USA screwed the plan up at Omaha, losses 5000 men and only barely pulls victory off by the skin of there teeth
Result= all the glory and films made about it.
edit on 29-12-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
a reply to: misterbananas

I respect the Americans put in equal amounts of effort to the UK and Russia.

What pissed me off is Hollywood and American history books that seem to ignore the contribution of there allies.

Biggest piss off is D-Day.

UK put equal number of troop to the USA and the Royal navy made it possible.

UK took 2 beaches all by the plan and took light losses and held the right flank against a counter attack that could have ended the whole campaign.
Result= Ignored

Canada takes a heavily fortified beach manned with SS, but easily wins cause it all went to plan.
Result= Ignored

USA screwed the plan up at Omaha, losses 5000 men and only barely pulls victory off by the skin of there teeth

Agreed, but the issue isn't that Europeans deny the contribution made by America (apart from the obvious profiteering at a national level started with Hoover in WW1, and the Marshall Plan in WW2 that left many European countries in debt to America for generations, nor come to think of it their lack of decisiveness in which group to join - blame Joe Kennedy for that at the onset of WW2), but more the fact that the likes of HBO and Hollywood pander to their home audience and give their version of history lessons to their viewers who are led to believe that no one fought in Europe against the German force other than USA and maybe half a dozen members of the French Resistance,

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

Dunkirk. Remember that debacle when Hitler allowed the English soldiers to be evaced?

The UK victory at the battle of Britain says over wise.....A victory that happened BEFORE the US got involved.

Your war was lost.

Again the defeat of Hitlers attempted invasion on Britain says over wise.
Hitler gave up on the UK long before the US entered.

We defeated them with your wornout help, and, yes, the Russians were right there from the other side, but damnit, the British were only tag-alones to the real push to Berlin. Do you also remember the Battle of the Bulge? Who drove the Germans back? Who built the tens of thousands of B-17s,

Worn out help? Tag alongs? Thanks for pissing on the Graves of the UK troops who died side by side with you ungrateful Americans. UK troops that took 2 beaches at D-Day and were in Europe in the same amounts as Americans. Also the UK that stopped Romels advance in Africa Before the US turned up and finished him off. The same UK that tied up over a million Japanese troops and equipment in Burma.

who backed up your defeated navy?

I wasn't aware the Royal Navy had been defeated. The decimation of the German surface fleet says over wise.

I could go on and on putting your drivel into its place.

Your the one talking drivel

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: lonewolf19792000

You speaking english right now arent you and not german? Sure, D-Day did nothing to help the effort whatsoever. We lost thousands of men taking that damn beach alone, i didnt see anyone else with the balls to assault a fully fortified and held beachfront.

^^^^^
Here is a prime example of what pisses me off.

This ill educated poster failed to learn:
1) the UK took TWO beaches alongside the US 2 beaches.
2) Canada took 1 beach that was just as heavily defended as Omaha.
3) The only reason the US lost 5000 men on Omaha was a number of things went wrong unlike the UK/Canada counter parts
4)UK dropped large quantities of Paratroopers and glidersalongside the USA and held a flank at Pegasus bridge that kept
a counter attack of Panzers at bay while those on the beach finished winning there victoys.
5) the Royal Navy secured the channel so everyone wasn't sunk and killed in there Landing craft by U boats.
6) If the US had not taken Utah and the UK Gold either side of Omaha and the US and UK paratrooper went causing caos behind, Omaha would likely have gone down as a US defeat

D day was a incredible example of what ALLIES can do when they all have each others backs and work together.

A number of things went wrong that day, from failed tank landing at Omaha to bad weather messing up paratroopers drops.
But because everyone worked together and had each others backs the plan was pulled off.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: EarthCitizen23
No one really ever Paid America Back,,

Actually the UK did......

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
DP

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofsheba
reply to post by misterbananas

Say no more. Try again, child. Talk to a WWII vet who fought in the Battle of the Bulge and get a clear understanding of the experience and learn a little respect, why don't you?

