It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Ron Paul won't be President" - Military Industrial Complex Spokesman on Fox

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
This is my take on why it is a possibility that Paul could win. First, when people start waking up, it’s slow in the beginning but then starts growing exponentially, like a nuclear reaction. People have slowing been waking up since Reagan, and you can see the awareness of the Fed, a single currency, NATO, UN, etc. in the mainstream, people are beginning to align and see the truth. It takes only 10% of the population to create a paradigm shift. Next is the new media. We don’t get all our info from T.V. Radio. The internet isn’t controlled. The Drudge Report is the #1 news site and they are fair towards Ron Paul. You Tube, anyone can hear what the man truly has too say, and listening to one debate or speech from RP can be very powerful and break any dis-info from the msm. Also, he is already having an effect b/c he is framing the other candidates platform, which gives his more credibility. Lastly, if this universe, and life can just come to be, Ron Paul has a chance people, it’s in the realm of possibilities.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

Thanks friend, well said to all.

And no, not calling you a slut, ha. Ho by way of greeting, yes. Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

Thanks Rockdisjoint...apologies for any offense, then. Agreed generally with the sentiment on some drugs, but I'm afraid our policies do more harm than good there. We can get into the issues with prohibition some other time, though.

You might be right about people blaming Paul and his ideas if he were in office when the wheels fell off, but that's going to happen regardless, and I'd like to have someone involved who has some grasp of the right steps to take to mitigate the damage as well as start working to correct. If we don't have that, I forecast dark days.

As far as statism and voting...in some cases, it can definitely seem pointless, and I don't believe anyone should ever sanction the process or bad choices outright by knowingly voting for "the lesser of two evils", but I do believe if there is someone actually worth supporting for a position in which they might actually be able to work towards a correction and improvement of social ills, then it's worth the step (I had to abstain from the general election in 2008 as I could support neither Obama nor Mccain - if Paul doesn't get the nomination again this time, likely the same unless I write-in as a protest).

I definitely understand the sentiment, but completely stepping out of the system also kills as it leaves the choices totally up to the uninformed or those who are outright and paid for, among other things - and I don't see how anyone can even try to expect any improvement in that case. It would seem to merely enable the wrongness instead of trying to do anything about it. It reminds me of what Burke said:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Not looking for any debate on any of this, but am curious about the last bit so would appreciate your further thoughts - do you just suggest letting them have their way and trying to eke it out with what we end up with on the back end? Please clarify for me as it doesn't seem to make much sense to me to just keep letting knuckleheads apparently set on continuing wrong action without trying to change anything on a local, state, and national level...I simply cannot condone the failed policies and ruined lives of the war on drugs, war on terrror, refusal to utilize hemp, live within our means, have the FDA going after non-threats while allowing every harmful drug from big pharma to hit the market...and so much more. It's all so wrong, and it seems as though some advocate allowing it, unchecked.

Let me know, and take care.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

I think ATS should team up with social media networks to promote Ron Paul

That would be the best way to reach the masses that do not rely on MSM. However many of the
MSM followers have profiles on social media network these days.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Does it get any more blatant than that!?!?

"The next president will be Bachmann, Romney, Perry or Obama", so theres no point in supporing anyone else ESPECIALLY Ron Paul.

Wow I mean WOW!!!

"MESSAGE TO THE SLAVES KNOWN AS THE AMERICAN CITIZEN. YOUR NEXT PRESIDENT HAS ALREADY BEEN PRE-SELECTED. ANY DEVIATION OR DISSIDENCE WILL BE MET WITH FORCE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION".

edit on 16-8-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by robyn

There are two possibilities where Ron Paul is concerned.

a] He's a lying psychopath in sheep's clothing, to an even greater extent than either Bush or Obama were. In which case, sure, he'll probably get into power; but you'll end up really wishing he hadn't.

b] He's legit, and actually means what he says. Assuming this is true, there is no way in hell that he is vetted by the people who control who gets into office; and he either won't win, or if he does win at the ballot box, he will have his head blown off, roughly five minutes before he would have taken the oath.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
Really Fox!? This bias is insane! Should be fired from their jobs all of them!

Edit: He said "Ron Paul if you do a poll his results are usually in the single digits"

What a idiot! I hate them! All of them! It's clear bias and catering to the people who aren't smart. And lets face it, THIS IS AMERICA! Almost nobody is smart!

edit on 8/15/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/15/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

What he said is the truth.

What all of the Ron Paul supporters don't realize is that they all live in a little bubble of social networks that only cater to and surround themselves with their own sheeple of Ron Paul followers.
Then they call bias when the rest of the country chimes in and it isn't anything like they led themselves to believe.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadmessiah
I'd like to point out that the Fox News youtube channel only has 1.6 million views compared to Ron Paul's channel view total of over 8 million

Would you rather have 1 million unique viewers or 2000 who click it hundreds of times a day for years?
You can only vote once in the election.
Foreigners who slather over RP don't count
Kiddies under 18 can't vote for a reason

Factor in the facts and Ron Paul is a phoney product of social networking, his support is nowhere near a top contender.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join