It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US man decapitated disabled son

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Police - US man decapitated disabled son
Updated: 04:50, Tuesday August 16, 2011

A US man is accused of decapitating and dismembering his disabled 7-year-old son and leaving the boy's head near the street so the child's mother would see it - a killing that brought seasoned police officers to tears, authorities said on Monday.

Jeremiah Lee Wright, 30, of Thibodaux has confessed to killing Jori Lirette, Police Chief Scott Silverii said. He said Wright was booked with first-degree murder and was held on Monday in lieu of $US5 million ($A4.83 million) bond.

Silverii's spokesman, Detective Ricky Ross, said he does not believe Wright has a lawyer.

Silverii said the motive was unclear, though Wright told police 'that he'd gotten to the point where he was tired of taking care' of the boy, who had cerebral palsy and heart problems, needed a feeding tube and was in a wheelchair.

'He said when he put his head out by the side of the road it was so the mother would see it when she came by,' Silverii said. He said Wright's only explanation for doing so was 'just that he wanted her to feel stupid when she saw the head'.

The police chief said Jori's feet and one hand also were cut off, recovered with the body in several white plastic garbage bags.

The slaying was the first in Thibodeaux since 2008.

Silverii said the boy apparently was decapitated over the kitchen sink, which was sent to the Louisiana State Police crime lab along with a box of tools found nearby. An autopsy taking place on Monday in Jefferson Parish would identify when the child died and what was used to decapitate and dismember the boy, Silverii said.

more

I read a post this morning and the member described human beings as a 'the human disgrace'...

well, this is another example of how deprived humans can be.

edit on 15-8-2011 by Thurisaz because: edit to correct

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I'm so tired of being disgusted by and ashamed of my fellow humans

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I live very close to this city, same city I was born in, and this incident has sent shockwaves all over south Louisiana, so I am not surprised its getting worldwide coverage. Its very tragic and infuriating that something so inhuman can be done. I don't think there is a level of punishment available that this disgrace warrants for this atrocity. I hope he suffers every second for the rest of his pitiful existence.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I could not reason with why he did what he did and the way he did it.

"left his Son's head out on the road so that his wife could see it and feel silly?"

Did he just wake up one day and decide... "Oh...I will chop up my Son?"

What the hell is wrong with people?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
By the way, the word at the moment is that it wasn't his son, it was his gf's son.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
It seems like there's been a huge increase of insane types of crimes lately. Stuff that you just cannot imagine happening.

People all over are really losing it these days...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I don't think it's increased. I think we just hear about with greater ease now.

If you are truly unable or unwilling to continue taking care of your disabled child how about going and getting some help? Tell someone that you are feeling resentful and are worried about being alone with the child. Beats killing them. Sick #.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sporatux
By the way, the word at the moment is that it wasn't his son, it was his gf's son.

terrible... I just read it again and yes... he has a different surname so the word at the moment maybe true.

!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
What is the worst prison in Louisiana? The public down there should insure this guy lands there and in general population. Give him TOP medical care and tell the inmates not to kill him or else.....ANYTHING else? Well...things happen in prison. We just would't want him to die a day sooner than it can be stretched into.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
that is one sick bastard. I feal that in times like that the eye for an eye theory shuld be used

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

Thurisaz this is a really extreme action. Kind of reeks of someone not being in a clear thinking right state of mind. I'm not defending the actions of the alleged perpetrator. Still we should consider that not all people are able, willing or trained to be responsible for an ill person. I'm not saying it was the childs fault; we know better. I'm saying we don't know what these parents have gone through day after week after month after year. We have not walked their path.

That poor child, his suffering is over and i hope a sweet, warm and wonderful afterlife has greeted him. The father might not yet have come to his senses and realized the depth of what he has done. Actions as incredibly severe as this are not every-day fare. I think it is possible this man entered the throes of madness and truly lost his mind.

Before the "I'm so tired of people claiming temporary insanity" chanters harmonize I hope they peek around on the 'net and get an idea of how rarely this defense is allowed. And a temporary insanity plea even when allowed rarely results in a light sentence or a miscarriage of justice. What makes people think a Judge - a person who was a lawyer of experience with many connections - is in any way qualified to assume the role of a trained & licensed psychiatric professional, completely mystifies me. Logic states this is not justice in itself.

I am so sorry this happened at all. Many lives have been shattered from this. I'm glad I'm not that father and I can't imagine the depth of grief he is going to face.

This story reminds me of how blessed parents are to have a healthy happy baby. There are no guarantees in the childbirth process that I know of. We need to be thankful for the blessings we've been given. And along the way I'm hoping we can have sympathy for those who had to travel a different, more difficult path.

readers please note: this is just my opinion. it's not based on what you learned in college, researched online or wrote a paper about. i'm just an idiot. if it makes you feel swell to launch a sarcastic retort my way to display your brilliance while highlighting my incredible ignorance, have at it and enjoy. i'm just another dooshbag tossing out his 2 cents worth. thank you

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It's a sick, sick world we are living in. This planet needs cleansed of all of these evil people. I just hope the child is in a better place.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I'm waiting for them to NOT mention the prescription drugs he was taking at the time.
Fluoride and Aspartame are never mentioned but team players in all of it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
reply to post by Thurisaz

readers please note: this is just my opinion. it's not based on what you learned in college, researched online or wrote a paper about. i'm just an idiot. if it makes you feel swell to launch a sarcastic retort my way to display your brilliance while highlighting my incredible ignorance, have at it and enjoy. i'm just another dooshbag tossing out his 2 cents worth. thank you

your disclaimer is great!

but you should not put yourself down.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I read what you had to say and yes, I considered he must have not been in his right mind...but that is not a defense. I guess I am just trying to reason with it for myself.

maybe the guy was always like it? extreme way of murdering a peron. Even if the carer was overwhelmed with responsiblity does not justify killing like that...

reason of insanity? maybe ...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ayerish
I'm waiting for them to NOT mention the prescription drugs he was taking at the time.
Fluoride and Aspartame are never mentioned but team players in all of it.

maybe this is a contributing factor? yanno... all the preservatives or poisons cause humans to behave like this?

2nd line

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Very sick and sad. I've heard a lot of cases like this lately as well as discussions a rise of "Honor Killings".

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

I have always rather thought that the true criminally insane in society are MORE dangerous and MORE needing of removal from society for the rest of their natural lives than ruthless killers. In the case of a mob hit man or some other ruthless type, reason and the ability to choose decency in life may still come ..someday. Not so with those who truly qualify for the designation of insane, in my view.

Of course it isn't politically correct to call anyone criminally insane anymore. We have to say they suffer from a 'disease' and need 'treatment'. Well, No... SOME of these animals simply need physical confinement and we can take the budget cutting approach to the extreme while designing their confinement. Comfort need never be a part of SOME of these people's lives again.

new topics

top topics

join