My father helped to care for one of those gentlemen who suffered severe frostbite while over there "doing nothing". He was shot and left for dead in the subzero cold during the Battle of the Bulge. The man's hands, feet and other extremities were so swollen as to be useless and he needed assistance even getting out of bed. After his wife died my father helped with his care, going over at 3am to help him get up to he could make it to the bathroom. Jonny Sizemore died about 2 years after his wife.

We had countless thousands of men like him who apparently racked up terrible injuries doing nothing. Nearly all the survivors are dead now but if they weren't I would tell the OP to put down the books and go see one of them. Yes, Russia suffered horribly but that doesn't belittle the contribution that America and her soldiers made. Each of their lives was just as precious as any other.
edit on 29-12-2014 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Oh dear i can see who i am dealing with here.

Oh dear, ain't we a bit stuffy...

Ain't some of us a little uneducated? Does the American Education system cover history in courses called how America won everything (apart from the ones we didn't, but technically they were conflicts, not wars, so they don't count)? Honestly, you guys need to learn a little more than what you seem to be wet nursed on.

Over here we honour the dead of all countries, including the ones that were at the time the ones that opposed the values we stood for. Joe Kennedy said to the president of the USA not to support the UK as he was sure there would soon be swastikas over Downing street - thanks for that oh great gangster/UK ambassador.

HBO loves to paint WW2 as for some reason a singularly American victory - why? I really wouldn't know apart from who would be the people that subscribe to HBO?

Not sure why this pissing contest always seems to come up when somebody in America watches something like Saving Private Ryan and thinks that surely all I can see are Americans, so it must have only been Americans involved.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

How about the bridge too far...

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: milkyway12
A fool to disrespect? Please use your meat shield one more time in the coming war with Russia. We will annihlate the Russian military.

Yeah......Hilter thought that too.....

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

How about the bridge too far...

Different campaign.

Never said the UK didnt have its share of mistakes either.

In fact the point of my post want even about who made more mistakes (Germany would win that hands down anyway)
My point is the UK and Canada vital contribution get ignored beacuse we pulled our part of D day off without any major screw ups. US get the glory still.

congratulations on missing the point of my post.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

Ain't some of us a little uneducated? Does the American Education system cover history in courses called how America won everything (apart from the ones we didn't, but technically they were conflicts, not wars, so they don't count)? Honestly, you guys need to learn a little more than what you seem to be wet nursed on.

Over here we honour the dead of all countries, including the ones that were at the time the ones that opposed the values we stood for. Joe Kennedy said to the president of the USA not to support the UK as he was sure there would soon be swastikas over Downing street - thanks for that oh great gangster/UK ambassador.

So lets start with the title of all this... All I did was provide some facts...

To Russia...
In total, the US deliveries through Lend-Lease amounted to $11 billion in materials: over 400,000 jeeps and trucks; 12,000 armored vehicles (including 7,000 tanks, about 1,386[28] of which were M3 Lees and 4,102 M4 Shermans);[29] 11,400 aircraft (4,719 of which were Bell P-39 Airacobras)[30] and 1.75 million tons of food.[31]

To the war effort...
We provided 46,000 bombers, 100,000 fighters, 16 million troops, 80,000 tanks and a millions of tons of supplies.

And you said that Britain didn't need any of it to win, so please explain to me how well you guys were doing in the war effort prior to 1942? One thing America had was an untouched industrial system that could continue to crank out all that was needed. How long could Britain's industrial complex keep going with Germany's relentless attacks if the Americans were not there to bomb them almost back to the stone age? Of course Britain bombed them too, but Germany had superior fighters, tanks, weapons etc. so I'm just assuming that our additional 80,000 bombers made a dent...lol geez

Reichmarshal Hermann Göring, commander of the German Luftwaffe summed up when he said: "When I saw Mustangs over Berlin, I knew the jig was up."
Britain would never have established air superiority on their own...

Without our supplies to Russia, they were done by 1943, and without our efforts Britain was done too. Best case was a truce would happen as Germany took all the rest of Europe, then it would be just your little island and all of that... Most likely case, Germany would have established air superiority and bomb you guys back to the stone age...not to mention they were about a year away from the A-Bomb, I'm sure you guys were not far behind...lol

As I said I didn't start some pissing contest, but I was a little miffed by the OP's title.

edit on 29-12-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join