It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Devin Townsend appreciation thread!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This is a thread for all Devin Townsend fans and people willing to give some new music a try!

A little about the genius - Wiki

I'll start it off with two polar opposites.

Here is a chilled out track from the fourth part in The Devin Townsend Project called Ghost. This track is called .Kawaii

and up next is his other extreme. This is a beastly track called Sumeria from Deconstruction- the third album in The Devin Townsend Project.

Oh, and while I'm at it I may as well throw in the opening track to Ziltoid

So slap up some tracks you like or if you just wanna throw out some HevyDevy appreciation then go for it, he is a legend amongst men after all haha

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
He is the Terry nutkins of metal....

Much love from Scotland for Dev

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Ahh, Devin Townsend is AWESOME. I've loved all of his work since I first heard him through Steve Vai.

And from there, all the work he did with Argen Lucassen through the Ayreon project, The Human Equation... The choice of him to play the part of "rage" is just perfect lol

It's one of my favorite songs, to boot

You'll have to listen to the song til the chorus to hear him, but he's amazing in the song.

Frankly, all the songs on The Human Equation album with him are just amazing. His ability to effortlessly convey deep emotion into his voice is just great. Love the guy, big time.

Another one from that project is this song... Loser...

Thanks for the thread. Always great to be able to share not only Devin, but Ayreon, as well. Not enough people know about the awesome music coming from that project

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Here's a new Gojira track with Devin Townsend on vocals. Sick song.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

Ahh I forgot he was on The Human Equation, day three is a brilliant track, devy wrote all his own lyrics as well Arjen said which makes it 10x as awesome. much love for that album and 01011001!

Thanks for the thread. Always great to be able to share not only Devin, but Ayreon, as well. Not enough people know about the awesome music coming from that project

couldn't agree more, quality music for those who wish to listen! It doesn't get much better than progressive metal
edit on 15/8/2011 by constant_thought because: because I don't eat the cheese burgerz guys, I'm a vegemetarian

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OrganicAnagram33

nice, going to have to buy that 'un

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by constant_thought

Ziltoid is hilarious.

Then there's Strapping Young Lad.

new topics

top topics

join