It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 Best Cities in the USA to Live in

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

www.examiner.com

Once again this year, Money Magazine has released its prestigious list of 'The 100 Best Cities to Live In' in the United States:

I'm surprised at some of the cities (in Illinois - where I live) that made the list and equally surprised at a couple of cities that didn't make it.

What's your take on your part of the country?
edit on 15-8-2011 by ChicagOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
www.examiner.com...

Money Magazine has released its list of "100 Best Cities to Live In" in the United States for 2011.
While I only know Illinois well, I am surprised at the cities that are listed as well as surprised at some of the cities not listed.
How does the list stand up to your opinion of cities in your state?

Click the link to see the entire list of 100 Cities: www.examiner.com...

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Is this Breaking conspiracy news?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

there is no best Cities in the USA to Live in i think your forgetting about unemployment rates in them, polls are meaningless.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
What criteria did they use? I see none listed.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
BS. Not one single city is on there from my state. Nashville and Knoxville Tennessee are some of the nicer cities in the South.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DivineIntervention

yea i feel you. im in LA and Im supprised New
Orleans isnt on there. lol i guess we just like to drink and eat crawfish too much. im pretty sure the history channel skewed the world's view on LA with swamp people......just to let you know we arent all like dat chaaa choot em elzabet haha

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I apologize for the miscategorization. ATS quickly corrected my error.

Like others, I have concerns about the list's omissions and inclusions. Of the criteria someone asked about, median salary of households, unemployment rates, and population were some of the major criteria mentioned, as I recall. Likely, crime rates were part of the equation as well. Many of these scarcely-known cities probably have no crime to speak of.

edit on 15-8-2011 by ChicagOpinion because: Added more content

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Ok they mention WAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY Too Many NJ cities for me to take this list with anything but a grain of salt or moreso (cough cough) Without holding my nose from the smell of BS!

ETA: I would not advise ANYONE of fair skin to dare tread in South Brunswick NJ after dark, I think they must have been high when listing that city!!!!
edit on 15-8-2011 by ldyserenity because: add

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

I was happy to see two of my cities show up on the list. And I live in one of them

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CeeRZ

There were several from Texas where I am from ....None of the cities are close to me though. Well, some are close-ish....
edit on 15-8-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Wow.
5% percent are in Texas.
Go Rick Perry!!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

The elite suburbs north of Chicago and west of the city like Hinsdale aren't on the list. Go figure.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChicagOpinion
reply to post by Alxandro

The elite suburbs north of Chicago and west of the city like Hinsdale aren't on the list. Go figure.

Cost of living!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Folks, for starters, this is for suburbs. Second of all, this has nothing to do with who has the biggest/nicest houses. This is about LIVABILITY! They look at median HHI, cost of living, services offered, crime rates, school district rating, taxes, insurance rates, etc... This is not a mine is biiger than yours contest!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Folks, for starters, this is for suburbs. Second of all, this has nothing to do with who has the biggest/nicest houses. This is about LIVABILITY! They look at median HHI, cost of living, services offered, crime rates, school district rating, taxes, insurance rates, etc... This is not a mine is biiger than yours contest!

Your comment about the suburbs is redundant to the survey because big cities are knocked out of the competition with their crime and excessive tax rates. Big cities are included but don't make the cut.
Sorry to disagree, my friend.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I'm laughing. New Jersey, Connecticut, Ohio? Taxachusetts? Really? And nothing in the south...There's Florida but everybody there is from places like NJ, CT, OH and MA! Hahaha...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
So, why isn't Martha's Vineyard on here?
If it's good enough for Obama...
I'm just sayin'!
edit on 21-8-2011 by ChicagOpinion because: (no reason given)

top topics

join